Funny things they say

• Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

#51 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

Catie says 'duck-a-ling' for duckling and tried to say 'supposedly so' but it came out like 'su-***-so' she was also playing mommy to Jess the other day & calling her 'my kid' as in 'come here my kid' :lol:

#52 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:24 PM

My foot has been hurting me the past few days so I asked Bill to look at it to see if there was a bruise. Maya also wanted to look at it. She looks and says "well.... well...... sorry mommy!"

A few nights ago at dinner she dropped her sippy on her plate and said "I'm not so good with my sippy. I might need a big girl cup without a top!" :lol:

#53 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 04:17 PM

mackenna upon realizing her peach marker is more orange while she was coloring a person for homework - "oh well, i guess she just had a chemical bath!" :funny1:

#54 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

mackenna upon realizing her peach marker is more orange while she was coloring a person for homework - "oh well, i guess she just had a chemical bath!" :funny1:

That's awesome :rotf:

#55 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

Instead of 'fly in the buttermilk shoo fly shoo' they were just singing "climb on the butterbeans yeah yeah yeah" :dunno: :lol:

#56 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:54 AM

tonight, right before falling asleep...
j: can santa see me right now?
m: why do you ask?
j: because i am being good.
m: hmmm. well, i don't think santa is looking at you right now, but he knows when you're being good.
j: my world is really far away from santa's world. santa's world is all snow, and in my world it is almost spring. my world used to be all snow, but now it is almost springtime again.

a funny little non sequitur to end the evening. :funny1:

#57 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 02:05 PM

Lily: habababab (sees the cat) AAAAAA!

#58 Beany

Beany
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

Benji likes the moon. He sees it in the sky and says "Hi moon!" and blows it a kiss.

Misha told me that Jude is afraid of the moon :funny1:

#59 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,820 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:13 AM

Karys: Mommy, can I have an apple?
Me: Yes, but I'm not going to cut it up.
Karys: Nevermind, I'll just starve and then you'll be sad.

:funny1:

#60 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,808 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:36 PM

Jerry got sent to lunch detention, the second detention I've heard about this week for goofing around. (not a hangin' offense in my eyes, he's a 12 year old boy afterall, but still.) He's describing what went down and how he thought it was totally ridiculous that he got sent to detention.

I say in a sarcastic tone, "Seems like you've been getting detention a lot for things that weren't your fault."

He says, "I know, right!?"

Damnit, not what I meant at all. I have to brush up on my sarcasm.

#61 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:08 PM

magnolia pooped 2 x yesterday ... first one big, second one 2 small ones...
her description...

"i had a big poop, and then i pooped a snowman"
:shocked:

#62 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,031 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

:lol:

#63 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:35 PM

magnolia pooped 2 x yesterday ... first one big, second one 2 small ones...
her description...

"i had a big poop, and then i pooped a snowman"
:shocked:

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

#64 Beany

Beany
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

PG is visiting with me today. We have the same hair cut. Benji looked at her and said "more mommy!"

#65 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:02 AM

while i was stacking toys on jay's head, mackenna came over and said "i know JUST what he needs! a FACIAL!" while she puts lily's blanket buddy over his face. :funny1: "facials are green and that's how you know thety got a facial." :lmao:

#66 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:32 PM

PG is visiting with me today. We have the same hair cut. Benji looked at her and said "more mommy!"

last night, i was reading jeremy "if" which is a beautiful, imaginative book that misha gave me. there is one page that says "if whales lived in space" and the picture is of whales swimming in outer space with planets in the background.

mommy: do you know where whales really live?
jeremy: yeah. in water!
mommy: what kind of water? (thinking ocean)
jeremy: blue water!

#67 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

this isn't a funny thing he said, more like a funny thing he did. it was 4:50, neither of us had made a move to start supper. jeremy decided he was hungry and wanted a "snacky supper" -- what we say when we don't feel like cooking and have fresh veggies and fruit, crackers or bread and cheese for supper. it can be just about anything but it has to be balanced and healthy. then he decided that he would make it himself. so he started making supper for all of us! we had apple juice, wheat thins in little dishes, dry life cereal in little dishes, cucumber and orange pepper that he cut all by himself, and sour cream and onion chips (not so healthy but hey, its saturday night :D ) for protein, kev had cheddar that jeremy cut, i had chevre and jeremy had a yogurt drink. it was pretty cool to watch my four year old make supper for all of us. :clapping:

#68 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,031 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

awesome!

#69 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

lately he has been switching the first letters of two word combos. he asked me when he can go to yew nork city. :funny1:

jj: mommy when can you shoot me out of a cannon?
me: why do you want me to shoot you out of a cannon?
jj: so i can see what all the sky is like.

#70 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

Jess all weekend "Worm-a town" :heart:

#71 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

in august, jj's gramma took him somewhere that had a pool table. when i got home, he was all excited to tell me he played "shoot pool" with his big cousin.

last night he had a bucket of pencils and large marbles. he told me they were his shoot pool sticks and shoot pool balls. :funny1:

#72 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:36 PM

mackenna while she's washing up in the tub last night: "i got my whole leg white with soap. i mean santa claus white! i look like michael jackson!" :lmao:

#73 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,820 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

Karys: "Mommy, if Aunt Lissa is pregnant, does that mean Aunt Mandy has a penis?"

:rotf:

#74 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 10:38 PM

:lmao:

#75 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 10:21 AM

i :heart: this thread. :D

#76 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:23 PM

jj just came downstairs in his jammies, except the top was a golf shirt, just plain black with a collar.

jj: this is my alien shirt.
me: oh yeah? what is it that makes it an alien shirt?
jj: it's black, and that means space. so it's my alien shirt.

#77 Ravn

Ravn
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,820 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 03:40 AM

that makes perfect sense to me!

#78 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

jj just came downstairs in his jammies, except the top was a golf shirt, just plain black with a collar.

jj: this is my alien shirt.
me: oh yeah? what is it that makes it an alien shirt?
jj: it's black, and that means space. so it's my alien shirt.

:lol: :clapping:

#79 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:04 PM

I teach dance - my dance teachers used to travel with the big orchestras (they were at Pearl Harbor when it was bombed entertaining troops) - Mrs. Fanton gave me all of her records when I opened my studio..... great stuff that I had Bud put on CDs for me.

I just started a new 4 year old class - and for 2 weeks, one little one just could not imagine what that sizzling sound (of the record player) was -

Records? Tapes ? What's that?!

#80 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:27 PM

Jess called McDonalds "Donald Ducks" today :funny1:

Cate used to call it "Old Mac Donalds" - they both think it's a place to go to the bathroom :lol:

#81 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 03:59 PM

they both think it's a place to go to the bathroom :lol:

Well that is the end result :lol:

#82 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

driving home from school mag saw a bird flying alone, she says,
"mom, that's so sad, that bird has no friends, or family.."
me - "well maybe he's going home to be with his family and friends"
mag - "if i was a bird i'd be his friend"
:heart:

a few min later see a group of birds flying, ha
mag - "i think they are going to a restaurant mom":lol:

#83 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:48 PM

mackenna, telling me about what she learned about the march of dimes in school. "when babies are born like lily, that's normal, but if they're very small, they're called prototypes and they need special diapers."

#84 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

mackenna, telling me about what she learned about the march of dimes in school. "when babies are born like lily, that's normal, but if they're very small, they're called prototypes and they need special diapers."

:lmao::lmao::lmao: awesome!!

#85 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

jeremy and kevin watched star wars (the original) and the next day he told me very matter-of-factly that 'dark vader' is all black and that's why he is called 'dark vader.' :funny1:

#86 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

on saturday we had jeremy's 5th birthday party. he blew out his candles and everyone enjoyed eating the cupcakes they had decorated.
a few hours later, we were on our way to my friend kellie's when he said to me, "when i'm six, i'm not going to blow out the fire, i'm going to eat the fire, okay, mommy?"

#87 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 01:56 PM

Happy Birthday Jeremy!! 5 already huh?!??? :eek::wink:

My Dad grows a mustache at the beginning of every hunting season. It looks ridiculous and we all beg him to shave it off, but he'll only do it if he gets a deer. Well opening day he got a deer so he shaved off his mustache. Bill was putting Maya to bed the other night and he told her she had to sleep late b/c he was going to get up super early to go hunting and try to get a deer. She said to him "If you get a deer does that mean you're going to shave off your beard and mustache??" :lol: That kid is so smart it's scary.

#88 Misha

Misha

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,689 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

What a great thread--how have I missed this?? :lol:

#89 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

On the way to Wabbit's house yesterday, Jess says" My favorite color is pink. light pink, dark pink, hot pink. and purple. light purple, dark purple & HOT purple" :lol:

#90 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:49 PM

Maya at McDonald's yesterday (a special treat since we never go there). She asked if I got a toy with my meal since both she and Eliza did. I said I didn't get a happy meal so I didn't get a toy. She said "did you get a sad meal?" :lol:

#91 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:52 PM

Maya at McDonald's yesterday (a special treat since we never go there). She asked if I got a toy with my meal since both she and Eliza did. I said I didn't get a happy meal so I didn't get a toy. She said "did you get a sad meal?" :lol:

:lmao: that's great

#92 cj

cj

canadian, eh!

• VibeTribe
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:25 AM

today jeremy and i were at the mall (the big one that we normally avoid like the plague), we had to get snowpants for each of us and a comfy hat and mittens for him. it was so loud, and packed with people, it was an incredibly unpleasant experience. so after walking from one end of the mall to the other, and visiting all three floors, we finally made it to zellers. after he tried on snowpants, i was so wound my head was on the verge of exploding. jeremy asked me something about 6 times and i said to him, "i can't talk right now. i am very cranky because i hate shopping at the mall. it is too loud and too busy and i just need to get out of here." jeremy follows me as i walk down the aisle. he thinks for a second and pipes up, "mommy, you are the best mommy i have ever seen. i love you." aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww! i just about melted and that snapped me out of my mall induced freak out in a heartbeat, it was so genuine and sweet. i stopped and gave him a kiss and said "thank you, it was the nicest thing i had heard all day. i love you too." and off we walked, chatting calmly and happily in the midst of chaos. he is so awesome!!!

#93 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 672 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 04:26 PM

Damien is 2 1/2 yrs old now and really starting to talk sentences. He spent the night with us Thanksgiving night. In the early morning he got into bed with me and pappy, that's what he calls my husband, and I told him to go back to sleep like a good big boy. He said " No I'm a penguin." I said no you aren't a penguin, you're a big good boy! He then said " Ok then, I'm a cow"
What a goof ball!!!

#94 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 28 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I <3 this thread :lol:

#95 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

mackenna got a book about justin beiber at her book fair today. lily just picked it up and mack snatched it away from her saying "no lily, it's not your reading level." :lol:

#96 Zero419

Zero419
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 03 December 2010 - 05:09 PM

Our 3 year old said at old folks home when offered a cookie.

"Will it make me old?"

#97 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:54 PM

Frank was talking about something & then started 'screaming' and Cate says...

"Ok Daddy, but that's not an excuse to go crazy!" :lol:

#98 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 10:00 PM

It was my husband's birthday the other day so my daughter Maggie and grandson Damien made him a cake. Maggie asked Damien who's birthday it is and Damien said Pappy's birthday. Maggie then asked Damien how old is Pappy? Damien said two and a half!

#99 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 05:08 PM

I took a pencil or something out of Lily's hand the other day and she turned around and said fah Q :lol:

#100 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 06:04 PM

I took a pencil or something out of Lily's hand the other day and she turned around and said fah Q :lol:

twice! :rolling: