The Master Cleanse!

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#101 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

I'm a doctor, but I don't think the master cleanse is healthy for women who are pregnant or nursing

wait.
you're a doctor?? :huh:
Shit I never knew! :lol:
:heart:

#102 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

uh... wait.... forgot a key word in there "NOT"

Its been edited

#103 RainfilledSky

RainfilledSky
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

This sounds completely delightful and I wish that I could try it. But I'm thinking it wouldn't work very well with my current lifestyle. I am training for a 10K & a sprint triathlon. I work ten hours days, commute two hours a day, run or swim or bike daily, and teach a variety of water aerobic classes throughout the week. I think I'd keel over after day one.

However the macrobiotic cleanse sounds like it would work better for me. Any information would be much appreciate. :)

#104 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

Day 7
and thank god I'm nearing the end...
my body is just deprived of too many things it needs at the moment.
I was up most of the night, well every hour pretty much umm "flushing" out lord knows what. My stomach was upset all night long...for no good reason. :rolleyes:
Today my bones are sore...so strange, my cat went to climb over me and the 7 lb fucker felt like she weighed 30 lbs.
I feel a little better after a nice hot shower...but so so so tired.
I'm glad I've made it this far though, my initial goal was 7 days...so I'll prob make it through tomorrow and thats that.
I think I have too many deficient things in my body to do this for the 10-15 days...iron being the biggest. I've certainly caught up on all my sleep this week thats for sure. :lol:

Well here's to another day or three....we'll see how long I can hold out. I'm excited to start cooking again though!!!

#105 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

Thank you everybody for posting your progress/feelings/experiences. I want to start this in March so it's nice to see that people are sticking to it. It's encouraging. :thumbup:

#106 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 07:42 PM

LIB- please listen to your body and don't push this cleanse too far. It sounds to me like you might want to stop sooner rather than later. :heart:

#107 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:14 PM

Day 7, Still feel really good. Gonna do one more day then call it. I think I'm gonna do this once or twice a year. I'll easily be able to do 10 days or more next time.

I can't wait to eat

#108 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

day 9!
I am one with the lemons. one with the lemons....
what a trip!
- im so there- yet so far away- lol.
tomorrow i buy the veggies for my soup- no more salt flushes- no more hauling lemonade to work. no more drooling over KFC commercials.
the worst food to put in front of me this time- potato chips. i have no idea why but them sitting in the bowl looked like the holy grail during american idol on tuesday nite.
i figured out that why i wasnt losing weight-was because i was retaining water from the salt flushes.- so i followed a suggestion to add another teaspoon of salt and it worked really well* im 7 lbs less than when i weighed myself a few days ago.
im glad i did this- i feel so much better and renewed.....
it was easier this time around- but it was the most intense one yet. just physically- mentally- i felt very good about doing this- i get a new start for 2009 and i'm on a better path than what i was on before. way better...
i really cannot wait for my veggie soup- a cold kombucha and a wicked pile of swiss chard, sunflower seeds and goddess dressing :) nummies :)

and tatum - and anju....congrats you guys! way to go :)

#109 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

Day 8 and the finale :clapping:
Last day...I dont think my body is ready for anymore...
I feel ok. I had a big break in lemonade yesterday when I went to adopt the little kitty. I had no idea the lady would be so long winded.
I got home and had to care for the kitty transition first...
Its been 2 nights now that I've been up almost every hour w/ a wrenching stomach ache :undecided: had to skip the flush yesterday bc of fear of dehydration. *shrugs*
I feel ok today...ready to finish out the day, hit whole foods for some veggies and make some soup!!!! :bliss:
I can't wait to cook I miss it the most of all...(well and eating too)
its been a good soul searching week. I wish that my iron wasn't so low so that I was awake for more of it.
I'm ready for a nice cup of coffee soon too. OMG how I miss yummy wake up juice.

I learned alot about my strengths and honestly took 2 steps away from people in my life and really looked at the relationships...figured out what I did and didn't want from them...
I also learned that there is never a time of day when someone isn't eating in my office. :ravn:

YAY last day!!! :bliss:
Idk what I'm more excited for, this or the new kitty....well or for them all to get along right now. :lol:

#110 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 06:01 AM

Just made my final batch of lemonade...

Ready for a day of veg broth and juices (saturday), followed by a day a veg soup and fruits, veg's, nuts (Sunday)... and then back on to the South Beach Diet on Monday!

#111 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 11:02 AM

Just made my final batch of lemonade...

Ready for a day of veg broth and juices (saturday), followed by a day a veg soup and fruits, veg's, nuts (Sunday)... and then back on to the South Beach Diet on Monday!

:woot:

YAY go us!
:clapping:I may already have next weeks meals planned already :funny1:

#112 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 17 January 2009 - 03:16 PM

i'm done!
:)

besides the nagging sinus/headache/nack pain i have and low grade fever i had for the past 3 days- I'm doing a-ok.
I think because I cleansed out my system- the chemicals I have floating in the air at my workplace really irritated my respiratory system more than normal. i wish it would go away.... the folks at the health food store recommended for my workplace to do a heavy metal cleanse once i start back on solid foods- then a liver cleanse after that. i dont work right where the screen printing happens- i have my own workroom- but the fumes permeate the air so bad sometimes that smoke floats through the building even with ventilation. the place smells so bad like ink (so i've noticed this past week- oof). god knows what i have absorbed into my blood since april....

otherwise - excellent.
i had a small cup of coffee this morning - it tasted like shit- and i'm jumpy. :lol:
i dont ease out like i should - but i'm going to nibble on just raw food today besides until the big soup tonight. i went to natures corner last night and they have some wicked good raw food meals prepackaged- so for my treat i scored the mediterranean wrap.
www.awesomefoods.com
these are some rockin raw meals.

everything tastes so different!

i lost 10 lbs total. but this time i am going as raw and dairy free with my diet from here on out as i can.
on ward and upward.
i've been reading alex grey's "The Mission of Art" the whole time on the cleanse, too and it awakened something in my creative center something amazing!!! i started a new painting on day 4- and it's something that has a mind of it's own... it paints itself rather than me doing it- its weird to explain- but exhilarating :)
i feel awesome (besides the annoying headache)!!!!!!!!

edited to add::::

headache....
mark was working on my neck a bit ago and i discovered a big swollen lymph node under my jaw thats probably due to detoxing. its pinching the nerves in the entire right side of my head. i hope it goes away..... ugh.

#113 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 18 January 2009 - 11:49 PM

2 days after.

what now tastes like shit:
coffee=dirt water
wine=gasoline+st josephs baby aspirin
chocolate= uck.
vanilla ice cream (as i was giving azalea some)= chemically disgusting.

i do have to say that the veggie soup rocked.

#114 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

It's interesting how your taste change after wards - your body recognizes the junk in those foods and says blech !

I just finished my 7 day precurser to next month's 3 week Spring Cleaning not sure how much weight I lost but I definately "feel" much lighter

having a harder then usual time gaining my appetite back though... strange, and no cravings of any kind other then the soup as it was cooking...

next month should be really helpful....

namaste my fellow cleansers

#115 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 01:45 PM

I'm really looking forward to this. I'm starting next month. I'll be house sitting for a week so I will be free of temptation. YAY!!

#116 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

I'm starting the cleanse on Friday.....I'm a bit nervous.

I've been trying to eat healthier, cutting out caffeine and drinking more liquids.

I'm actually excited to go buy my first batch of lemons. Wish me luck!

#117 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:51 PM

How did you people do this for more than one day?? I'm not a huge fan of the juice, I'll have to make it with less pepper and syrup next time.

I'm hungry and my sense of smell has already gone into feral mode.

Oh this day won't be over soon enough.

#118 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 08:01 PM

dont give up!!!
I can't put the pepper in the lemonade, it really hurts me.
What Andrew and I did was we took a shot of the pepper (for appitiete surpressing) and then made the lemonade w/ just the maple syrup and lemons and water. MUCH better tasting. Play around w/ the recipe a little, I can't handle mine too citrusy, (heart burn and hard to chug)
the first 3 days are the ABSOLUTE WORST
but...beyond that it gets easier by the day :)

#119 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 12:44 PM

Epic failure. I caved. I think a combo of PMS and the fact that the people I'm house-sitting for left a big bag of Lay's on the kitchen counter. Oh well. I'm stocking up on veggies this week and making sure to get in some extra exercise everyday. That at least makes me feel a little better. Maybe I'll try the cleanse some other time......when I'm not pms'ing!!

#120 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

anyone thinking of doing this again anytime soon? :huh:

#121 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:04 PM

yes - probably next week actually

#122 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:11 PM

ooh yeah, me too. i'm so glad to know i won't be alone. i actually have the support of my hubby this time too. :crazy:

#123 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:31 PM

nice - yeah I plan on whooping it up good this weekend then starting the veggie only Mon- Wed, Fasting thursday on lemonade only

#124 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

thus it begins...

[FONT=Arial]The fast starts today, perfectly on a slight hangover LOL Only raw veggies the past 2 days, today - Detox tea and lemonade

#125 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:32 PM

2 days in and I am a pooping machine :funny1: dam i luv this lemonade tho ! got to remember to make this during non fasts for breakfast as burroughs suggests, it is so dam yummy. So far almost too easy, no hunger pangs or cravings at all. :Phishfolk:

what happened to ya momma ? ? ???

#126 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 01:38 PM

i had a bit of stress recently... i am preparing and will do it the week of the 15th.

#127 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:06 PM

cool - yeah I had a bit myself and almost pushed it out - but I am WAY overdue, this was suposed to happen in March LOL

I really needed it though based on the way I am already feeling :)

#128 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 02:10 PM

i'm gonna def be doing it over the summer solstice... it just would not have been a good idea to do with the type of stress i'm feeling. well, maybe it would be for ME but not for my family, you know? :heart:

#129 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 02:45 AM

i tried limes this time since they were out of organic lemons when i went to the health food store - lots more juice then the lemons and appear to be working the same - Burroughs says you can sub them in his book

i feel great - looking forward to an ice cold beer when I come off of this tho

and georgi's salad thread has given me some great ideas as well:Phishfolk:

#130 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

one week down - already prepping for the feast this weekend

http://www.gathering...read.php?t=5684

#131 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

good job! i used limes too... i would mix it up a bit so i wasn't bored. lol. i'm gonna do mine next week after a weekend of camping and before the ryan boat cruise. :smile:

#132 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:26 PM

I also add psyllium whole husks to every other glass to help the colon along, rarely do i need the laxative tea and only once have I resorted to salt water flushes

OJ today, then salad tomorrow I miss Annies Shitake Mushroom vinagrette and Goddess dressings.... one more day :)

#133 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,971 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

i can't do the salt water flushes due to kidney issues so i just went without. its really hard for me cause so many of the veggies good for most people are on my no-eat list. i do believe that if a food isn't going to kill you then moderation is ok but sweet potato, spinach... i'm so sad not to be able to have them when/if i want.

#134 KARSEN

KARSEN
  • VibeTribe
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:35 PM

We just completed 8 days of it two days ago. Not hard at all actually. Tonight will have a nice salad. Looking forward to it. My little one has stomach issues today and I am feeding her some veggie soup so we will probably have a bit of tht too.

#135 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:30 PM

nice going Karsen !

how did you do musicmomma ? I am already planning my next one

#136 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

...and so it begins again.

Today (monday) was all raw foods. Nuts, fruits, veg's, and some awesome Acai juice I scored at Whole Foods.

Tomorrow is all OJ and Veg broth

Wednesday on the lemonade and I'm planning on at least 10 days of it.

#137 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

store bought vegetable broth SUCKS

even if it's organic and from Whole Foods... it still SUCKS

#138 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:40 PM

so easy to make your self in a crockpot man, especially during summer harvest season, chop a bunch of whatever you can buy at a local produce stand and throw it in the crockpot for a day - killer broth. I always add some kale and usually a red beet with the greens and garlic and onion for flavor.

the broth can be drank pre and post fast, then the soup for that meal after a bunch of OJ post fast. I almost started one this week but my boss quitting and last lunches and beers after work negated that for this week.

Huge kudos for you attempting this over a holiday weekend - I'mm gonna eat fat and shoot for a tuesday start

GL brother

#139 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

fuck... I forgot this was Labor Day weekend....

oh well...

#140 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:39 PM

hey - even if ya get a few days in it's better then none... IMO

#141 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:40 PM

Nope, I'm all or none. I'll do at least 10 days on the lemonade starting tomorrow holiday weekend or not.

#142 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

rock on brother - you have any gigs this weekend.....

#143 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:00 PM

No, thankfully... just work

#144 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:58 PM

so..... how did it all go ?

#145 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:02 PM

It went well. I did 10 days just on the lemonade and I feel GREAT!

Now it's time to book an appointment with a trainer at my gym.

#146 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

time for another one... :heart: