The Master Cleanse!

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#51 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

Green Tea only has about 30mg of caffeine, compared to coffee which has about 100mg, (unless you're drinking Brianne's coffee which has about 500mg)

Caffeine is one of the toxins we are trying to get rid of so you should keep it to a minimal amount. Maybe you should get some decaf Green Tea like I drink every day.

Will start on decaf green tea tomorrow :blush:
oui.
:coffee:

#52 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

I'm gonna start Monday...after the baby-shower-with-food-I-cant-resist and the Giants game-we're hosting for this one. I figure why torture myself?

Tatum, I think you might find that you'll lose your taste for the caffeine, esp the further into the cleanse you go as you rid your bod of 'all the nasty' as I call it so I'd def try to wean yourself off the tea as best you can...just think, everything you put into your system eventually has to come out...

You Can Dooooo It!!! :grin:

#53 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Not getting drunk and eating all kinds of bad food on sunday while the Giants whoop the Eagles is going to be a challenge.

#54 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Not getting drunk and eating all kinds of bad food on sunday while the Giants whoop the Eagles is going to be a challenge.

no kidding. Billy is going to have fun w/ us that day :rolleyes:

Good idea Jami! No reason to set yourself up for failure. :wink:
I'm anxious about that game btw. :ravn:

#55 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

This organic vegetable broth sucks!

#56 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

This organic vegetable broth sucks!

:lol: add a pinch of sea salt :)

#57 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:05 PM

you could add whatever you want to that broth and it still sucks :lol:

um all this juice is making my butt hole explode. :undecided:
Can't wait for the flushes :clapping:

#58 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

:lmao:

#59 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:27 PM

How are you doing Brianne? You started first right?
How bout you Tatum, Andrew??

Today is day 1 of raw food and liquids for me. Shouldn't be too hard cause that makes up most of my food anyways (except for dinner). I made the lemon-syrup-cayenne concoction this morning and am drinking it...but I do plan on having some fruit later. Chach made me some coffee this morning as per usual. I only had a FEW sips. (Hey its a liquid, right) :lol:
Tea for me tomorrow and I guess I'll have to pick up some *gulp* decaf green tea soon.

#60 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:37 PM

Official Day 1 Master Cleanse
I would be better had I not had to come into work today and move my entire office, get locked out of my computer for an hour and so on...and now sets in the headache.

This morning I decided on decaf green tea...my headache is telling me this wasn't the best idea I've had. :undecided:
Drinking the lemonade, almost done w/ my first liter of it...going to do a flush soon, (fantastic that the new office is closer to a bathroom) and then make my 2nd lemonade for the day.
Am also trying Billy Vegas' idea w/ the cayanne shot and chasing it w/ lemonade, I can't do the cayanne in the lemonade, HEARTBURN like crazy :ravn:
I feel good though. Was up at 5 and out of the house at 6:15 w/ very little trouble...although I did go to bed around 9~ish :blush:

(cont at 1:49pm) my headache is BAD and its seeping into my shoulders. hmph.
I'm looking forward to a nice shoulder rub tomorrow (hem!) and a good nights sleep tonight. Especialy since I have to work tomorrow at 9am BOOOOOOOOOOOO.
I'm hungry, but doing ok...Almost done w/ 2 liters of lemonade.
I'd feel better if this day didn't suck so bad :lol:

#61 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:18 PM

I think there's too much sea salt in my water
:puke:

#62 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

Tatum you can find cayanne pepper pills at a health food store, that way you don't have to put the pepper in.
I like it actually. Gives it a nice kick.

#63 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

Today is my real day 1... I just got up since I'm partially nocturnal

about to do my 1st flush and make my first lemonade...

I have to remember to watch NFL network instead of the Food Network

#64 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 08:07 PM

How much of the lemonade do you guys drink per day?

is there a minimum/maximum that you should drink?

I think I could drink 3 or 4 quarts of this stuff in a day easily

also..

how much sea salt vs how much water are you guys putting in your saline flush?

#65 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:12 PM

The saline flush is 4 cups of water (1 quart)- 2 teaspoons of non iodized sea salt.
-- drink a little bit of water right after to help it go down.... water makes it work faster - so if you go a long time without that fun end result- have a glass of h20....

Day 3- i freakin feel awesome. --- i have not felt like shit at all since i started- just an achy neck a bit and being really tired. i actually feel good- and i haven't really had that much of an urge to eat- i anticipate when i want something to eat- and then i take the energy and do something else- sippin that lemonade... its a lot easier the third time, i'll say. :)
-- i have not had one caffeine fit either- and anju is pretty much right - my coffee is basically espresso in a giant cup.... but there's no withdrawl at all-- i feel like its been pretty much a mental addiction for me... this time is a piece of cake. its more of a meditation time this time.....

lemonade- i fill up a gallon jug of about 5 glasses worth and drink it all day- helps when you have to be at work at 7am and have no time to make individual drinks during the day. i'll have 2 more after thats done and a whole lot of water in between.
tea at night.... more water.....

:) i feel very calm and good and fuzzy. :)

cant wait till day 10 when you feel like a lemonade Buddha.:v:

#66 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:24 PM

here's some funtime reading! ---

this is from another mc board....

[I]
Detoxification Stages

Here is an overview of the detoxification stages during a juice fast. The time periods are a general estimation.

Stage 1 (Day 1 To Day 2)
On the first day of fasting, the blood sugar level drops below 70 mg/dl. To restore the blood to the normal glucose level, liver glycogen is converted to glucose and released into the blood. This reserve is enough for half a day. The body then reduces the basal metabolic rate (BMR). The rate of internal chemical activity in resting tissue is lowered to conserve energy. The heart slows and blood pressure is reduced. Glycogen is pulled from the muscle causing some weakness. The first wave of cleansing is usually the worst.

Headaches, dizziness, nausea, bad breath, glazed eyes and a heavily coated tongue are signs of the first stage of cleansing. Hunger can be the most intense in this period .
Stage 2 (Day 3 To Day 7)
Fats, composed of transformed fatty acids, are broken down to release glycerol from the gliceride molecules and are converted to glucose. The skin may become oily as rancid oils are purged from the body. People with problem-free skin may have a few days of pimples or even a boil. A pallid complexion is also a sign of waste in the blood. Ketones are formed by the incomplete oxidation of fats. It is suspected that the ketones in the blood suppress the appetite by affecting the food-satiety center in the hypothalamus. You may feel hungry for the first few days of the fast. This effect is temporary. The desire to eat will disappear. Lack of hunger may last 40 to 60 days, depending on whether you are on water or juice.

The body embraces the fast and the digestive system is able to take a much-needed rest, focusing all of its energies on cleansing and healing. White blood cell and immune system activity increases. You may feel pain in your lungs. The cleansing organs and the lungs are in the process of being repaired. Periodically, the lymphatic system expels mucoid matter through the nose or throat. The volume excreted of this yellow-colored mucus can be shocking. The sinuses go through periods of being clogged, then will totally clear. The breath is still foul and the tongue coated. Within the intestine, the colon is being repaired and impacted feces on the intestinal wall start to loosen.

Stage 3 (Day 8 to Day 15)
On the latter part of an extended fast, you can experience enhanced energy, clear-mindedness and feel better than you have felt since childhood. On the downside, old injuries may become irritated and painful. This is a result of the body's increased ability to heal during fasting. If you had broken your arm 10 years before, there is scar tissue around the break. At the time of the break, the body's ability to heal was directly related to lifestyle. If you lived on a junk-food diet, the body's natural healing ability was compromised.

During fasting, the body's healing process is at optimum efficiency. As the body scours for dead or damaged tissue, the lymphocytes enter the older, damaged tissue secreting substances to dissolve the damaged cells. These substances irritate the nerves in the surrounding region and cause a reoccurrence of aches from previously injured areas that may have disappeared years earlier. The pain is good as the body is completing the healing process. The muscles may become tight and sore due to toxin irritation. The legs can be the worst affected, as toxins accumulate in the legs. Cankers are common in this stage due to the excessive bacteria in the mouth. Daily gargling with salt and water will prevent or heal cankers.

Stage 4 (Day 16 to Day 30)
The body is completely adapted to the fasting process. There is more energy and clarity of mind. Cleansing periods can be short with many days of feeling good in between. There are days when the tongue is pink and the breath is fresh. The healing work of the organs is being completed. After the detoxification mechanisms have removed the causative agent or render it harmless, the body works at maximum capacity in tissue proliferation to replace damaged tissue. While a short fast will reduce the symptoms, a longer fast can completely heal. Homeostatic balance is at optimum levels. The lymphatic system is clean except for a rare discharge of mucus through the nose or throat. After day 20, the mind is affected. Heightened clarity and emotional balance are felt at this time. Memory and concentration improve.

Stage 5 (Breaking the Fast)
The sticky, toxic, mucoid coating on the intestinal wall is loose, and the first meal frees it from the intestinal wall. Toxins enter the blood through the colon. The gallbladder dumps its waste in a heavy discharge of bile. This can cause an instant bowel movement upon eating followed by intense diarrhea.

#67 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 12:55 PM

Day 2
Woke up easily today...thats a first, seeing as I have to work on a Sat (BBOOOO)
I had some bad headaches and neck aches yesterday, they seem better today, but I've been up for about an hour so far.
The urge to eat last night was increadable...I wanted every little thing we had in the house, even stuff I wouldn't normally eat, so I put myself in bed w/ some fasting tea and my lemonade and watched tv ... trying to ease the headache and neck aches.

So here I go, busier day today, work, kitten shopping, show later on, then a movie...
that should keep me pretty busy and away from the kitchen...
My biggest issue is that all I can think about is food. Like telling yourself not to think about something, its obviously what you think about... :ravn:

I'm ready to be deeper into this cleanse...I know the first few days blow.

#68 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:54 PM

isn't it weird how you get bizarre cravings for things you wouldn't normally like?

the first time i cleansed- i would see KFC commercials- and drool. i dont like actual chicken but it looked so damn good- even when i had my last piece of chicken 18 years ago.
this time around- they are still doing it- lol. and pancake commercials.
i actually love watching the food channel and making food for my family during this- funny- i don't know why.

tatum- next time the food spiral gets overwhelming at home- take a hot shower- put on snuggly clothes and take 15 minutes alone to meditate-visualizing the end when you feel good and whole and wonderful--- it'll take your mind off it. find something that fulfills you like knitting or writing or drawing or reading and spend some time doing that instead- it'll take your mind off wanting to eat and you do something with the energy :)
:heart:

Day 4 so far- i woke up with my knees killing me. i have old knee injuries from grammar school basketball and cheerleading that are arising again- its weird how your body does that. oh they hurt.....
i also woke up with a severe urge to create- i want to sew and paint at the same time! ack.

how are you folks storing your lemons? mine are going bad fast- so i stuck them in the fridge.

:)

#69 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 03:40 PM

my lemons are ok...grabbed them at whole foods the other night and they're on the kitchen table in the mesh bag they come in. But my house is pretty cold most of the day
thats a good idea, I made some tea and got into my bed w/ my little girl. She's having issues being alone w/out my other kitty, so I've been spending ALL my time w/ her...man she's so talkative lately :lol:
we watched some tv and snuggled up till we both fell asleep :heart:

YAY creative is GREAT!
my neck is less achy, B try putting heat on your knees today...its also snowy and bitter cold, I'm sure between the cleanse and the weather your knees are going to be shot this weekend. :undecided:

I'm about to finish 1 order at work and then go make my 2nd liter of juice :smile:

#70 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:04 PM

These threads give me inspiration to try this, but I fear doing it during the school year when I'm not able to use the restroom whenever I need...and will have children in front of me needing stuff add damn day. When I don't eat i get visciously cranky

#71 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Day 2

I feel pretty good. I don't have any aches or pains yet and I'm not hungry at all right now. I know the worst is coming in the next 48 hours. Last night I had an awesome rehearsal and had tons of energy to play for about 4 hours. But afterwards everyone was talking about going to a diner... THAT WAS TORTURE!

I've learned to do the cayenne pepper in a shot with water and chase it with water. The lemonade tastes so much better without it.

I've been keeping myself really full with lemonade, water, decaf green tea and fasting tea.

#72 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

Yesterday was day one and day done for me. I didn't have a problem not drinking coffee, and I didn't even get a headache. My hunger was kept at bay until the evening when I wanted to eat everything that came on the television. Chach was more disturbed by the whole thing. He was barely eating even though I kept telling him "this is my fast, not yours". He felt really bad eating in front of me.
Brianne, I don't know HOW you can cook for your family during this whole thing...you are a slightly sadistic, very STRONG willed soul.:lol:
There are other reasons besides my desire to eat bacon, this is just not right for me right now. Ladies (and Andrew), be strong!
Brianne, you're an old pro at this by now huh?

#73 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

i guess- :lol: not really?
this is only my 3rd time- i think they key is definitely to psych yourself to the max up a long time before you start-
its strange how i like cooking- i can't explain it... i dont mind in the least people eating in front of me- its a bizarre calm i'm just getting used to now.. mark apologizes for eating too- but i really tell him it's not a big deal. however- mark starts HIS cleanse tomorrow- so when i get off of it- he'll still be on lemons so we switch roles... eek!!!
.ive been on a creative streak- i spent 4 hours yesterday painting- today i'm sewing up a bunch of stuff....

anju and tatum-is fasting tea the same as laxative tea?

:)

- day 5- feel good- i got some work done on my legs and knees and hips and feels much better now- i think the deep tissue stuff released some wicked toxins because i felt really sick this morning for about an hour.... drank a ton of water to flush it out- feel much better... ive lost 5 lbs so far- .- i have to skip the tea tonight because this morning my stomach was really crampy... last night was a little tough with the food cravings- the Cinnabon episode of Unwrapped got to me a little bit. :lol:
ive lost the cough i've had for 2 months- i feel good. :) calm...
halfway there (unless i decide to go extra)....!

#74 hippiechickme

hippiechickme
  • VibeTribe
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:23 PM

I admire all of you doing this. I cannot even psyche myself up to try, although I know it would do me good.

Brianne, check your Gmail please.

#75 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:02 PM

The teas are different B.
Yogi has an actual fasting tea. Different from the smooth move tea.

Day 3
I'm feeling off...weak...not tired but not a whole lot of energy...
Kinda quiet and coming to realizations of things that have been on my mind for quite sometime. My thoughts are more clear...but my body isn't so much.
Soon I guess.
I'm not gonna lie, at this point I'm ready for it to be over...but it could be the combo of a craptasticly shitty day.
*shrugs*
I'll prob just put myself to bed and start over tomorrow.
Feeling better hopefully.

#76 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:32 PM

--- so you are doing the fasting + laxative tea? or just the fasting?

please be careful- some herbs in the fasting tea might not agree with the MC ingredients and could possibly mess your system up. the book doesn't recommend any kind of tea except mint and the laxative.... that might be the reason why you don't feel well* ? maybe?
anyhow- i hope you feel better, hun. hang in there. your a 3rd of the way through!
:heart:

#77 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:30 AM

WHY AM I WATCHING IRON CHEF AMERICA: BATTLE BACON?!?!?!?

Watching Bobby Flay deep fry bacon is just WRONG! :drool:

I need to go to bed.

I stayed strong today... even through a horrible horrible Giants loss bringing an end to their reign as Super Bowl Champions, I stayed strong.

My sister came over with the kids and my mom prepared a really awesome dinner... I couldn't even sit at the table with them while they ate.

I feel pretty good after day 3, I don't feel weak or any discomfort yet although I am really really hungry right now

#78 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:54 AM

I dont use/need the laxative tea. When I flush it ALL comes out. :blush:
I have a very regular schedule when I'm not cleansing anyways...
I used the yogi fasting tea before...no issues.
Its just day 3 that gets me all blah.

Day 4
Woke up feeling great at 430am, layed in bed till 515 playing w/ the kitty, and got up to shower...
I took a nice looong hot hot shower and scrubbed hard...my skin feels so good today. Aches are gone, bad mood, vanished... :clapping:
Still ready for this to be over, I'm excited to get myself back into South Beach...so I just keep looking to the next step in my new health regime.
I'm still feeling calm and quiet (2 things that aren't normally in my personality lol)
But I feel good. The aches are gone for now making life easier on me...
I'm in a new early to be early to rise thing....I love being up before everyone, get some quiet alone time before I start the crazy day and busy life.
I do want to get into some yoga, however, I'm broke broke broke at the moment and probably can't get to it till after my birthday *pouts*

I'm all of the sudden STARVING!
guess its time for some more juice and a flush. hmph. :ravn:

Edited by Lost-in-Boston, 12 January 2009 - 03:28 PM.
adding onto my day's progress

#79 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

awesome tatum! good to hear you are doing better- :) :heart:

anju- hell of a game, huh? that was a tuffie not eating/drinking for that one. argh. poopie manning. :joker:

day 6-
feel the same today- nothing new- i am working on recruiting my little bro and sister to the Lemonade Cult- they want a cleanse....
I doubt I am going past 10 days with this one. someday I hope.
Mark started his MC today- poor guy's all cranky .....and still irritated from yesterday's loss...... he detoxes from caffeine HARD. I'm waiting till tonight to get the headache pillow ready.
my mom calls us and invites us all over for a mega vegetable soup dinner tonight. beh. had to decline.

#80 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

Day 5 HALFWAY POINT! :bliss:
I feel ok. Woke up to some house complications this morning=no shower. I've really been loving my showers, just feels nice rinsing off all the crap from the tops of my pours and old skin (gross I know lol).
But I feel ok. I've been sleeping like a mad woman. In bed last night at like 745 and slept till about 1030, then up for a few, back to sleep till 130 then back to sleep till I woke up for the day at 430. Its not dissruptive sleep either, its like a sound sleep, where when I wake up I get nervous that I've overslept, feeling like I've been sleeping forever!
I :heart: sleeping :smile:
I'm way calm....little things aren't setting me over the edge as they have been in the past few months...(like no hot water/heat this morning). I'm more grateful for things that are in my life...I want to show my appreciation to certain people more...send out more "hey I miss you how have you been" emails to people I've kinda lost touch with...
I feel that the past two days have been more mental cleansing for me than physical...and I'm really ok w/ all that. :heart:

Still craving steak and spinach, but that just tells me that soon my anemia will kick into over drive and a little clumbsy bump is going to give me a giant gross bruise. I'll also assume this is why I'm sleeping so much...low iron. Lived w/ it my whole life and I plan to boost up on it when I'm finished here. But I don't feel finished yet.
Also craving CHEESE FRIES like you read about. But I'm not giving into that craving for quite a few months now. I'm on the path to making me healthy for the first time ever....I feel good...recharged...happy :heart::smile:
(it just feels like its been so long since my heart has been this happy)

#81 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:10 PM

Yay Tatum! :bliss:

#82 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:43 PM

I give you guys credit I tried this and lasted 7 days. I vowed never to do it again. I understand the benefits but I've gone a different route to clean out my system without starving myself. The effects on your system are amazing but it's not for me especially working full time.

#83 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:03 PM

I give you guys credit I tried this and lasted 7 days. I vowed never to do it again. I understand the benefits but I've gone a different route to clean out my system without starving myself. The effects on your system are amazing but it's not for me especially working full time.

What sort of cleanse do you do? (If you don't mind me asking).

I'm like you--I'm intrigued by the Master Cleanse, but don't think I could make it too far while still working, etc. and I don't see myself taking a week's vacation to do it.

#84 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:10 PM

Day 5, still feel really good. I'm actually having fun torturing myself with the food network, its like adding a challenge for me.

I'm just in the zone with this now, doing 7 days will be no problem, I'll probably come closer to 10.

#85 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:22 PM

The only real issue I have is the flushes...
After I drink the sea salt luke warm water I imediately want to puke it up.
I deal w/ about 15-20 min of severe nausia till it works its way out the other end.
:undecided:
right now I want to hurl
:puke:

#86 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

Day 5, still feel really good. I'm actually having fun torturing myself with the food network, its like adding a challenge for me.

I'm just in the zone with this now, doing 7 days will be no problem, I'll probably come closer to 10.

End on Sunday and Broth/soup Monday?? :huh:
I'm down for whatever...I'm kinda just floating through right now...
the neck aches came back a few hours ago and aside from the non stop sleeping I'm doing well. :smile:

#87 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 04:25 PM

I want to see how I feel over the weekend, then decide how long I'm gonna go

#88 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:51 PM

I'm like you--I'm intrigued by the Master Cleanse, but don't think I could make it too far while still working, etc. and I don't see myself taking a week's vacation to do it.

You should try a brown rice (macrobiotic) cleanse.
Juice "fast" day one (with SPECIFIC juices- if youre interested I can look them up in my healthy healing book)
7 days of veggie juice only throughout the day and then an early dinner consisting of 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of steamed veggies (of your choice). Absolutely NO additives or preservatives (Im pretty sure that V8 has additives and preservatives and maybe even corn syrup in it- it's really best to go organic if you dont have your own juicer). Use fresh or bottled organic juices. NO butter or oil. you can use fresh, organic seasoning on your rice and veggies- i usually go with an organic soy sauce or a bit of fresh ginger and curry powder.

On days 8-10 slowly bring your self off the cleanse eating raw foods without heavy processing- yogurt is good for breakfast and spinach salads for lunch. If you want meat- dont go straight to a heavy or fatty cut for dinner...do something light and not cooked in oil...baked fish or baked chicken is better.

This fast is based on a macrobiotic diet and it's designed to rid your bodies of built up toxins deposited from eating highly processed foods. Unlike the Master Cleans there isnt cell break down and regeneration because you're actually eating and not fasting.

#89 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:56 PM

Epsom salts bath halfway through my cleanse=heaven
My back was ALL sorts of knotted up and I was very irritable and cranky because of it...I came out of the tub a new person after a nice long soak. I think it was mayfly who said the salts help draw more toxins out through your skin (and thats what knots are-a bundle of toxins in your muscle tissue).

Massages also do wonders, and using one of those scrub brushes to really exfoliate your skin feels awesome too......think I'm starting this wkend before all my organic lemons go bad!
Very proud of everyone out there ... keep it up! You're gonna feel soooo great when its all over! :woohoo:

#90 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

Yeah I think this weekend I'm going to see if a friend of mine has time in the sched for a nice massage for me. I'm super crampy in my neck and shoulders.
Today my moods have been swingy. I'm super cranky right now and in an hour I could be all :clapping: .... who knows. :funny1:

I'm definately drained w/out iron though...I knew it was a risk, I went through it last time where all I did was sleep and work. Which isn't a bad thing when you're trying to avoid Jill's bad for you snacks in the kitchen :lol:.

I've noticed today I have super human smelling. The girl behind me wears the WORST purfume known to man...certain people smell like the food they ate for dinner...and I feel like I smell like spicy lemons :blush:

So my flushes last all day. Like I flush in the morning and I empty for the rest of the day. :blush: NOT FUN! But its doing its job so I guess I can't complain...but I'm ready to lotion my bum :blush: :blush:

Nice Jami! I sure dont think I'll last to 15 days the way you did but I'll prob do till ten. I wanted to hit a yoga class thursday just before I finish up, but I'm gonna get a kitten instead :smile:
No work for me on Monday so I'm MUCH excited that when its all over I have a day off! :woot:

#91 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,229 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:42 PM

You should try a brown rice (macrobiotic) cleanse.
Juice "fast" day one (with SPECIFIC juices- if youre interested I can look them up in my healthy healing book)
7 days of veggie juice only throughout the day and then an early dinner consisting of 1 cup of brown rice and 2 cups of steamed veggies (of your choice). Absolutely NO additives or preservatives (Im pretty sure that V8 has additives and preservatives and maybe even corn syrup in it- it's really best to go organic if you dont have your own juicer). Use fresh or bottled organic juices. NO butter or oil. you can use fresh, organic seasoning on your rice and veggies- i usually go with an organic soy sauce or a bit of fresh ginger and curry powder.

On days 8-10 slowly bring your self off the cleanse eating raw foods without heavy processing- yogurt is good for breakfast and spinach salads for lunch. If you want meat- dont go straight to a heavy or fatty cut for dinner...do something light and not cooked in oil...baked fish or baked chicken is better.

This fast is based on a macrobiotic diet and it's designed to rid your bodies of built up toxins deposited from eating highly processed foods. Unlike the Master Cleans there isnt cell break down and regeneration because you're actually eating and not fasting.

This I could probably do. Especially since brown rice & veggies ends up being dinner for me from time to time when I dont know what else to cook. I do have a juicer, but being able to use bottled juice during the day at work would be a huge help.

#92 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

I can feel my lungs healing themselves today. Its the same feeling I had every time I stopped smoking cigarettes, but I haven't smoked a cigarette in almost a year.

#93 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:18 PM

Well it's more of eating healthy, avoiding junk foods, Wheatgrass, Vitamins, macrobiotic's, occasionally eating items that are good for the digestive system and help to clean out my colon. There are many things that can be done to help your system out. Just do some research and read up to find out what works best for you.

#94 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

tatum- i am so with you on the cheese fries. and the flush. and the super smelling.

and i am craving a Sheetz egg and cheese on a schmiscuit so bad right now. :lol:
the food cravings come and go- but now they are terrible- :lol:

on the smelling- i can smell EVERYTHING. I go to work and I could never smell the ink from the screen printing- but mark said i reeked of it when i came home- now i can smell it. ugh. all day at work its nasty heated ink smell.

Mark started yesterday and was retching a lot last night- he detoxes somethin' severe....

- day 7! whee! (And i forgot about the epsom salts- i am so buying those in about 10 minutes)
--- i feel good --- food cravings suck.
the weirdest thing - i lost 5 lbs a few days ago- now i seemed to have put 3 lbs back on and i havent lost anything at all. ?? i am not doing this for weight loss- but its odd how nothing is coming off but 2 lbs. fuck! im going through a wave of a lot of detox- wasnt much the last 2 days - today it was crazy.

#95 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

:drool: schmisket! Shut your foul mouth! :lol:
Aww poor Mark...I think he ends up w/ a higher intake of caffeine than you and I do by default in driving chubby ... poor guy :undecided:
Send him hugs and strength for me ok??

DAY 6!!! :woot:
Ok so from here on out is new to me. I stopped at day 5 last time bc my iron was so low and the trip to PA and WV w/ Juggling wasn't so lemonade friendly :lol:
I popped awake at 430, watch the end of a football movie that apparently I'd been dreaming about w/out knowing it :huh:
I was STARVING...and the flush from 11 yesterday was STILL taking effect in my body. Mind you I have a very tempermental belly so I'm not too surprised. I was all gurgley and whatnot.
MY SHOWER WAS HEAVEN! :bliss:
no lie the hot hot water just running over my sore achy skin and bones was amazing.
B- on the weight loss thing, I'm with you, although I weighed myself at 2 different times a day....there was no weight loss difference, but my clothes are bigger and my roundness is totally almost gone. Once I head into South Beach from this it wont be hard to take off that 20 lbs I gained between Sept and now :blush:
My mood was great this morning, I went to bed a little cranky bc I was so hungry but today I feel ready to kick this thing in its ass! My BIGGEST issue is work. People eat all fucking day long at work. :bang: Its one thing for lunch time, but no joke my co workers are pros at eating.
I walked into the kitchen yesterday and smelled each and every microwaved meal that people had made...I could tell you exactly what they ate too. I was right on w/ 5 of my co workers too. They were cracking up at me.
My hearing is insanely sharp today. I swear I heard Terra's phone on vibrate this morning... and she is a floor above me. Crazy how that works. I feel like a mutant.

Well good luck today everyone...I'll check back in periodically as usual :smile:

#96 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,695 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

What is a schmisket? :huh: I'm curious. :lol:

Good job, everybody! :)

#97 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:51 PM

What is a schmisket? :huh: I'm curious. :lol:

Good job, everybody! :)

Ever been to a Sheets?? :huh:
Its like a quick check or wawa, but BETTER!
They have their made to order station, you go up to the little screen and punch in what you want..sheets are mainly in PA and Va I believe.
But they have these breakfast sammiches. :drool:
a Schmiscuit is the buiscit one...you get your meat and cheese and whatever else on a biscuit
DAMN YOU CRAVINGS! :ravn:

#98 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

SHEETZ is the best thing to find on the road... they have EVERYTHING you need

#99 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

I'm NOT a doctor, but I don't think the master cleanse is healthy for women who are pregnant or nursing

#100 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

I'm a doctor, but I don't think the master cleanse is healthy for women who are pregnant or nursing

Doctor, eh? :)