The Master Cleanse!

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#1 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

Andrew and I are gonna try it after the New year...
I need to clean the holiday out of my body :blush:
I know there are a few other boardies that are going to join as well :) We'll keep this thread for the details and commentation :wink:

#2 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 09:36 PM

I'd die. :lol:

I'll root for ya, though! :)

#3 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,818 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

I'd die. :lol:

I'll root for ya, though! :)

I hear ya! I am so impressed with everyone that can do this. I would be curled up on the floor in the fetal position after lunch time the first day. :lol:

#4 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 12:31 AM

:lmao: Just like me! :lol:

#5 musicmomma

musicmomma
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 01:21 AM

i'm in.

#6 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 05:02 PM

Thanks for bringing this over to the new board Tatum...count me in. I cant believe its been over 3 months since I did this already...

#7 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:59 AM

I think im in again too.
I will NOT let stephen thwart me this time!
:lol:

#8 BoggleKng

BoggleKng
  • VibeTribe
  • 906 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:25 AM

So what does the Master Cleanse entail? Fasting for the next 20 days??

#9 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 02 January 2009 - 08:46 PM

its a juice cleanse- ALL your nutrients come from the water, organic lemons, grade b maple syrup and cayenne pepper. minimum is 10 days. some folks on the MC board have done it for over 30. i could never do that- but I hope to do 20 someday. 11 is the longest i went.
its an amazing clarity of thought and being when you get done.
starting this next week-
i'll tell ya - I made new year's festivities count for this one. ha!

for anyone wanting to read the official book of the Master Cleanse- its online for free in PDF form.

http://healthandligh...sterCleanse.pdf

i'm having my last overindulgence of wine and cheese tonight- then the next few days will be spent weaning myself off cigarettes (the MC eliminates cravings for tobacco) slowly..... i should have stayed quit after the first time- but i'm an ass like that.

i love the lemons. it's hard yes- but its a Mr Miyagi for your soul, IMO :)

#10 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:56 PM

starting jan 7th.

anyone else starting this soon?

#11 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

YES I want to start Wed!!!
B~ for the beginings, how to ween off regular food??
I looked through the pdf I had printed already but it only gave me weening off instructions....

Jami~ I was hoping you'd find this :)
you're my inspiration...I'm aiming for 7 days, and hope to do more.
I have a partner this time so that helps!

ok where's mayfly?? We need him...or need to cut and paste his tricks from the old boards :wink:

#12 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:19 PM

my sister (who is a RD - register dietician) made up a 5 day cleanse for me that I will be doing this week (though I have to admit I already cheated when I wat cutting up my cucumbers there were chocolate covered almonds on the counter and I had 1...ok 5 but I am just subtracting them from my almond snack at 3pm)

I don't know if the master cleanse is right for me but I am happy to be doing this fruit and veg based one for a few days

#13 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

I'm aiming to begin towards the end of the week, but not sure with upcoming events that I'll be able to go 11 days like last time. I think I'm gonna aim for 5 and see how I do....

Tatum, you can do the ease-in at whatever level you like...they say to give it 3 days but if you think it'll be too much, I suggest 1 day of fruits and veggies only, then a day of liquids only to prepare your stomach (think fruit smoothies, veggie broth, etc) and if you cant do a whole day of oj (which I found to be the most challenging) I would drink a glass or 2 in the am, and then switch right over to the lemonade because that cayenne pepper really does the trick to curb the appetite. I think the ease-out is way more important in reintroducing food to your body...the ease-in is much more about mental preparation than anything, some people are able to just stop eating and jump right to the lemonade the following day. I just know myself too well to know that would be way too hard, so really its up to you.

I found this website really helpful, in addition to reading the book before I started:
http://themastercleanse.org/

#14 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Jami!
Andrew and I were reading through and I realized it didn't say much about the ease in...I remember I went total cold turkey last time...from everything, and ended up pretty sick by day 2. :blush:
I'd love to avoid that this time around, to decrease the discouraging feelings.

Yeah we uh, made dinner plans for this Sat that we have to break :undecided:
oops!
Reign check for 2 weeks :v:

#15 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:51 PM

don't ask me for weaning advice :lol:
i went big on eating the night before i started both times. i'm veg though- so i didnt have any meat in my system. ive heard that kicks the asses of those going cold turkey with the food. (no pun intended there)
spankins i'm sure i deserve- but i cant deprive myself earlier than i had to. bad me. :lol:

the sick= detox
drink LOTS of water when you feel that way-

im psyched to do it this time... woohoo! im going to push past 10 days if i can.

this time- i think im going to take pictures of myself every day to see if i notice a big difference by the end. (not posting them anywhere- just to have)

wednesday wednesday!
and people- make sure you post your daily entries here!! :)

#16 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:12 PM

Starting Wed too, but since I'm a carnivore :blush: I'm going to do a day of fruits and raw veggies, then a day of broth/oj then Friday I will start w/ the lemonade.
I was so very sick last time really early on and I know its bc I shocked the shit outa my system....
I'm ready for it this time though...7 days is my plan...I can't overshoot or I'll never make it through 3 days :lol:

Tonight we'll hit Whole Foods stock up, then hit it full force :pimp:

#17 SunshineDaydream

SunshineDaydream
  • VibeTribe
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:43 PM

I have a baby shower on Saturday night..its my friend's 1st kid, so her hubby is making a HUGE deal out of it, and they're going to have the most delicious Hispanic food, one of my biggest weaknesses ... ahh decisions decisions on a start day :undecided:

I have all my ingredients, just gotta swing by my mom's to grab the cayenne pepper I left with my bro's when they attempted this right after me...good luck Tatum, Brianne & Andrew! :jamguy:

#18 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

btw Jami that link you posted is EXACTLY what I needed!
thank you!
oh man I'd start AFTER the shower....esp if its food you dont get frequently.

#19 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I have the maple syrup for this and I have a desire to do it...but I keep over-thinking everything. For example, I worry I'll be weak so I won't be able to work out....my friend's wedding is in two weeks and I'm going to the rehearsal dinner AND I'll be drinking. I could put it off but there will always be an excuse. He he he... Maybe March. March will be clear for me. ;)

#20 wabbit

wabbit
  • VibeTribe
  • 785 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:02 PM

WOW, good luck to all of you.. I know that I couldn't do this intensive of a program--

#21 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

- a rule for the master cleanse- try not to do it while celebrating occasions. last year i did it during my birthday. that was stupid. never again. argh:joker:

while i would love to use the giants/eagles game as an excuse i wont. :lol:

as far as feeling weak- no. you feel ucky and tired yeah- but keeping up with the lemonade and water doesn't make you weak.
remember all your essential basic nutrients are included in the ingredients- your body is just detoxing - thats where the shitty feelings come from.

its really not that bad- the only issue i have with it is -more than ANYTHING- psychological and the fact that my body wants to eat at dumb times like when i'm bored, or unable to occupy myself with something else constructive because i want to eat and i really should be painting or cleaning or something like that.
i let my self get sucked in to thinking that food will make me feel better and it doesn't.
you fight with your head a lot. but s a good fight and discipline. :) :jamguy:

im psyched. i got all my lemons and i'm eating everything i can for the next 3 hours to get it all in before tomorrow morning. :lol: mentally-long term preparation is key.

#22 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:58 AM

Tomorrow I'm gonna go out first thing and get myself some fruit and veg's to last the day, gonna eat nothing but that stuff raw and drink a lot of water and decaf green tea.

I'm looking forward to this, I need it. I'm in terrible shape and I feel like total crap right now. I will do 10 days including tomorrow on fruit/veg and the second day of oj/broth

#23 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Raw Food Day 1
so I just had some fruit and a naked antioxident juice.
Skipped coffee this morning and had some green tea.
so far so good, I feel a little like poo, maybe a little cold coming on, so I'm all foggy today.

Will check in later, B GOOD LUCK TODAY! :clapping:
Tell us how it goes

#24 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

YAY!! Thanks for the advice and optimism.

Good job, LIB!

So, I think I have a plan. I'm going to be house-sitting again in March and that will give me even MORE reason to try this cleanse then! I won't be surrounded by other people eating garbage or offering it to me. YAY! I should write this down in my planner. Hahahaha!

#25 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

Good luck to you all! :thumbup:

(I love that Naked antioxidant juice! :))

#26 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:42 PM

(I love that Naked antioxidant juice! :))

I could swim in a vat of it. :drool:

#27 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

I'd like to do this again before I go on vaca...I did it once before but I couldn't make the full ten days, think I made it seven. The second and third day are the HARDEST if I remember correctly.
I REALLY like the idea of a raw food day or two before jumping right in.

I think the hardest thing about it would be not having coffee...can I have black coffee without cream and sugar?? If not I'm sure to have one hell of a headache the first day. :undecided:

#28 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

Tomorrow I'm gonna go out first thing and get myself some fruit and veg's to last the day, gonna eat nothing but that stuff raw and drink a lot of water and decaf green tea.

I'm looking forward to this, I need it. I'm in terrible shape and I feel like total crap right now. I will do 10 days including tomorrow on fruit/veg and the second day of oj/broth

I think I'm going to start when you guys are about 1/2 way through. I wanted to start with you, but Stephen is making the whole big 100hr french stew and he'd kill me if I didnt eat it.

Hopefully I'll go raw/macrobiotic on Saturday and Sunday (light brown rice cleanse) and then full on master cleanse by monday or tuesday....

Keep your fingers crossed for my will power. Stephen isnt very helpful :joker:

#29 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:12 PM

Chach isn't going to be too happy about it, I'm sure...
*sigh*
I'll have to convince him it's not a crazy diet thing...it's a cleaning out your body thing.

#30 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

I could swim in a vat of it. :drool:

:lol:

#31 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:34 PM

Chach isn't going to be too happy about it, I'm sure...
*sigh*
I'll have to convince him it's not a crazy diet thing...it's a cleaning out your body thing.

When you figure out how to do that, let me know so I can pass along the information :rolleyes:

DETOX DETOX DETOX!

#32 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:59 PM

I'd like to do this again before I go on vaca...I did it once before but I couldn't make the full ten days, think I made it seven. The second and third day are the HARDEST if I remember correctly.
I REALLY like the idea of a raw food day or two before jumping right in.

I think the hardest thing about it would be not having coffee...can I have black coffee without cream and sugar?? If not I'm sure to have one hell of a headache the first day. :undecided:

no coffee honey. its a detox, and caffeine is a chemical that you're trying to rid your body from.
I have a VERY hard time with this, so I drink Green Tea, there's just enough (like a fraction) caffeine in it to keep my migranes at bay...
I went 5 days w/ no coffee, you know me well enough to know this NEVER happens.
I remember in the old thread that mayfly or someone suggested green tea, or maybe it was on a site that I was reading, Ter has some Master Cleanse message boards that were helpful, people who do this frequently and can answer so many odd questions.

#33 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

Yikes this is gonna be hard. I'll definately have to get some green tea to keep my headaches away, and for everyone else's sake around me so I don't turn into a raging bitch!

#34 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:39 PM

Yikes this is gonna be hard. I'll definately have to get some green tea to keep my headaches away, and for everyone else's sake around me so I don't turn into a raging bitch!

yeah I'm NOT FUN at work during Cleanse time.
I told my coworkers and they were all ... "awesome :rolleyes:"
:blush:

#35 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Just got home with a whole bunch of fruit, veg's and juices.

so it begins...

#36 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

What I have learned so far today:

Pomegranate Juice is Drano for humans

#37 twilight dancer

twilight dancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 962 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:22 PM

day 1 so far-
doing ok without coffee- i didn't make any stupid mistakes at work, a little tired-
sticking to paying attention to my food triggers and dealing with the energy of it at the same time- i feel so happy to be on this again- it helps when you psych yourself up -a lot ive noticed.

MC folks- check this board out- it has AWESOME support and answers- these folks were my support the first time i did it- and its a good no BS forum. :)

http://www.mastercle...forum/index.php

#38 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:32 PM

:huh: :lol:

#39 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 09:54 PM

:huh:
HOT.

#40 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

I'm SOOO glad I kicked my caffeine habit months ago...

one of the students moms brought in a spread of food for all the teachers and other students tonight consisting of lasagna and cake!!!

WHY TODAY!!!

its in the next room from mine and I can smell it now

Good thing I brought myself plenty of fruit and veg's to work

#41 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:32 PM

I hear ya! I am so impressed with everyone that can do this. I would be curled up on the floor in the fetal position after lunch time the first day. :lol:

me too. :eek:
I was telling my chiropractor about this cleanse and he was horrified (in a good way, he said it sounded disgusting :lol:). He does cleanses but he uses some other program.

good luck everyone!

#42 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

Day 2 liquid ween (hmm great band name!)
Woke up today w/out caffeine cravings, thats definately a first.
I have a better state of mind, and it was a bit easier to get up today. (AMAZING)

Hit whole foods last night to get all the lemons and syrup and whatnot and man did I want to dive face first into the pre cooked roast beef :ravn:

I didn't. I did good on my raw foods/juice day.
I'm ready for today, and I'm more ready for tomorrow to start cleansing for realz. :smile:

GOOD JOB being strong Andrew! I know your love for Italian food :drool:
We'll reward ourselves (healthily) when the cleanse is over :wink:

#43 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

Ok I talked to Chach about it last night and his reaction wasn't as bad as I thought. Once he realized the detox meant I wouldn't be eating anything he was concerned, but I'm going to show him the pdf to ease his mind a lil bit.

I've decided to do raw foods/juice tomorrow, and start the full deal on Saturday. If I can make it to the following Saturday, I'll be quite pleased with myself!
I know the minimum is supposed to be 10 days, but I'd really like to get my stomach used to normal food by the 20th. 8 days is better than nothin, right?
1 day raw food, 8 days cleanse, 2 days to wean back into food.

Good Job Andrew for not partaking in that lasagna and cake! :clapping:

#44 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:01 PM

Jojo, I will be starting on Sunday, so we can ride it out together.
I really wanted to start earlier, but stephen's french stew and dinner with Chrispaul and karen called me in a different direction. :lol:

#45 Jojo

Jojo
  • VibeTribe
  • 153 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:26 PM

I really could have started the raw food today, but I felt the need to have a "last supper" so to speak. :lol:

That stew sounds lovely, enjoy it! Is that Friday, Sat? Are you doing an "ease in" as well??

#46 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

Jojo, I will be starting on Sunday, so we can ride it out together.
I really wanted to start earlier, but stephen's french stew and dinner with Chrispaul and karen called me in a different direction. :lol:

yeah we canceled on them bc we wanted to start the cleanse earlier. :undecided:

#47 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:38 PM

Question: Can you drink too much green tea?? :huh:
its keeping me warm today, and honestly I love the flavor....
I'm on my 3rd cup :blush:
too much??

#48 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:43 PM

errrrm Im not sure.

Though I do know, anything in excess is not good.

#49 lost-in-boston

lost-in-boston
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

I'm sure its not too terrible. (I hope)
antioxidents, metabolism quickener, and hot water :funny1:

Uh, Andrew you're the king of Green Tea, whatchoo think?? :huh:

#50 TexasSnowmonkey

TexasSnowmonkey
  • VibeTribe
  • 738 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:14 PM

Green Tea only has about 30mg of caffeine, compared to coffee which has about 100mg, (unless you're drinking Brianne's coffee which has about 500mg)

Caffeine is one of the toxins we are trying to get rid of so you should keep it to a minimal amount. Maybe you should get some decaf Green Tea like I drink every day.