Photo
- - - - -

Trying to quit Benzos after 9 years of scripts for them. Also quitting alcohol.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 03:43 AM

I dont really know what it will be like stopping Ativan. I've taken them everyone night (2 mg) since early 2003. I used to take 4 mg then 3 mg now just the 2 mg.

Anyone have experience with quitting Benzos, any advice.

I'm also trying to quit alcohol. Went all Summer without alcohol last year. I did pretty well with it, didnt cheat. Gonna try to make it to Summer and see. Might drink at Strangecreek or Vibes. Cant really say.
I have the capability to just have one or 2 beers. I had a lot of rum on Saturday and I'm embrassed to say that I passed out early on my friends.

1.14.2012 That's the last time I had alcohol. Hoping it's the last for a long time. I'm on a lot of medication so I shouldnt be drinking. I'm also trying ween myself from those medications.

Ativan
Wellbutrin
Efexor
Lithium
Zyprexa
Amantadene
Glyburide/metformin
Simvastatin

Ideally I'd be done at some point with all but lithium.

#2 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

One day at a time. Are you doing this with a doctor coaching, or is this a solo project?

#3 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,917 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:27 AM

One day at a time. Are you doing this with a doctor coaching, or is this a solo project?

Hi Sarah,

I see a really skilled and experienced nurse practioner. She is going to be advising me.

#4 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

Have nothing but well wishes:heart:

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,585 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

One day at a time Royal!

No direct experience with getting off benzos, but from my indirect experience, stepping down slowly as you've been doing is the way to go.

:smile:

#6 jnjn

jnjn
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,739 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:35 PM

One day at a time Royal!

No direct experience with getting off benzos, but from my indirect experience, stepping down slowly as you've been doing is the way to go.

:smile:

this!

all the best to you, ryan :)

#7 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

coming off benzos is really dangerous...and hard...be careful and dont do it alone :heart:
if you have any questions im practically an expert :lol:

#8 bigtoddy

bigtoddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

No booze is a great policy. There's plenty of other fun stuff to addle your brain with. I'm a 3-4 times a year drinker now, myself. When I do, stand back.