• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:06 PM

Anybody got one ? My sponsor thinks it's crazy to go to the vibes. But, I think I'm gonna be okay.

#2 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:08 PM

Sorry, that should read SOBRIETY PLAN .

#3 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,034 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

Last night at my home group, as soon as I sat down somebody asked me if I was going. He said he was going on Saturday to see Levon. Another guy told me he's going to see Keller. Last year during Phil I ran into two other guys from my home group. We are everywhere.

My plan is to have my phone with me and to hook up with the Wharf Rats. Other than that, drink lots of water and enjoy the music.

#4 Stoo

Stoo
  • VibeTribe
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:33 AM

You've gotta do more than "think" you're gonna be ok. If there is a doubt - you need to pass.

I have to spend more time on my recovery while at a festival than if I am not at a festival. (FWIW - I do 7 meetings a week even after 2 years cause I NEED to) You CAN'T hang with buds that are drinkin/drugin and expect to stay sober. You need to be with like minded people who respect and encourage your sobriety. I just came back from Rothbury and did 2 meetings a day, and hung with friends that know I am in recovery. Without me asking - they gave me the biggest gift of all - THEY DIDN'T DRINK OR DRUG the entire weekend to support my sobriety.

When I am at a festival, I do the 'Rats, read my BB for a bit, and hit my knees and ask my HP to give me the ability to see past the insanity and enjoy the music.

If you have a good solid foundation in sobriety - go. If not - don't push your luck. This is life and death stuff...

#5 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:10 AM

For a festival, the general plan is to hook up with the wharf rats asap. Find some people you can connect with and hang with them. A lot. Camp with them, even if you have to carry your tent across the festival with their help. Hang with them at the concert field, and be available to help others if they need some company during a rough spell.
That's my plan. Works for me. I'll be there. Look for me. DougT

#6 Stoo

Stoo
  • VibeTribe
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

WERD

#7 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:57 AM

Thanks everybody. I am taking all advice to heart. I am going to be in family camping. I have a black Ranger and will have a yellow balloon or streamers flying from an old fishing pole. Please feel welcome to stop on by and say hello!

#8 diggrd

diggrd
  • VibeTribe
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:41 PM

Will be nearby in Handicamped or VIP will try to connect. Look for a real tall guy that looks like my avatar

#9 altheasmama

altheasmama
  • VibeTribe
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

one day at a time - my sobriety plan is not to use today :rose:

#10 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,034 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:37 AM

one day at a time - my sobriety plan is not to use today :rose:

Best. Plan. Ever.

#11 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,034 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 26 July 2009 - 03:38 AM

Thanks everybody. I am taking all advice to heart. I am going to be in family camping. I have a black Ranger and will have a yellow balloon or streamers flying from an old fishing pole. Please feel welcome to stop on by and say hello!

Hey George, it was nice to meet you!

#12 SpeedwayBoogie

SpeedwayBoogie
  • VibeTribe
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:44 PM

George, it was great to see you! How was THAT for a sobriety plan?? What a blast! Hanging with the best people ever. Lovin life.
Posted via Mobile Device Powered By Terrapin

#13 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 380 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

Thank You Wharf Rats!!!