42 replies to this topic

#1 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,869 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:35 AM

<cite> By Robert T. Gonzalez</cite>

Until 2009, the human clitoris was an absolute mystery

Posted ImageHumans have been studying one another sexually for thousands upon thousands of years. Yet for all that time spent diligently exploring one another's anatomies, there remain many features of the human form that, until very recently, have gone uncharted — chief among them being the clitoris.
How recently are we talking? Try 2009. Yeah. Get ready, everybody — it's time you were brought up to speed on some important features of the female anatomy.
Picture a clitoris in your mind. Got it? Now, what if I told you that what you're imagining is just the tip of a much larger, internal clitoral iceberg — that the clitoris is actually much, much larger than what this sensitive bundle of nerve endings would lead you to believe?
Here's a helpful sketch to help you paint a safe-for-work, anatomically correct picture of what I'm talking about, along with a brief description. Both are provided courtesy of Ms. M, who heads things up over on MoSex, official blog of the Museum of Sex:
Posted Image

The scientific name for the external "little button" or "bulb" [of the clitoris] is glans. Not to be confused with glands, glans simply refers to a small circular mass. This little structure contains approximately 8,000 sensory nerve fibers; more than anywhere else in the human body and nearly twice the amount found on the head of a penis… The fact is, though, that most of the clitoris is subterranean, consisting of two corpora cavernosa (corpus cavernosum when referring to the structure as a whole), two crura (crus when referring to the structure as a whole), and the clitoral vestibules or bulbs.
The glans is connected to the body or shaft of the internal clitoris, which is made up of two corpora cavernosa. When erect, the corpora cavernosa encompass the vagina on either side, as if they were wrapping around it giving it a big hug!
The corpus cavernosum also extends further, bifurcating again to form the two crura. These two legs extend up to 9cm, pointing toward the thighs when at rest, and stretching back toward the spine when erect.

Surprised? So was I. Granted, I'm also a guy — so I would never pretend to be as familiar with a clitoris as someone who physically possesses one — but according to Ms. M, news that the vast majority of the clitoris is actually internal will still likely come as a surprise to many women.
The reasons for this lack of understanding surrounding clitoral anatomy are many, but according to a paper published by Urologist Helen O'Connell in 2005, there are at least two big ones:
1) Incomplete or inaccurate textbook descriptions. Many only go so far as to describe the relatively small, external portion of the clitoris, or depict the internal anatomy with a single, two-dimensional picture. This planar view, states O'Connell, provides insufficient information to truly understand its structure.
2) Nobody knew about the full anatomical scope of the excited clitoris until the late 1990s, when researchers finally got around to using MRI to study its internal structure "in the live state" (a tool researchers had used to examine male sexual anatomy as far back as the 1970s).
Posted ImageIn fact, according to Ms. M, it wasn't until 2009 that researchers Odile Buisson and Pierre Fold

#2 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:09 AM

...the only mystery here is how long will the man in the boat sail in the family forum...

#3 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:29 PM

What are these clitoral and vaginal orgasms you speak of? They don't sound very relevant to me. :funny1:

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

:eek:

#5 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:23 PM

:funny1:

#6 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm so glan!

#7 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,869 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:06 PM

...the only mystery here is how long will the man in the boat sail in the family forum...

Hmmm, I was surprised at the move. Not that I care.

Maybe it was the title of the article that was too provocative? :huh:

#8 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,046 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

I think the move was appropriate to the board operator's filing schema.

Now, on to more important topics: do the Giants hav a chance against the 49ers, and what's for dinner?

#9 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,869 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Now, on to more important topics: do the Giants hav a chance against the 49ers, and what's for dinner?

Move it to the Sports forum, brah

(myself I think anatomical discussions are also fine to be filed in Family (for example if that was the first sonographic representation of the heart), but this is not a complaint.... just a :huh: )

#10 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,761 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:34 AM

...well to some vagina is a sport...like fishing... I was hoping that this thread would last in the family forum for shots and giggles..maybe this thread can be moved to mantown...so that some get an education.....

#11 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:34 PM

Posted Image

#12 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

#13 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,550 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:28 PM

sadly, it's still a mystery to some men

#14 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,711 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

in "our" defense, no one clit is remotely the same.... some are less difficult to figure out, what works, what doesnt... others, it's friggin Rubiks Cube that refuses to align.

Some are ~right out there~ ready , accessible.

Others, hidden, buried and troublesome even to the most patient.

I have a date tonight with a sweet cup of hot chocolate, and I warned her that I fully expected to have my neck broken. :huh:

*hopefully not by her ex boyfriend.

#15 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,306 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

:crazy:

#16 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

I have a date tonight with a sweet cup of hot chocolate...

Huh. I wasn't aware that we were in Saigon...

:carla:

Have fun!

#17 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Oh and...

Never understood this. Few things are as much fun as watching, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling a woman, um, coming completely unglued.

:mrgreen:

#18 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,711 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Huh. I wasn't aware that we were in Saigon...

:carla:

Have fun!

Nah, she's from Roxbury. :lol:

#19 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

How'd it go UC? :devil:

#20 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,711 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

oh it was fun... it was not like a blind date or a brand new thing... she's a sweetie that I get out with once in a while... I am fairly certain I am reserved for revenge dates when she's pissed at her whatever.

#21 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,390 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:47 PM

:clapping:

bootycalled'd.

Nothing better than that.

#22 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:58 PM

Nah, she's from Roxbury. :lol:

#23 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,550 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

bootycalled'd.

Nothing better than that.

True love along with amazing sex might be better than that :smile:

#24 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,550 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:41 AM

Oh and...

Never understood this. Few things are as much fun as watching, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling a woman, um, coming completely unglued.

:mrgreen:

:shower:

#25 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,711 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

Posted Image

#26 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

Thats h0t
:heartflag:

#27 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

in "our" defense, no one clit is remotely the same.... some are less difficult to figure out, what works, what doesnt... others, it's friggin Rubiks Cube that refuses to align. Some are ~right out there~ ready , accessible. Others, hidden, buried and troublesome even to the most patient..

I find you need the right combination of clitoral stimulation and stimulation of other parts. After you have moistened much of the area with your mouth and you're headed for the clit, take two well lubed thumbs and place them on the flat area between the clitoris and the first hole, between the labia minora and move in small outer circles all wax on wax off like, just nipping the bottom of the clit as you round the top of your circles. Your actual clit tongue work won't need to be so fussy. And for christsake pinch the nipples once in a while, but keep one thumb in place. With the rest of your hands (you're only using two thumbs so far) massage the inner thighs, harder depending on how much she's pushing against you, and if you want, swing them around so her bum is cupped in your hands, thumbs still in gentle but firm motion. Tongues vary in their texture and feel, so I won't go into the actual clit licking per se- that's personal- I'm just glad my tongue is lush and very feminine. Seems to crack all the, um, nuts.

We have keys to the hidden room all over our bodies.

#28 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:33 AM

take two well lubed thumbs and place them on the flat area between the clitoris and the first hole, between the labia minora and move in small outer circles all wax on wax off like, just nipping the bottom of the clit as you round the top of your circles.

:dlr:
:dankk2:

#29 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,805 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:43 PM

:dlr: indeed :lol:

I'll tell you that aspect of life is... interesting/challenging... when you don't have full use of lots of limbs :lol:

requires creativity :bowl:

#30 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

just trying to help some brahs out. :lol:

#31 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

ew I can't believe I just said that.

#32 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,805 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

:lmao:

#33 Jack Straw

Jack Straw
  • VibeTribe
  • 494 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:19 AM

Eh, it's not much of a mystery if you're a cunning linguist like me. :P

#34 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

Well??? Did anyone try it? :tapfoot:

#35 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:50 PM

:lol:

#36 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Been too busy playing Scrabble.

Soon though.

Have I mentioned that few things are as much fun as watching, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling a woman, um, coming completely unglued?

#37 tyedyedee

tyedyedee

uniquely dee

• VibeTribe
  • 8,496 posts
  • Locationboston-ish

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

um, wit, dearie...your "map" may not be the same as other um, "maps"...:wink:
although there ARE some good pointers in there :devil:

and tim, its just as fun from our point of view :blush:

#38 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,880 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

It will be quite some time I'm afraid. :plain:

#39 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

and tim, its just as fun from our point of view :blush:

That's the impression I get, yep. :funny1:

#40 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,550 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Is it warm in here?

It's warm in here, isn't it?

#41 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:00 PM

It's warm in here.

It is.

Have I mentioned that nothing is as much fun as watching, hearing, tasting, smelling, feeling a woman whom you adore and cherish, um, coming completely unglued?

#42 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

...take two well lubed thumbs...And for christsake pinch the nipples once in a while, but keep one thumb in place...(you're only using two thumbs so far)

Dear Witty,

Thank you for your column about finding the hidden room. It brought up a couple of questions for me though.

Once I have the axle grease on my thumbs, I find it difficult to really get a good grasp on "the nipples." Not only that, but I always seem to end up with grease all over my pecs from the grasping, the grease is hard to wash out of my chest hair, and I'm not sure how any of this helps my lady friend. Is this where the third thumb comes in? And if I only have two, will the hidden room be forever locked to me?

Thanks in advance for clarifying,

Greasy Teat Pete in CT

#43 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,369 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:02 PM

True love along with amazing sex might be better than that :smile:

Maybe©...

:blush: