orange neighborhood kitty

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

We have an orange and white cat in our neighborhood.. he doesn't have a collar but I'm pretty sure he lives a few houses down the block and is an indoor/outdoor kitty. We saw him a lot this summer but haven't seen him since the weather got cold. On Friday night, it was rather warm outside, and when I got home he was on the sidewalk in front of my house!! I whistled for him and he came trotting down the block to greet me at my car. I opened the car door and he ran right over for some ear scratches, and then he hopped into the wheel well of the driver's side. Heart melted!! I coaxed him out and then started unloading groceries from the trunk. He followed me up the stairs to my front door, talking to me the whole time. I opened the front door and he pushed his way onto the front porch! *dies* I told him I'm sorry, but other kitties live here and they wouldn't appreciate the intrusion... and sent him on his way. Once I got all of the groceries inside I looked out the front door and he was still standing there, looking in! But then one of my cats came to the door and neighborhood cat got all hissy and ran away.

Fast forward a few hours to diddy's birthday gathering. Some of us were hanging out in the backyard (fenced in) when I spotted movement from the corner of my eye. I thought someone was looking at us from behind the fence.... and then out jumps neighborhood kitty! He scaled this 8 foot fence to join in on the festivities. He was strutting around for the houseguests... we noticedthat he has a striped orange tail, like a racoon. Such a handsome boy. He got a little lovin from a few people, then put on an acrobatic show in the trees. Such an impressive feine specimin.

Breaks my heart that I can't invite him in, feed him and give him a place to sleep. I'm pretty sure he already has a family that loves him... but I love him too! *sigh* (((((((neighborhood kitty))))))))

#2 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,421 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

aw. the orange ones in particular pull at my heart strings :) :heart:

#3 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:58 PM

orange kitties are the bestest! :) nothing wrong with being the favorite aunt. :wink:

#4 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

An ex-girlfriend had an orange cat who was a love. Also a fav orange was Ginger my best friends parents cat. I will admit the sight of an orange kitten is stunning:thumbsup: