Gangland

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:22 PM

anyone watch this show? I see it every now and then on tv but I started renting the series, damn what a great show! I mean its not all about how gangs are bad, but more so how sneaky and organized they are.

In one episode about the Mexican Mafia, the mafia leaders released from jail contacted over 11,000 gang leaders in California and scheduled a meeting at a park where they organized a "football" game, so the police wouldn't break it up.The police after viewing the video figured it out because no one was cheering for the game, but the meeting was going on around the game, where the mafia convinced all the leaders to hand over a tax from then on to them. the leaders of the mafia then went out and killed a leader who wouldn't comply JUST to go back into prison and collect the money.

1 mafia leader made 600,000 a year for 20 years while behind bars, put 4 kids threw college. Crazy shit.

each episode is about a different gang.

#2 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

I have seen almost every episode. American Gangster on BET is also top notch if you like this kind of show

#3 HABIT

HABIT
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:39 PM

American Gangster on BET is also top notch if you like this kind of show

I've caught bits and pieces of it, but being Caucasian I hardly ever pay attention to BET there programming sucks and I can only tolerate so many Grillz! I'll have to catch it when it comes out on DVD.

Posted Image

#4 mayfly

mayfly
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

most of the motorcycle clubs featured on Gangland are on youtube to watch - the Philly based Breed MC is cwazy brutal for such a small club, and apparently back on the rise...