ADVICE WELCOME!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hez

Hez
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:40 PM

I am at a loss for ideas for bridal party gifts. I was thinking of just buying each of them something I think they would like, then I thought jewlery to wear, but I kind of wanted to make it a bit more personal, and I tried looking for jewelry online but came up with nothing I liked. any suggestions for sites with cool jewelry? or other ideas welcomed.

thanks ladies!

#2 reveur

reveur
  • VibeTribe
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

etsy? probably what i'm doing for my girls.

#3 moonstone

moonstone
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:50 AM

I think I am going to make a shirt for each girl - with say a picture of them and i on it. Okay, for my friend Lorelei she was written up at UVM in an article about her trying to save the world. So it will say something like "Saving the world" on the back. My other friend who likes to have a good time "Parties Well With Others" JUST A THOUGHT.

or I could give them something lame like a bag with their initials on it. that is what my sister will like. She is more traditional.

but my friends what something FUN and meaningful. :dance:

oh and I'll give them some jewelry that I make for them. Again sis probably won't want that. but that is fine. she is my sister and i love her and i'll get her something she will love too. :heart:

#4 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:35 AM

for our officiant we got him opera tickets.

#5 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:28 PM

etsy.com

#6 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 04:16 PM

For my friend Emily's wedding, she made us all lunch boxes......now let me explain.

She bought vintage lunch boxes for each of us (the awesome old tin kinds that we had when we were kids). She decorated the inside of them with stuff that was meaningful to our friendships- a little collage of pictures and words and stuff on the inside of the lids....and then she filled them with different things.

Mine was a Supergirl lunch box. The inside was painted glitter pink and there was a picture of the two of us glued to it- and a love note written with a black sharpie. Inside it had a silver flask engraved with "Terrapin" (my knickname in highschool) matching earings and a necklace she made, a Camp Dudley decal and some powder puff girls stuff. :) I think a lot of thought went into it :)

#7 Hez

Hez
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

For my friend Emily's wedding, she made us all lunch boxes......now let me explain.

She bought vintage lunch boxes for each of us (the awesome old tin kinds that we had when we were kids). She decorated the inside of them with stuff that was meaningful to our friendships- a little collage of pictures and words and stuff on the inside of the lids....and then she filled them with different things.

Mine was a Supergirl lunch box. The inside was painted glitter pink and there was a picture of the two of us glued to it- and a love note written with a black sharpie. Inside it had a silver flask engraved with "Terrapin" (my knickname in highschool) matching earings and a necklace she made, a Camp Dudley decal and some powder puff girls stuff. :) I think a lot of thought went into it :)

Oooh I lOVE this idea!!! thanks!

#8 jamiebear

jamiebear
  • VibeTribe
  • 837 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:58 PM

hez i saw a bach party on the train the other day and they all had these sport type hoodies that said "Team______"(last name to be)
and they had sweat bands on
sooooooooooooooooooo cute!

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:28 AM

If you go for jewelry, I would recommend having one of the talented boardie
jewelers custom create a piece for each of the members of your bridal party.

#10 Spiderweb

Spiderweb
  • VibeTribe
  • 335 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Agreed, I would suggest Tyedyedee. I get compliments on her stuff all the time

#11 reveur

reveur
  • VibeTribe
  • 779 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:14 AM

Agreed, I would suggest Tyedyedee. I get compliments on her stuff all the time

seconded. sean rte got me a bracelet of hers for xmas one year and its beautiful and pretty much goes with everything.

#12 Hez

Hez
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:51 PM

Great idea!!!

#13 Hez

Hez
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

hez i saw a bach party on the train the other day and they all had these sport type hoodies that said "Team______"(last name to be)
and they had sweat bands on
sooooooooooooooooooo cute!

This sounds cute jamie, thanks!!!

#14 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,319 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 02:35 PM

i did a mix of same-ish gifts and personalized things.

i got my girls jewelry for the day of (which i know some wear still, but figured they really didn't need to pay out of pocket for themselves) and a few other things i knew they'd want/need for that day (feather boas for dancing, a pretty pin for their wraps) plus some good chocolate and other yummies.

then, i got a girly monogrammed leather brown and pink poker chip set for Jaz, my friend who hosts all our game nights and get-togethers and who planned my bachelorette party, and an awesome 3 foot mummy candy holder/halloween decoration for my uber-alternative maid of honor that i knew she'd love (she's big into halloween and my wedding was around that time - but she kept it out year-round :lol: ) and little gifts for my nieces who were also bridesmaids.

i wanted to help cut down on costs for things i figured they'd never re-use after the wedding day, and then give them things i knew they'd like and definitely use as their 'main' gifts. if they're planning on having their hair or makeup done professionally for the day, maybe a gift cert for that, or a group mani/pedi at the local spa, something like that?

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 02:22 AM

For my girl we had Roseforest colaborate and paint a family portrait for her.
For our officiant, who happens to be like family, we had a walking/spirit stick hand carved and burned personally for him.
For his boy he his fraternity nickname put on an herb grinder :lol:

Do you have talented friends? That is where I would first look. Keep it in the family, that is as personal as you can get. And if not, Etsy is a wonderful place for personal items.
~Good luck