Registering for gifts

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 moonstone

moonstone
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:04 AM

My fiance wanted no part in this, so I did it alone. Now all of a sudden he is interested.

"What, $400 for a pots and pan set? I already have the same thing. $300 knife set? 12 towels?"

Our wedding is the time to get quality goods that will last a long, long time. Why does he all of a sudden care after I've done all the work? :huh:

#2 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

As much as guys pretend they don't care, they really do. They are strange indeed.

#3 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:19 PM

diddy was more excited to register than i was :)

maybe he can register for some gifts HE cares about... not to gender-generalize, but stuff like tools, video games, music, etc... whatever he likes!

#4 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:31 PM

As much as guys pretend they don't care, they really do. They are strange indeed.

this.

same with wedding planning in general...it's amazing what they suddenly discover they DO care about when it's time to make decisions! i think the same gene that won't allow them to ask for directions also tells them to say "just pick whatever you like" the first time you ask for their opinion.

#5 Hez

Hez
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:37 PM

Tim and I went together and started the registries, it was fun once we started bleeping stuff (using this gun thingie to add things to the registry in the store) what was slightly annoying was the "sit down" with the registry folks before we could start the fun shopping part... but you get free stuff!!!:jamguy:

Then I went home and tweaked the registry online :funny1:

but kept the stuff he wanted....so we now own a deep fryer :lol:

#6 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

The only thing I'm in a pickle about for registering for anything...we don't need anything, and the stuff we do need, like some new furniture, fridge, etc., is stuff you don't really register for. :lol: Plus, Rich has a point...if we aren't doing a big wedding, we can't really register for lots of stuff. I dunno. Hmph!

#7 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:35 PM

totally posted that in the wrong thread :lol:

#8 SunshineDrummer

SunshineDrummer

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 12,163 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

My fiance wanted no part in this, so I did it alone. Now all of a sudden he is interested.

"What, $400 for a pots and pan set? I already have the same thing. $300 knife set? 12 towels?"

Our wedding is the time to get quality goods that will last a long, long time. Why does he all of a sudden care after I've done all the work? :huh:

Tell him to shush since this is stuff that other people will be giving you. He's not the one who has to pay for it. :lol:

I remember when we registered & the only thing Chris was really interested in seeing was china and stemware and he helped pick out bed & bath stuff since we were in the middle of redecorating the bedroom & upstrairs bath and I asked for his help. Beyond that, he really didn't care and preferred to be left out of it. I already had stuff (had my own apartment) but most of my kitchenware was castoffs from my mom and some other inexpensive mismatched things. I upgraded everything to what I really wanted. Not crazy expensive top of the line, but much better quality than what I had.

#9 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:39 PM

The only thing I'm in a pickle about for registering for anything...we don't need anything, and the stuff we do need, like some new furniture, fridge, etc., is stuff you don't really register for. :lol: Plus, Rich has a point...if we aren't doing a big wedding, we can't really register for lots of stuff. I dunno. Hmph!

we didn't register either b/c we didn't need anything, and we told everyone we didn't want anything when they asked.
but now that you have a new house you may want to get all new towels and stuff for your bathroom(s), and stuff for your spare bedroom, etc.

people gave us stuff anyway, a lot of cool artwork, wine, and money. you might as well register for stuff you know you want/need.

#10 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

Or a kickass honeymoon! :funny1: :bliss:

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,681 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:59 PM

(but yes, you do have a point. I'd like to eventually redo the bathroom).

#12 reveur

reveur
  • VibeTribe
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:19 AM

we said we didn't need anything else when we got engaged (nowhere to put it) but now we'd really love to have a nice stand mixer. he processes a lot of our own meats and having one would only make it easier (meats for him and I'd love to explore breads)...

and we'd like a nice new knife or two... :lol:

#13 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

The first thing I beeped was the big counter-top Kitchen Aid stand mixer. In black. Oh yeah. I'm gonna make SO MANY THINGS WITH IT.

But first I need a new kitchen into which it will fit.

I can't seem to find the new kitchen on either of our registries. Hrmph.

#14 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 03:47 AM

as long as you name it sir-mix-a-lot.... who cares? :D

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 02:35 AM

Or a kickass honeymoon! :funny1: :bliss:

I was gonna say, money is always king.

I don't like the whole registering of gifts thing. I don't know why....It makes perfect sense to do it, it just doesn't set well with me. I will never buy anything off of a registry either. I do have good reasons for that one though.

IDK

I'm weird.

A kick ass honeymoon was all we needed too. :v::jamguy:

#16 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,881 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

i had fun registering, but i agree w/ you, wende. something doesn't feel right about making a list of presents we expect people to buy for us. but whatever, my family WANTS to buy us things, so.... i am going along with it.

but the scanny gun thing is UNDENIABLY awesome :D

#17 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,562 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 08:43 PM

I can't seem to find the new kitchen on either of our registries. Hrmph.

I think that falls under the category of cash and gift cards to home depot :wink: