New Years Resolution suggestions for Peacefrog PFFTA

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:05 PM

I suggest Peacefrog should resolve to try and focus more of his time/energy in a positive manner for 2012.

The one thing I can't stand about politics is smear campaigning. Instead of a candidate focusing on the benefits of their own campaign, they focus on the negatives of another candidate's.

We get that you don't like Ron Paul and his libertarian ideals. You don't need to "start another thread" to drive home your position furthur. It would appear that 95% of your posting activity on the forums these days is to put down Ron Paul and his supporters. Your efforts in doing such are borderline OCD. We all know how to use google, I'm sure most of us read multiple new websites daily, you really don't need to regurgitate all the Ron Paul smearing going on in mainstream media. You're not putting forth information that isn't well known in doing what you do.

How about instead of being the 24/7 Ron Paul smear campaigner on the boards, you get behind another candidate who shares your ideals and prop up why they are a good choice?

Focus on something positive for 2012 dude. Your shtick is old, tired and really makes you look like a dark and negative person. Hence, why many consider you a troll and your opinions about as irrelevant as your view of Ron Paul's campaign. Your shtick brings the lulz, but does nothing to move debates in a positive direction.

Be more positive in 2012. Focus on the good of someone instead of the negatives of another.

peace:heart:

#2 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:33 AM

I appreciate your concern.

There are no good candidates in 2012... not a single one. There's only bad and worse.

I think I feel compelled to post my reasons for disliking Ron Paul because before doing so I was accused of not knowing what I'm talking about.

The reason this guy has no chance of winning is because he has crazy ideas. There is no media conspiracy, and the straw polls are rigged. I just wanted to illustrate that in a clear way for the nonbelievers.

#3 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

oh, and another thing I've noticed is that people like to savor negativity around here.

you post something positive and it sinks like a stone. You offend somebody and the shit lingers for days on end.

You can't blame just me for a thread. I'm not the only one posting to myself over and over again.

#4 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,981 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

I hate to state this but...pf's not doing anything different than quite a few folks have been doing for some years now.

It's kinda funny to see how some folks don't like the taste of their own medicine.

If any changes pf may need to do is maybe keep his thoughts on rp within the same threads vice starting new ones each time.

#5 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

thanks JT

I will try to do that from now on. The reason I made different ones is because each one becomes nothing but insults and foolishness, and I am trying to have a serious discussion. I don't take racism lightly, nor do I take it lightly when someone threatens to remove the rights that unions have fought for over the past couple hundred years.

#6 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,525 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:37 AM

I hate to state this but...pf's not doing anything different than quite a few folks have been doing for some years now.

It's kinda funny to see how some folks don't like the taste of their own medicine.

If any changes pf may need to do is maybe keep his thoughts on rp within the same threads vice starting new ones each time.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,448 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Don't hold back now. Let's name the names and state the feelings.

:coffee:

#8 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

You know what I think of Ron Paul?

I think he's a rotten piece of shit and he stinks.

I've been waiting years to tell that to Joker when he wouldn't admit who he voted for. He was afraid to, because he was afraid of what is happening right now. His beloved messiah is being exposed for the complete moron that he is.

I've known about Ron Paul for years now. I guess I fooled yas into thinking I didn't. I just didn't want to come out and say how I felt because that's no way to start off a debate.

#9 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,225 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

I just noticed there are new smilies. This one is spelled wrong...:whorship: whorship. :funny1:

#10 Java Time

Java Time
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,981 posts
  • Locationthe Island

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

Don't hold back now. Let's name the names and state the feelings.

:coffee:

I don't think that's really necessary...I think folks can draw their own conclusions that have been here on the boards for a spell...and the noobs should be able to draw their their own conclusions without any predisposed prejudices...besides you never know...a couple of em may even chime in themselves:dunno:

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that though...

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,448 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:35 AM

I chimed in. :undecided:

#12 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

You know what I think of Ron Paul?

I think he's a rotten piece of shit and he stinks.

I've been waiting years to tell that to Joker when he wouldn't admit who he voted for. He was afraid to, because he was afraid of what is happening right now. His beloved messiah is being exposed for the complete moron that he is.

I've known about Ron Paul for years now. I guess I fooled yas into thinking I didn't. I just didn't want to come out and say how I felt because that's no way to start off a debate.

Wow you've been waiting for years?!?!

I'm not a big supporter of Ron Paul and I can't recall ever talking him up. I can't recall ever voting for him (I may have if he ran as a 3rd party previously) and I certainly don't consider him any sort of Messiah.

As far as not admitting who I voted for, that's just another load of crap coming from you. I had no problem telling folks I voted a 3rd party and in 2008 it was the Green Party candidate (I believe it was McKinney)

So all these threads you've been posting and seeking answers to "honest" questions about him have been nothing but some sort of elaborate plan to "fool" us?

Great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You really are bat shit crazy. :rotf:

#13 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,623 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

I believe that the first steps to good debate is to declare a side on the topic, and then open with a statement that is a strong, concise summary of your views/argument points.
I guess the 'I fooled ya' debate method is new to some folks 'round here :huh:

#14 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:21 PM

How can somebody not remember who they voted for in a Presidential election? You definitely gotta be missing some brain cells.

I don't come here to debate. I come here to pontificate.

Pontificate - verb. [pon-tif-i-keyt] - Express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic

and I think I do a pretty good job.

#15 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

i got nothin for this guy thatll work :bang:

#16 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:29 PM

How can somebody not remember who they voted for in a Presidential election? You definitely gotta be missing some brain cells.

Pontificate - verb. [pon-tif-i-keyt] - Express one's opinions in a way considered annoyingly pompous and dogmatic

so you admit you come here specifically to troll. why not head over to phantasy tour where such posting behavior is openly embraced?

#17 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:31 PM

it's not trolling

well, before I say that, what is your definition of trolling anyway? Then I'll answer and tell you whether or not I fall under the category.

Why not PT? I don't go there, that's why.

#18 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

please do.

#19 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

seems like some people wouldn't know satire if it jumped out of the woods and bit them in the nuts.

sat

#20 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:40 PM

Why don't you go to PT? Isn't this board big enough for all of us?

#21 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

A common feature of satire is strong irony or sarcasm—"in satire, irony is militant"—but parody, burlesque, exaggeration, juxtaposition, comparison, analogy, and double entendre are all frequently used in satirical speech and writing. This "militant" irony or sarcasm often professes to approve of (or at least accept as natural) the very things the satirist wishes to attack.

#22 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

So much for you looking for a serious discussion

The guy steps up for you and turn right around and lie to him.

What a class act you are :rotf:

thanks JT

I will try to do that from now on. The reason I made different ones is because each one becomes nothing but insults and foolishness, and I am trying to have a serious discussion. I don't take racism lightly, nor do I take it lightly when someone threatens to remove the rights that unions have fought for over the past couple hundred years.

Clueless

#23 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

soory I ruined your serbiz.org

#24 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

never wrestle with a pig. you both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

#25 syd_25

syd_25
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Ct

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

never wrestle with a pig. you both get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

So you're a pig? Got it. :lol:

#26 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

you got it hoss

#27 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:00 PM

Peacefrog, go get your shots and GTFO the internets.

thank you

#28 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:02 PM

are you a big proponent of SOPA?

#29 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

I'm a proponent of you getting your shots, getting off your lazy ass and getting TF off the internets

Is that what SOPA means?

#30 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

[quote name='PeaceFrog']seems like some people wouldn't know satire if it jumped out of the woods and bit them in the nuts.

sat

#31 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:12 PM

I'm a proponent of you getting your shots, getting off your lazy ass and getting TF off the internets

Is that what SOPA means?

You've taken quite an interest in my life I see. Thanks for the concern.

The appointment at the Pain Management Clinic is set for January 16 at 8:45 am.

Is there anything you can do to get me in there sooner?

#32 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:14 PM

I actually like satire. Halfstar makes me laugh my ass of with his brand of satire.

You on the other hand are just incredibly annoying and have essentially turned the P&R forum into a massive steaming pile of santorum.

congrats phanner. :thumbsup:

don't you think it's ironic that Ron Paul supporters want publicity, but only the kind they approve of?

#33 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

You've taken quite an interest in my life I see. Thanks for the concern.

The appointment at the Pain Management Clinic is set for January 16 at 8:45 am.

Is there anything you can do to get me in there sooner?

I can only hope.

I have no interest in your life, other than hoping you'll go away. Don't flatter yourself.

#34 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

don't you think it's ironic that Ron Paul supporters want publicity, but only the kind they approve of?

you could pull the same bullshit with someone that I can't stand, say Sean Hannity, and I'd still find it completely annoying.

It really has nothing to do with your opinion of a political candidate. It has everything to do with your 24-7 March to shit on a candidate and his supporters in these forums. That to me is trolling. Your goal is not to sway peoples opinion towards your ideas, but simply to try as hard as you can to annoy / anger members of this community.

You've got level headed members such as TimtheBeek and Chinacat openly stating you are hitting their ignore list. You've got other mild mannered folks like Vapid and MeOmYo telling you to STFU.

but, this is the exact type of attention you crave. Silly me for giving your more of what you want by posting this thread.

#35 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:22 PM

I can only hope.

I have no interest in your life, other than hoping you'll go away. Don't flatter yourself.

In what way is my presence here negatively affecting the quality of your life?

#36 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

you could pull the same bullshit with someone that I can't stand, say Sean Hannity, and I'd still find it completely annoying.

It really has nothing to do with your opinion of a political candidate. It has everything to do with your 24-7 March to shit on a candidate and his supporters in these forums. That to me is trolling. Your goal is not to sway peoples opinion towards your ideas, but simply to try as hard as you can to annoy / anger members of this community.

You've got level headed members such as TimtheBeek and Chinacat openly stating you are hitting their ignore list. You've got other mild mannered folks like Vapid and MeOmYo telling you to STFU.

but, this is the exact type of attention you crave. Silly me for giving your more of what you want by posting this thread.

:lol: you just don't get it... feel free to ignore... please.

#37 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:27 PM

true freedom of speech encompasses those things you like to hear as well as the things you don't like hearing.

and that is truth.

#38 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:28 PM

so you admit you come here specifically to troll. why not head over to phantasy tour where such posting behavior is openly embraced?

call_me_the_crazyfrog

http://phantasytour....s/2959729/posts

#39 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:29 PM

:lol: you just don't get it... feel free to ignore... please.

Perhaps you're the one that doesn't get it. When basically everyone is telling you you're like a parasite, everyone must be wrong?

#40 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

Perhaps you're the one that doesn't get it. When basically everyone is telling you you're like a parasite, everyone must be wrong?

no, you don't get it because you and a few others are NOT EVERYONE! :lol:

everyone in your little bubble, perhaps.

and I'm like a parasite? Who's wasting company time on here?

#41 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:40 PM

no, you don't get it because you and a few others are NOT EVERYONE! :lol:

everyone in your little bubble, perhaps.

and I'm like a parasite? Who's wasting company time on here?

When your own wife is one of those "few others" you might want to take a step back and do some serious thinking.

#42 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,417 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well, we are all so lucky to have you here to "show us the way".

Sad really, no wonder your wife is leaving you.

Off to the ban shop. Good luck PF.

#43 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:47 PM

man, we had a good thing going here for a couple months. finally. so much for that:undecided:

think we'd be better served if we just don't respond?

#44 elder

elder
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,504 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:53 PM

Uh oh, time for a new forum. This one's gone bad.

#45 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

beh, let's not get all personal

#46 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,674 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

:rolling:

I'm surprised you guys let him get you all riled up. :funny1:

#47 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

I think of him more as a time killer and something to laugh at but it's getting old and stale.

I'm selling the new and improved Cone of Silence if anyone is interested

Posted Image

#48 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think of him more as a time killer and something to laugh at but it's getting old and stale.
]

this

#49 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

my wife is leaving me? :lol:

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#50 wonka

wonka

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 6,623 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

OK, this thread seems to have run its course, now it is off to the diaper