• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 07:08 AM

Zevon had his heart check up and his condition is a little worse than last time, which was just a little bit worse than the time before that. :( not only is one of the right walls of the heart thickened now but there's a hormone that has reached a level of concern, that is being given off because of the heart condition itself, and that hormone is causing issues with his sodium levels which among other things, affects his blood pressure.

he has a new medicine that is supposed to block the hormone. on the days he gets baby aspirins, that will be 7 pills, or pieces of pills anyways, that he'll have to swallow. it's a really good thing he's so good at taking pills.... :heart: omg, wait till he rips another nail and i have to add antibiotics to that number, uggggghh.

anyway, i'm feeling a bit defeated at the moment. there's possible side effects from this new medicine that scare me even though dr verra says he doesn't expect them. he's been doing so well lately - sooooo happy and soooo playful! makes it harder to hear. i've done, i'm doing, i will do though, the best i can. all i can do is the best i can do. i've been doing it for 4 years this month, too. *sigh*

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:42 PM

Continued love & strength :heart:

You are an awesome kitty mommy!

#3 Drop_o_Rain

Drop_o_Rain

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:07 PM

:heart:

love to you.. i know how hard it is to have a baby with a condition........
all we can do is love love love them and care for them for as long as we can.

#4 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:10 PM

:heart: one day at a time.

#5 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,380 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:14 PM

i've done, i'm doing, i will do though, the best i can. all i can do is the best i can do.

this is all that matters Nancy :heart:

#6 insolent cur

insolent cur

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

#7 LisaMarie

LisaMarie
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:49 PM

Zevon is lucky to have you.

#8 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:23 PM

#9 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 12:13 PM

thanks everyone :heart: he still acts fine, he's happy and playful, not in any pain or anything like that.... nobody would ever know he was sick by looking at or watching him. so it's just a matter of keep on keepin' on for as long as we get. :thup: :heart:

#10 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 03:13 PM

my sister's cat is going through the same thing with the sodium levels. he is 16 or 17.

#11 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 06:34 PM

i'm sorry to hear that. that's a good long life for a kitty :heart: i can't get Zevon to lose weight, he's 13lbs and really s/b 10.... and he just turned 5 in may, he was diagnosed with heart disease 4 years ago tomorrow.

#12 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:40 PM

i'm so sorry nancy! :heart: he's so lucky to have you for his catmom :)

#13 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,945 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:12 PM

(((((((((((((((((Nancykind)))))))))))))))

Natalie and I send our love to you, Zevon and his siblings.

#14 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 04:11 PM

i'm sorry to hear that. that's a good long life for a kitty :heart: i can't get Zevon to lose weight, he's 13lbs and really s/b 10.... and he just turned 5 in may, he was diagnosed with heart disease 4 years ago tomorrow.

My vet once told me, that you can't really put cats on diets, and get any significant weight loss.

#15 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,701 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:33 PM

that doesn't make any sense except that it can be challenging to get a cat to increase its exercise level. it requires, i would venture to guess, human participation and implementation. fortunately mine are extremely playful and LOVE it when i play with them, so it's not difficult to increase the exercise level if i make the effort.

he does look a little thinner so i'm guessing his sodium issue was preventing him from losing weight. makes alot of sense, wouldn't it? i'll have to remember to weigh him tonight. :thup:

#16 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

#17 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 04:14 PM

that doesn't make any sense except that it can be challenging to get a cat to increase its exercise level. it requires, i would venture to guess, human participation and implementation. fortunately mine are extremely playful and LOVE it when i play with them, so it's not difficult to increase the exercise level if i make the effort.

he does look a little thinner so i'm guessing his sodium issue was preventing him from losing weight. makes alot of sense, wouldn't it? i'll have to remember to weigh him tonight. :thup:

Ooo, the sodium issue would certainly make him retain fluid, hence weight.

Hope he is lighter. :heart:

#18 pixiebug

pixiebug
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:08 PM

:heart: :heart:

#19 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,079 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY