Dipa-Ma's 10 Lessons to Live By
Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:50 AM
2. Meditate every day. Practice now. Don't think you will do more later.
3. Any situation is workable. Each of us has enormous power. It can be used to help ourselves and help others.
4. Practice patience. Patience is one of the most important virtues for developing mindfulness and concentration.
5. Free your mind. Your mind is all stories.
6. Cool the fire of emotions. Anger is a fire.
7. Have fun along the way. I am quite happy. If you come to meditate you will also be happy.
8. Simplify. Live simply. A very simple life is good for every thing. Too much luxury is a hindrance to practice.
9. Cultivate the spirit of blessing. If you bless those around you this will inspire you to be attentive in every moment.
10. It's a circular journey. Meditation integrates the whole person
Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:51 AM
Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:05 PM
I agree w/ most of em, #1 tho.. not as much. Driving is a mediation for me, as is snowboarding, bike riding, yoga, sitting practice, etc. The more the merrier. ymmv.
for clarity's sake: one meditation practice = the actual intent of meditation as both the means and end. you may find meditative qualities in certain physical activities, which means you're definitely of open mind to such, which is great, and a result of living the type of life suggested here! - but it's not the actual meditation practice itself.