Phish 12/31/2011 setlist!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:15 AM

It was truely a Phish show with Phish playing Phish. The only real cover tune I see in the setlist is "Sneakin' Sally" basically...

Set 1: BagAC/DC Bag > Wolfman'sWolfman's Brother, SOAMuleScent of a Mule, STFTFPStealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Lawn Boy, JibbooGotta Jibboo, Farmhouse, Pebbles and Marbles, Ocelot, Fluffhead<SUP>[1]</SUP>

Set 2: Party Time, Light > Golden Age, ThemeTheme From the Bottom, Heavy Things, Ghost, Sneakin' SallySneakin' Sally through the Alley, 46 Days, SuzySuzy Greenberg

Set 3: Cavern, Steam<SUP>[2]</SUP> > Auld Lang Syne > DwDDown with Disease<SUP>[3]</SUP>, WedgeThe Wedge, Alaska, Velvet SeaWading in the Velvet Sea, First Tube

Encore: SlaveSlave to the Traffic Light

#2 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,087 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

"Golden Age" was the only other cover.

Such a great show!!

Happy new year! :cheers:

#3 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 03:32 PM

Show was fun. I wouldn't call that "great" though

#4 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,087 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

It wasn't the best of the four, but it also wasn't just about what they brought to the stage. At least not for me last night, your results may vary...

#5 gram-man

gram-man
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,185 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:19 PM

As always, people put too much hype and expectation behind it being the "new years show."

They gave us great gag this year that no one was expecting. I certainly wasn't expecting people to get lifted out of the audience and to start dancing in mid air. And I really didn't expect Trey and Mike to get lifted into the air on teeny Uplatforms either!

Was it the greatest Phish show ever performed? No. It wasn't. Then again, if you look back at past New Years Eve shows, almost none of them are considered super amazing (with the exception, perhaps, of 12/31/95).

It was a good show and I had a great time with great friends. Thank you Phish for ringing out 2011 with a bang!

#6 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 01 January 2012 - 06:49 PM

I just watched the video of the gag which was awesome, show looks decent... although given how sick I was feeling yesterday I'm very glad that I didn't have plans to go because I would've had a miserable time, I'm fully satisfied with my one night of Phish in 2011 :clapping:

#7 TheDHJ

TheDHJ
  • VibeTribe
  • 31,645 posts
  • LocationSouthern Colorado

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

Teen platforms?

#8 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Teen platforms?

little elevating platforms big enough for someone to stand on that you might see at a Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus concert

#9 squigs

squigs
  • VibeTribe
  • 333 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:39 PM

Was it the greatest Phish show ever performed? No. It wasn't. Then again, if you look back at past New Years Eve shows, almost none of them are considered super amazing (with the exception, perhaps, of 12/31/95).

Let's not forget Big Cypress. Not many bands play for 7 hours straight.

#10 Royal

Royal
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,700 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 10:15 PM

As always, people put too much hype and expectation behind it being the "new years show."

They gave us great gag this year that no one was expecting. I certainly wasn't expecting people to get lifted out of the audience and to start dancing in mid air. And I really didn't expect Trey and Mike to get lifted into the air on teeny Uplatforms either!

It was a good show and I had a great time with great friends. Thank you Phish for ringing out 2011 with a bang!

12/31/1994 at the Boston Garden was epic in every way.

#11 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,671 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:11 PM

Show was awesome. Maybe not the best Phish musically but the production of the entire thing was top notch. Had a blast. :dance:

#12 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:55 PM

28th > 30th > 29th > 31st

the 28th was the best show of the run. it might not have been as sharp as the 30th but they fucked face with type 2 + 3 jams all night long.

#13 concert andy

concert andy
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,050 posts
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 02 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

Wasnt there but listened to most on broadcast.

I agree in general and my feeling is the same as my wonder twin said a while back.

Better than than Hiatus.

#14 Doctor Albert

Doctor Albert

Banned

• Banned
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

I'll never miss a NYE show if I can help it! :boogie: