Dating websites?

• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

#301 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,751 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:59 PM

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

:shocked:

#302 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:52 PM

Wow this thread has taken a tole for the worse. :lol:

#303 FairMaidenMcree

FairMaidenMcree
  • VibeTribe
  • 148 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:09 AM

OMG Bryan!! WTF ?!! I think those are bicycle shorts :funny1:
Could he be hairier?? :pokinit:

OMG lmfao!!!
priceless

#304 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

I had a girl whose photo was her from her last BISON HUNT. The poor animals head was half bloodied and she stood proudly over it with her gun. I didn't know who looked worse, her or the Bison! Not even gonna try to look for this photo. :rolleyes:

#305 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Not much new happening on the dating front here. I did go on a first date with the other girl, she seems nice and we have some common interests.There was no spark for me but if you throw the ladder theory :lmao: out the window we could be friends.

Still waiting for a third date with scrubs, gotta call that girl :clapping:

Been thinking about this other girl but she is young ? I think I might just have to go for it and see what happens :devil: :monkey:

#306 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:48 AM

First of all, wtf it the ladder theory and how come I've never heard of it?

Second, follow this principle for age and you should be ok. Take your age, divide it by 2 and add 7. Whatever that number turns out to be DO NOT date younger than that age. This is rule for men, it might be different for women..

When I first signed up for plentyoffish it thought I was in Alabama, so it suggested matches in AB. I messaged the best looking girl on the page and we talked that night soon figuring out I was in NM. Long story short, we've been talking constantly since and she may fly to NM for her spring break :pimp: :devil: :jamguy: I'm 27, shes 22, also a hotness factor (since I've been dating 25 and up mostly this last month).. I am finding major differences in 25+ chicas

#307 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

what's the major differences in 25+ chicas, that they are mature and want a real relationship? :grin: Don't be a stereotype, date ladies your own age! :grin: (I'm 27 too, and 22 year olds are like a whole generation different....)

#308 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 02:45 PM

There's just a level of spontaniousness to a 22 year old girl that I think slowly decreases with time. Basically, a 22 year old is more willing to take chances and risks, which more closely matches my personality than say someone who is 25+. I can not see some 25+ flying cross country to meet me, whereas a 22 year old feeling a major connection might. I think you are more prepared to make mistakes for yourself at that age (being young, free, etc) when someone closer to my age is being careful to avoid making such mistakes.. (seeking security, avoiding uncertain adventure, etc).. I appologize for making any broad generalizations, but it's just what I find to be true. I'm sure there are wild adventurous 27 year olds out there, I just haven't found any in my city..

I admit, I am probably less mature than most other guys who are 27, but more in the way that I am free spirited, and looking for the same in a partner/companion. btw I am dating someone who is 25 right now.. ;)

#309 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

First of all, wtf it the ladder theory and how come I've never heard of it?

Second, follow this principle for age and you should be ok. Take your age, divide it by 2 and add 7. Whatever that number turns out to be DO NOT date younger than that age. This is rule for men, it might be different for women..

Ladder theory.....

let me open a barrel of monkeys and offer up The Ladder Theory - http://www.laddertheory.com/

:lmao:

Have fun with that :)

And lets see....your rule puts my limit at 29 :mrgreen: Have not broken that yet :monkey:

#310 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

I'm gonna have to warn my daughter about boys like you, Heady. ;) (j/k, I am sure that all parties are willing participants)

#311 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

ladder theory = pretty good reading, not totally through it yet :coffee:

I'm gonna have to warn my daughter about boys like you, Heady. ;) (j/k, I am sure that all parties are willing participants)

In my opinion, kids are going to do what they want ultimately.. yours may be an exception, but once they're 18+ they are all going to make mistakes.. don't let me be one of them! :devil: :lol:

#312 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 05:28 PM

:lol:

#313 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 04 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

I'm learning something new here. I just generally always dated either older or girls around my age. I actually like a girl with a little age to her. I like knowing she has some plans with her life, she has experience, something more full to talk about then what they did in highschool, etc. Up until my friend that I dated over the summer all the girls I dated were older then me. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction???????? Maybe not????

#314 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:05 AM

There are def girls out there beyond their age.. though the majority of the time its impossible regardless of intention to accumulate the life experience I think you're looking for. A little harder to quantify sometimes. I typically seem to turn on girls younger who lack experience in stuff like outdoors.. its a good connection, they have someone they can trust, and I have someone I can teach. It works out. Whatever seems to work for you I guess!

I'm getting back into it now that I'm back from Miami.. cooking dinner for Ali tomorrow night.. going running with Tess on Wed and dinner after.. I think I'm narrowing it down between those two. Updates to come. Long live the dating thread lol! If nothing else, keep dating just to keep it alive :lol:

#315 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

So..If all men subscribed to this theory I should be dating 60 yr old men?! EWWWA
I'm doomed, might as well get myself a bunch of cats and start hoarding. :gah:

#316 noro9

noro9
  • VibeTribe
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

Are you 106 years old?

#317 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 01:56 PM

Are you 106 years old?

Nooooo lol a 60 yr old man would be looking for a woman MY age....60 divided by 2 + 7= 37

#318 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:03 PM

Personally age really has nothing to do with connecting with a person. I'm realizing that now. I mean it does come into play with certain age differences for example conversation wise. Its weird to talk about something that you remember growing up and and the person has no clue about what your talking about or wasn't even born yet.

I sort of came up with my own rule of the 4 year span in either direction. I am still open to meeting someone younger or a bit older then that but I've found my own personal rule has worked well for me so far.

#319 noro9

noro9
  • VibeTribe
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Got it :smile:

#320 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 02:14 PM

Nooooo lol a 60 yr old man would be looking for a woman MY age....60 divided by 2 + 7= 37

It's not that a 60 y/o man would necessarily be looking for a woman your age.. it's that it would be acceptable for him to date you and no one younger. This is a guideline more for him than you. So if he did go for 36, then he's a creep! ;)

My current crush is 33 (and I'm 27).. really a'int nothin but a number when it comes down to it

#321 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:03 PM

Whats with these girls that don't have IM???????????????? I mean really everyone I know talks through IM online to there friends at some point. Email communication is ok but it just doesn't cut it.

#322 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 04:52 PM

I don't really use IM. unless you count Google chat.

#323 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:46 PM

^ same thing....no? :lol:

#324 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:50 PM

I don't really use IM. unless you count Google chat.

That counts.

#325 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,293 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Whats with these girls that don't have IM???????????????? I mean really everyone I know talks through IM online to there friends at some point. Email communication is ok but it just doesn't cut it.

I have a bunch of female friends that don't use IM...

#326 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:00 PM

I'm going to get my nerve up and ask the coffee shop girl out. You only live once and I'm not getting younger :spank: It seems like I might have a chance, but then I think that about every girl that smiles at me :clapping:

#327 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

Good luck.. last time I asked out a coffee shop girl I was rejected, but that's only b/c she had a bf. I guess online dating takes the guess work out of things. Harder in real life isn't it? GOOD LUCK!! :clapping:

#328 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:44 PM

So out of no where I get a message on OKC from this girl who lives in my town. She said she is really excited to finnally meet someone on that site that has the same interests in music and life. She said some other flattering stuff also. Um you bet I'm responding. Wish me luck. :cool:

#329 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:50 PM

The sooner you get over the fear of rejection the better your dating life will be. Trust me. Whats the worst thing that could happen?..she might say no?
Git 'er done!

I'm going to get my nerve up and ask the coffee shop girl out. You only live once and I'm not getting younger :spank: It seems like I might have a chance, but then I think that about every girl that smiles at me :clapping:

#330 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

The sooner you get over the fear of rejection the better your dating life will be. Trust me. Whats the worst thing that could happen?..she might say no?
Git 'er done!

I'm not scared of rejection...maybe a little scared of what might happen if she says yes :funny1:

Good luck.. last time I asked out a coffee shop girl I was rejected, but that's only b/c she had a bf. I guess online dating takes the guess work out of things. Harder in real life isn't it? GOOD LUCK!! :clapping:

I'm pretty sure she dosn't have a boy friend(says me who dosn't even know her name:rolleyes: ).....If she does then she likes to flirt. She is very cute(I mean hot) so I'm sure she gets hit on a lot. We'll see how it goes :jamguy:

#331 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:00 PM

Good luck fellas!! I'm trying to come up with a good pasta/sausage/veggie recipe for cooking for my date tonight.. any suggestions??

#332 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:30 AM

Think I saw this a little too late..but I have a great recipe. Simple and yummy :crazy:
You'll need:
Lb. Italian sausage browned and sliced
Lb. chicken breast cooked and sliced
mix the meat in a pan and add a sliced green pepper and a jar of marinated artichokes, saute for about 10 minutes until the peppers are soft. Turn heat down low and add about a half a stick of butter till just melted.
Add cooked pasta to pan ingredients toss and serve. Top with grated cheese and fresh cracked pepper.
Hope you try it, easy but impressive. :smile:

#333 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

hmmm that sounds good!! I ended up going to whole foods and getting 3 different kinds of italian sausage.. cooked those for 10 m.. added onion, garlic, herbs galore.. tomatoes diced and sauce... simmered for an hour, topped on pasta was SO good. It actually could not have turned out better. We watched the UNM BBall game (they lost) :( but enjoyed spending a few hours curled up on the couch talking and gettin a little busy!! holla!! I like this girl alot, it's a good feeling. I think it's reciprocal. we'll see... :)

#334 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:42 PM

So I talked to that girl from OKC lastnight. We seemed to hit it off well. The only thing we didn't connect on was she likes Disco Biscuits. Everything else we were on the same level so I hope it works out. She seems like a really nice girl. If anything, I hope for at least a new friend.

#335 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

hmmm that sounds good!! I ended up going to whole foods and getting 3 different kinds of italian sausage.. cooked those for 10 m.. added onion, garlic, herbs galore.. tomatoes diced and sauce... simmered for an hour, topped on pasta was SO good. It actually could not have turned out better. We watched the UNM BBall game (they lost) :( but enjoyed spending a few hours curled up on the couch talking and gettin a little busy!! holla!! I like this girl alot, it's a good feeling. I think it's reciprocal. we'll see... :)

You did good!! Sounds like you had a great night. :smile:
:dinner:

#336 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:12 PM

The only thing we didn't connect on was she likes Disco Biscuits.

dude get out before its too late!! :bolt: red flag bro!!! :lol:

You did good!! Sounds like you had a great night. :smile:
:dinner:

Hell yeah!! :dance:

#337 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:53 PM

dude get out before its too late!! :bolt: red flag bro!!! :lol:

That was my thought, hopefully other things will compensate for that. but I'll say this much I will not be going to those shows with her unless she pays for it.

#338 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

and the dr*gs you'll need to enjoy em too!! :rolleyes: :wook:

#339 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:04 PM

and the dr*gs you'll need to enjoy em too!! :rolleyes:

I'll definitely be standing at the bar getting wasted so I can numb my self up to forget that I am there. :lol:

Its funny how in the scene I enjoy and is a huge part of my life, I have such a dislike for certain bands and what they represent.

#340 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,751 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

Bisco kids are gonna puke on your shoes for dissin'!

#341 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

Bisco kids are gonna puke on your shoes for dissin'!

Hey I have my personal reasons and I would say they are pretty valid. It's not really a dis hatred towards the band in general its more towards a some of the people in the band through personal experience and what the band stands for with in the scene. Music wise I think they are tight, the guitarist is really good, I definitely can't say anything bad about that aspect.

#342 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,751 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

I was only Joshin', Joe.

Im not a fan of the Bisco myself...musics aight. But the new found levels of wookation leave somethign to be desired.

#343 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

I was only Joshin', Joe.

Im not a fan of the Bisco myself...musics aight. But the new found levels of wookation leave somethign to be desired.

I know you were. I just wanted to leave a disclaimer for the possible Bisco fan war I could be starting with that statement. :lol:

Trust me when i heard she liked Bisco all I could think of there goes her creditability in her taste of music. :rotf:

#344 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

I will admit, every once in a while I can rock out to them.... for about 10 minutes :lol:

#345 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:43 PM

Harder is right....the coffee shop thing makes it hard. I go there a lot, it's always busy. How do I get a chance to ask her out ?

I chickend out today :bang: ......someone that knows my ex walked in right when I was going to ask her. I am not worried about rejection but I don't need my ex-wife friends talking about it :dunno: I guess the age difference is what is holding me back but like I said , I don't even know her name :spank: (edit...it's Percilla ;) )I'm not giving upon her yet, can't let a feeling like that go by. not again

I called scrubs girl and got a third date with her for next week :thumbsup:
I can't wait :dance:

#346 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

So update. Well i talked to that girl online later that night for about 2 hours conversation just flowed. Well since then 2 nights later she just disappeared. I haven't seen her online or even a message. If she doesn't pop on tonight I'll just send her a email saying hello hows it going. We''ll see. In the mean time I've also been talking to another girl. She seems to be a nice person, she has her life together which is always a bonus, has good taste in music, and well we click so far. The only thing is she is 22 which is a bit young for me being 28. But then again age is only a number if we click.

#347 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,751 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

Joe, this is 90% of my online interaction. Starts out as a mailing back and forth...might turn into a convo at one point...then vanish!
I take no offense and feel no obligation to make the next contact. If I was the last one who sent something and nothing is returned...I just forget it.
I've also had soem good convos like that which died off, only to have the girl come back 2-3 months later..like, "sorry it took so long to respond..."

I usually dont bother with this either. I think it just means they are either far to busy to be looking to actually date or they're total flakes..

Online dating to me is just that. A place for most who like the idea of dating, to surf around and find people they like to message. But aren't serious about it what so ever because they are either far too busy in real life, or think the entire process is strange....just my take.

#348 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:34 PM

Online dating to me is just that. A place for most who like the idea of dating, to surf around and find people they like to message. But aren't serious about it what so ever because they are either far too busy in real life, or think the entire process is strange....just my take.

Isn't that the truth. I find that with some people I've talked to. it seems like they have barely any free time let alone time to set aside for the possibility of even dating someone. The way I look at it is if it works out then great but if it doesn't Oh well.

#349 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:03 PM

Major advice needed:

So I'm dating 3 girls at the same time. I thought I narrowed it down to 2, but #3 just gave me some stuff to think about last night. It seems like a 3 weeks of dating each of these girls, I need to decide where each relationship is headed. I have a fear of commitment, so dating has been great. Allows me to retain 100% independence, and still keep my options open while I get used to this town (I am still discovering what my options are.) So here's the breakdown on the three chicks, maybe you can help me choose.

#1 - Jen. Met her first, 1st date lunch, 2nd date holiday party all night at a hotel! I like to party with Jen over the other girls.. she's from the midwest.. genuine, sweet, and certainly feels like she would treat me right if we go further. I trust her.

#2 - Tess. Gone on several hiking/running/dinner dates. We have the most in common (our cars are identical model, year and color, which is weird.) She's very active, skis worksout runs climbs,etc so that is huge. The physical attraction is less than the two other girls, but she's the one I had a talk with last night. She is interested in pursuing something further. I wasn't sure until last night about that, so she's back in it.

#3 - Ali. Ali is the cutest of the 3. Has here shit together, 25 y/o owns her own house. Has a good job, nice car, and the best body of the 3. She's petite which I love (she's 5'1" I'm 5'8").. got out of an ugly 3 year relationship a few months ago, and is ready for dating and probably more. I haven't gotten too intimate with her, but the potential is definitely there.

I am not trying to be a player. I told Tess when she asked I am dating other girls. The other 2 girls haven't asked but I'd tell them the same. I see each of them only once a week, sometimes twice. So I feel like I want to start spending more time with just one, and make it feel a little bit more of a relationship. I'm just not sure which one! What do I do? Continue to date until I feel pressure from one of them to become exclusive? Decide for myself now and make the other two friends? I'm not sleeping with any of them, but it's time to change that!! For real.. :dance: And the only way I can see myself doing that, is by choosing one.. :coffee:

#350 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 04:24 PM

I have always been a one girl type of guy and have no real dating experience but I would say it takes a while to get to know someone. Unless you have real strong feelings for one, I might ride it out a little while longer. Since you are not sleeping with any of them, not that that would be bad.......but it could get sticky if you get hung up on more than one or if the one you are least attracted to starts getting serious ?