Dating websites?

• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

#251 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

If it takes 20 people, than I'm almost 1/3 of the way to meeting my soul mate! Can't stop now! :lol:

#252 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 05:46 PM

yeah I think I'm gonna cut her off. No more bush wacking in the zuchi pukey -stinky pinky vajay jay for me.. I'm not a jungle man

now that I think of it, my machete needs shapening

:rotf:

#253 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:23 PM

I had a nice second date with scrubs girl today. We had lunch again, we were going to have drinks after work but she was pressed for time. I mentioned the GD and she didn't freak :funny1: ...so that's a good sign. I'm very attracted to her but I'm still waiting for a first date with girl #2

I had fun and can't wait to have a third date, she had to run so we are going to set that up soon :clapping:

#254 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:25 PM

She sounds like a busy person. And congrats things seem to hit it off well to be making it to a 3rd date. I hope things work out for you.

#255 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:25 PM

She works three jobs. She's on her way to a nursing degree and works in a doctors office in town. She is in real estate and she is a barber :thumbsup:

It's been very casual and the attraction is there...well at least for me :monkey: but she did make a point of giving me a full on lips kiss after I gave her a little hug and a kiss on the cheek :wook:

#256 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

:Phishfolk:

#257 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

She works three jobs. She's on her way to a nursing degree and works in a doctors office in town. She is in real estate and she is a barber :thumbsup:

It's been very casual and the attraction is there...well at least for me :monkey: but she did make a point of giving me a full on lips kiss after I gave her a little hug and a kiss on the cheek :wook:

Thats the type of girl a guy dreams about. Shes dedicated, has goals, knows how to survive, and she seems to have good personality by what you have said so far.

#258 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:06 PM

Pretty solid for a second date cdrhead.. nice..

so I have a question.. I have met 5 girls.. the 1st one I immediately became intimate with, and since meeting the other 4 I have not made a single move elsewhere. I now am about to break things off with the first, and here's the problem. I'm kind of afraid to get intimate with any of the others.. here's why..

I feel like rushing into things with the first one now leaves us with an empty relationship. I want more than sex from someone.. conversation, activities etc, and the first is simply not delivering any of that, so she's toast. And right now I'm trying to decide between two different girls (one I've had 2 dates with and the other I've had 3 dates with)... there's definitely sexual tension now b/c it's like ok, we keep seeing each other to have dinner, hang out, etc....... a good night kiss is kind of in order, but I keep holding out. Reason being, I don't want to rush into this again and screw it up, becoming intimate too quickly and losing the initial grounds of a friendship that will last in some form of relationship be it friend or more.

advice? I am not just being a pussy, I could have done something.... I just don't feel it's right to be hooking up with two people at the same time. Trying to stay honest here.. :rolleyes: Or is that ok, if you're just "dating." Problem is one of those people ultimately is going to get cut out, entirely friendship and all. You can't just stop hooking up with someone you're dating, be honest about it and expect the relationship to continue in some fashion.

:undecided:

#259 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:38 PM

Nothing wrong with spreading the love if there is no commitment. Just be safe.
Personally, i can't do it. I find it A) gross B) dangerous C) way too much time invested.

I think you're over thinking it brah. Just let things unfold naturally. All this analyzing is causing you more confusion than clarity it appears.

Go with the flow, leave expectations out of it and have fun!

:wink:

#260 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 02:49 PM

Simple enough don't hook up till you feel its right. Try just hanging out watching Tv, doing nothing together. If there is still chemistry at that point, then that's the girl that will work out.

To be honest with most relationships I've been in it took about a month of dating to get to the point of sleeping with each other.

#261 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

It seems with me, in most relationships, we start sleeping together way too soon and it's over in a month.. thats the problem.

yeah, def over thinking. Although I wasn't sure if last nights date wanted a good night kiss.. would have been pretty embarrassing if she pushed away.. overthinking sucks.. so does not getting any booty

#262 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

It seems with me, in most relationships, we start sleeping together way too soon and it's over in a month.. thats the problem.

yeah, def over thinking. Although I wasn't sure if last nights date wanted a good night kiss.. would have been pretty embarrassing if she pushed away.. overthinking sucks.. so does not getting any booty

I over think things also sometimes. It happens. I've never been a player, or even had skills to be a player so any girl I've been with, I actually dated. It's still early on to jump into things, even though jumping into her is tempting. But in my opinion getting to know each girl and then going with that person is the way to go in my book.

The other thing I was thinking was if its been over a month and you only seen her 2 or 3 times that's not really enough time. Once you've gone out 5 or 6 times and you haven't decided to be with her yet then walk away.

#263 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 18 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Awww Heady this is what usually keeps them around for me. Gotta give them better lovin bro. :devil:

j/k

#264 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:05 PM

I'm new at dating and have always been a one girl type of guy. I am not that fast to jump in bed , unless its clearly a one night stand. The amount of time since the last time you got laid has to be factored in ofcoarse :funny1: I would feel funny jumping in bed with more than one girl I was dating (unless it was at the same time.....not dating...I mean in bed :jamguy: )

but then quality of sex is a major deciding factor , so it can't wait too long but feelings should be taken into account. Try to be as upfront about it as you can :)

#265 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

Heady, didn't you say earlier you didn't want a relationship?

I would take it slow if you want something that lasts. in most of my long term relationships we didn't get intimate for at least 2 months, after spending a LOT of time together.

#266 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:02 PM

Heady if i'm understanding you, you want a lover but not a girlfriend, don't want a one night stand or series of one night stands, and want to do the right thing by each of these girls so that nobody is hurt or misunderstands your intentions in any way. did i get that right?

do you tell the girls you date what you're looking for right now? if you're upfront with them about what you really want, it's on them (and usually pretty easy to tell) if they think they're gonna be the one to change your mind about a real relationship...in which case you'll know it's time to stop seeing them or at least have another conversation about expectations and whatnot.

anyway, i think there's a world of difference between how i feel about my guy friends and how i feel toward a lover. if you're not feeling it, just don't go there. if you ARE feeling it, be honest with her about what you want out of your relationship, and go from there. if she's looking for the same, awesome. if she's looking for a boyfriend/commitment/marriage then she's obviously not looking for YOU, at least not at this time in your life. let her go so she can find what she wants, and you can find what you want.

oh but i disagree about not being able to go back to being friends once you become lovers. it's possible. you just have to be honest and open and sensitive to each other's feelings for a little while as you adjust to a different sort of relationship. old lovers can make the best friends, sometimes. who knows you better, really?

#267 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Heady, didn't you say earlier you didn't want a relationship?

yeah, thats part of the problem. I think I'm ok with short term relationships.. I like to be happy with the one person I'm dating and not need to look anywhere else for fulfillment.. problem is I can't keep someone over a month.. not b/c of bad sex ;) .. but b/c I get bored so easily with people. It's a terrible problem. I'm also used to people coming and going from my life, so figuring out how to keep interest in someone over a month is nearly impossible. It's ruined most of my potential longer term relationships. I'm 27, majority of my relationships have lasted one month, or less! I am relationship ADD. I think I'm looking for a full package type of girl, one who won't drive me away cause she's got it all. Pretty damn hard to find!

You guys all have me pinned down pretty good. Now I just need to figure out my own self :undecided:

#268 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 04:38 AM

alright.. made the move, and she was completely receptive! wooo hoo! date #4 a success! updates to come :D

#269 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 06:13 AM

I guess there's something falsely hot about the mom factor

False? For shame...Got something against the MILFs do ya?? :carla:

No more bush wacking in the zuchi pukey -stinky pinky vajay jay for me

:barf:

#270 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

no Free, just the opposite :joker:

#271 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 05:25 PM

The children?

For shame dood, for shame!

#272 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

alright.. made the move, and she was completely receptive! wooo hoo! date #4 a success! updates to come :D

Which girl is this again? :lol:
I can't keep track of all these women your playing. :hit:

#273 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 08:28 PM

Is a third date too soon to ask a girl over to my house for a lunch date ?

#274 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:02 PM

Depends on how much you talk in between and how comfortable you are with each other. Personally for me it can vary. But 3 or 4th date you might be at a point where that is ok. But to be honest I haven't gotten that far lately so what do I know.

#275 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 74,083 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 23 December 2009 - 06:45 AM

Is a third date too soon to ask a girl over to my house for a lunch date ?

I don't think so.

#276 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

Nice to get a girls perspective :rose: I really have not talked to her much but she said she is not a phone person. We seem comfortable together so I'm just going to ask her. I called her yesterday....she said she would like another date and will call when she gets over being sick :sick1: :dance:

#277 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,228 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 02:17 PM

You asked her over for a 3rd date nooner? :eek:

Really, lunch at a home seems like a fine 3rd date offer.
If she isn't comfortable with it yet, she can throw out
the name of a restaurant she would like to check out for lunch.

#278 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

^^^yup :thumbsup:

#279 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

Nice to get a girls perspective :rose: I really have not talked to her much but she said she is not a phone person.

Your lucky shes not a phone person. Some girls can keep on for hours if you let them.

#280 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:11 PM

You asked her over for a 3rd date nooner? :eek:

:devil: :devil: :devil: :funny1:

Our first two dates were lunch at the same restaurant. It would be nice to interact without a table between us. :monkey:

Your lucky shes not a phone person. Some girls can keep on for hours if you let them.

I work on the phone a lot , so I don't mind either way. I can jabber with the best of them when I get going though....it's been a while since I spent hours on the phone.

#281 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

i'm not a phone person either, but with the right person yeah, conversation just flows...with or without a phone line separating you. :dunno:

#282 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

i'm not a phone person either, but with the right person yeah, conversation just flows...with or without a phone line separating you. :dunno:

This is true, with my ex we were both not phone people but for some reason when ever we started talking it wound up being 1 to 2 hours later till be hung up. Well not always but often enough.

#283 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,379 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 04:19 PM

it's nice when conversation flows like that. i can't imagine dating someone i didn't like talking to, laughing with and who i didn't connect with on a level beyond sexual.

when we were dating long-distance my guy and i had some LONG conversations. sometimes hours and hours long. though i'd never go back to that time, i actually miss it sometimes...those were some good conversations :grin: :lol:

#284 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

Which girl is this again? :lol:
I can't keep track of all these women your playing. :hit:

Lydia- - 1st - hooked up for 2 weeks, she's too quiet and broke, eats rotten zuchinni and makes my house smell :eek:
Jen - sweet personality, fun, good job, nice digs, cute chica
Tess - bad ass climber, skiier, cute and lots of potential
Rosie - has an 8 y/o, just friends

I'm really only talking to Tess and Jen, dating that is

Good luck with the nooner date. I'd follow your gut about it, sounds like a go! I just moved here so I've actually brought first dates over to "see the place" bc I was excited to share

#285 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:35 PM

Lydia- - 1st - hooked up for 2 weeks, she's too quiet and broke, eats rotten zuchinni and makes my house smell :eek:
Jen - sweet personality, fun, good job, nice digs, cute chica
Tess - bad ass climber, skiier, cute and lots of potential
Rosie - has an 8 y/o, just friends

I'm really only talking to Tess and Jen, dating that is

Good luck with the nooner date. I'd follow your gut about it, sounds like a go! I just moved here so I've actually brought first dates over to "see the place" bc I was excited to share

Damn Kid want to unload some of those girls to me. :lol: My count is 0 on the name base.

#286 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:42 PM

what do you mean 0 on the name base?

I'm meeting Ali for drinks tonight and also forgot to mention the one date I had with Angelina (the one who paid for the Greek food)..

You can have them all bro, that's how I feel anyway :funny1: completely insane this is in one month of living in this town

#287 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:25 PM

what do you mean 0 on the name base?

Meaning I 0 names to put up on my list for possibilities.

#288 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:39 PM

have you already messaged most of the girls in your area? maybe you can expand to further areas.. or try another site? my trick was I just mass messaged like 30 girls all pretty much the same thing. I'm now talking to the 2-3 that had the most interesting replies / communications since.. and now that I've met a few, I still message new ones occasionally just because

#289 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

have you already messaged most of the girls in your area? maybe you can expand to further areas.. or try another site? my trick was I just mass messaged like 30 girls all pretty much the same thing. I'm now talking to the 2-3 that had the most interesting replies / communications since.. and now that I've met a few, I still message new ones occasionally just because

That sounds like work. :lol: Trying to find a date shouldn't be work. But I guess your right, expanding my odds gives me a better chance of actually finding someone. Maybe OKC isn't for me.

#290 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:52 PM

I've had more luck on Plenty of Fish. A lot less info to work with initially but if you can get someone's interest it could work out in a timely fashion. That's why I move to Facebook asap if appropriate.. gets you a better look at them (and if their profile was accurate etc) plus you can pop into them on chat and get a real feel for them. Good first steps imo. Just write a generic message and see who replies!

One prob I've had is there's some hotties who took a month to reply. That's not gonna work out. I'm sure the ratio of hot girls:time spent on the site is low, but thats the challenge.

#291 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 08:25 AM

Best first date yet, tonight. If she's into me, which I think she is.. the same way I'm into her.. this could really be something. She's got everything going on.. two jobs, OWNS her house, sexy ass car, is smart, funny, and fine!!! I think I'm almost ready to take down my profile yo. Just treated her to a really nice dinner.. 1:25 am just getting back from a first date, can't complain! :mrgreen:

#292 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,760 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:37 PM

Shit man. You're mass messaging? That's awesome. You would make a great recruiter....

#293 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 10:47 PM

I don't know, me and my husband are both not phone people, and we never have had a phone conversation longer than like 15-20 minutes (and that's when I'm away on a business trip). But in person the conversation is awesome- one of the things that first attracted me about him is that we always have something to talk about, the conversation is always going, and it's usually really interesting. In fact, we can also chat online for hours. We just never have anything to say on the phone.

I guess I'm lucky he only lived 5 blocks away from me when we first met :)

#294 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 12:03 AM

I guess I'm lucky he only lived 5 blocks away from me when we first met :)

My sisters husband lived a similar distance when they started online dating. Funny how someone so right could be so close to you all along and you never knew!

I use the testimonial all the time that my sister is incredibly happy with her husband, whom she met online.. So I figure I'll give it a try too..

#295 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,302 posts

Posted 25 December 2009 - 02:28 PM

This. Liz and I have lost track of time a few times, after being on the phone for a couple of hours!!

#296 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,022 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 04:04 AM

each guy posting here needs his own thread :lol: I'm so confused :eating:

#297 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

I think I fall into the serial dater category. I would imagine dating more than 4 chicks in one month would qualify.. I'm not a playa I just $#@! alot! :eek: ;)

#298 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:39 PM

Ok this is just a snipit of the kind of men that contact me....I'm doomed!! :eek::sad: I give up!!!!:bang:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#299 Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,730 posts
  • LocationDirectly south of Seaside Park..across the sound

Posted 26 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

^^^ Gotta love the skin tight boxer briefs on big foot. :lmao:

Run Janine...run!!!!!!!!

#300 Janine H