• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

#101 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:42 AM

:blush: Thanks

I thought it was funny on that site...when you first go to it you put your zipcode in and it pops up with a bunch of pictures of "people" near you....they are all perfect. As soon as you sign up and see the real pictures suddenly all the beautiful people are gone and its real life :eek:

Thanks, it's been interesting so far.I do have a few very attractive women to chase after and I get to laugh at the funny pictures (35...I thought you were 60 :bang: )

......Scorpio

Scorpio...Oh boy...Yeah, you should have no problems with this once you get going.....

I'd better tuck myself in before I get myself into trouble... :devil:

#102 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:00 AM

Things are going good...I still don't have a date but I was just chatting with Jennifer (mountaingrrl) ...I really like her pictures

She has been to GOTV ....I asked her to stalk me :funny1:

I hope she does :heart:

#103 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

So tonight I went to see dark star. Well at one point I was surrounded by hot girls and I really mean surrounded. I looked at this one girl she smiled. I smiled back. She said hello, I said hello back. She said are you haveing a good night, I said yes and she grabbed me and started making out with me.

What the I was thinking. She said I just wanted to kiss you. we talked for a few she gave me her number told me to call her and walked off. 15mins later she came back with with stella for me. we talked, danced then the show ended. We said good night.

All I can say is wow that never happened to me before. I mean this smoking hot girl just connected with me out of nothing.

So tomorrow night I'll see her again at DSO giggy giggy.

#104 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,762 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

way to go, joe! :dance:

#105 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:06 PM

That's awesome Joe !

#106 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:17 PM

Talk about random things that never happen to me. Even got a good morning txt saying I enjoyed spending time with you last night, looking forward to tonight.

#107 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 07:13 PM

Gotta love a girl that see's what she wants and takes it :) Sounds like she has a sense of humor too...and good taste in music.

#108 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

yeah so she wound up being a complete flake. I guess meeting a girl when your drunk always puts a different perspective on connecting with someone. But I will say this much sober she looked hot so my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

#109 Jersey Thug

Jersey Thug
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:46 PM

maybe she really did just want to kiss you. :lol:

some people do that at shows, i guess. over the years i've had a few random stranger-type guys (and a couple of girls) introduce themselves and say something like 'you have a great vibe/smile/lips... would it be okay if i kissed you?'

when i smile and decline they just dance on. :boogie: once i saw the guy using the same line on someone else a little while later :lol: usually though i think it's just a random connection made.

one time i said no, but she looked sad after so i kissed her anyway to bring her smile back :)

#110 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 02:13 AM

I'd look at it this way....she made you feel good and you don't have to worry about her making you feel bad :) and she was hot :funny1:

#111 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 November 2009 - 01:09 PM

I'd look at it this way....she made you feel good and you don't have to worry about her making you feel bad :) and she was hot :funny1:

This is true and it was a little bit of a confidence booster.

#112 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:54 AM

hell yeah.. I got a kiss blown to me from a car the other day from a hottie, and THAT was a booster.. you got the real thing baby! way to go!! good for you :)

I do have to add, okcupid.com has boosted my game! :dance: Had an online date today that worked into the evening and will continue tomorrow.. I LIKE HER!! :) It could be she's the first I met, but she is sweet! yay for online dating

#113 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'm enjoying some of it. I'm brushing up on my talking skills....like it's not good to laugh when people tell you what they really look like :spank:

I still don't have a date (solidified) , it took me a week to get this one girls phone number...the one I want to call....others just give their number before a name :lol:

#114 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,951 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 03:08 PM

Geez, I'd go on a date, all you had to do was ask. :spank:

#115 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 04:07 PM

right? I was doing some meaningless chat thinking it would be that way til a girl was comfortable with me prob not being a creep (you never know til you really meet) but instead I just bit it, and straight asked a few out. Worked out!

I have female friends on these things, the number of messages they get is crazy

#116 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

Who knew it was that easy ???? :rose:

#117 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,951 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:29 PM

Are you calling me easy? :eek:

#118 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:32 PM

:monkey:

#119 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,451 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:46 PM

Are you calling me easy? :eek:

Would you rather he call you Sunday morning? ;)

#120 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:54 PM

I have been successful, Found someone that I am really digging on Okcupid...

#121 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,951 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:40 PM

Would you rather he call you Sunday morning? ;)

I'd rather he be making me breakfast at that time. :wink:

#122 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

So last night was a interesting night. Well I met up with this girl that I met the first weekend here in DC. She calls me last week saying she wanted to see me again. Well the conversation through the week lead to the point of she really liked me and thought we were a good match. I mean conversation just flowed between us. I could tell there really was something positive between us.

So last night we met up at a Moroccan Restaurant. Things went great, we talked about future fun things to do, she held my hand, and even got nice good bye kiss. So here I was thinking everything went really well.

Well I get a txt message when she got home saying that she wasn't interested in being more then friends and doesn't want to date right now. Mean while all last week she telling me shes happy she met me that I'm a good guy with a good heart. That I was what she was looking for, for a relationship. She wants to be with me.

I mean that's fine if shes not interested but don't lead me on. To top it off don't make an effort to hold my hand and then proceed to make out with me.
:joker:

#123 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

women R [IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:0LuCsgDzkKnDUM:http://weblogs.cltv.com/features/health/livinghealthy/nuts.jpg[/IMG]

#124 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

Brah, you totally got custeed, brah. She wanted some free makin' out and dinner. Told you what you needed to hear, then told you the truth after.
It happens all the time meow. Trick is to not be so interested in them. That way, you actually drive the car instead of going along for the ride.

All the same, enjoy what you get!

:wink:

#125 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 04:18 PM

women R [IMG]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:0LuCsgDzkKnDUM:http://weblogs.cltv.com/features/health/livinghealthy/nuts.jpg[/IMG]

More importantly, this.

#126 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:40 PM

Lol yep they can be nuts and I guess I did get "custeed" aka "played". But like I said moving on not a big deal. Just annoyed.

Doesn't the saying go There all nuts but once you find the one you can deal with your set.

#127 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:59 PM

nuts if fine, its the violently psychotic I need to avoid :shocked:

#128 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

nuts if fine, its the violently psychotic I need to avoid :shocked:

That makes two of us. But i'm not going to devulge any details.
As a great boardie once said..."BATSHIT CRAZY"....

#129 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:08 PM

Lol yep they can be nuts and I guess I did get "custeed" aka "played". But like I said moving on not a big deal. Just annoyed.

Doesn't the saying go There all nuts but once you find the one you can deal with your set.

I wonder if you played it off like you didn't want a relationship, you might be balls deep right now.. :eek: Still f-ed on her part.

I'm online dating right now, so far so good. I'd need my own thread to even get started on the situation.. overall, going great though!

#130 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

I wonder if you played it off like you didn't want a relationship, you might be balls deep right now.. :eek: Still f-ed on her part.

I'm online dating right now, so far so good. I'd need my own thread to even get started on the situation.. overall, going great though!

I definitely let her know if things worked out I would have like to date her and see where it lead. I mean you never know, but she seemed like a great girl to at least give it a shot. Yep I was wrong.

#131 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 08:50 PM

I'm dating this awesome girl who "doesn't want to be in a relationship" so.... then.. neither do I!! I figure if you spend enough time with someone, taking it super slow like nothings gonna happen, somethings gonna happen...... just not jumping right into bed, which is working pefectly.. mwahaha .. for now :lol:

#132 Janine H

Janine H
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hmmm this is interesting :coffee:

#133 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:30 AM

Hmmm this is interesting :coffee:

lol yeah its become the bitching about dating thread.

#134 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 04:25 AM

This is awesome, I haven't even met this chick yet but have a lunch with her this Thursday.. and a tentative 2nd date already lined up in case it works out.. her companys xmas party at the Hyatt downtown.. partying and drinking till sunrise!! she needs a date... BOOO YAAAHH!! :dance:

#135 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:20 PM

This is awesome, I haven't even met this chick yet but have a lunch with her this Thursday.. and a tentative 2nd date already lined up in case it works out.. her companys xmas party at the Hyatt downtown.. partying and drinking till sunrise!! she needs a date... BOOO YAAAHH!! :dance:

Ohh you haven't even had a inperson meeting yet. The first date is the hardest part. It's like they prep you up and you do sort of yourself about how its going to work, no reason why it wouldn't since we get along personality wise, then poof your high and dry.

#136 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

you know what I've been doing thats been working well, is first stage messaging on the dating site.. basic exchanges, do that like 2 or 3 x.. then work towards friending them on Facebook.. that will give you much better insight to who this person really is. Next stage, set up a time to chat on AOL IM or on Facebook chat.. Once I am done with that, I feel like I know how a date might go and whether this person is worth my time anyway.

The email messaging is too slow and doesn't give you any real feel for this persons responses and personality. Chat is much better for that. So this way, I don't exactly feel like its a first date.. a little bit more casual bc you now know alot about this person from the chat! It adds more excitement to the date bc you've already invested time in the other person, and if you're meeting after that time investment you probably really think there could be a connection... F that girl who you saw last week. Move on!! :wink:

I just think about the reasons these girls are on there.. prob similar to mine.. bored of their social network, new to town, just want to meet people, etc.. (or some of them are plain evil and want free meals or a cheap f@ck..) they are probably getting a lot of messages and also going on a few dates.. I just keep that in mind so I know I don't get my heart locked up in any of them! Just have fun, and be the guy she's gonna wanna see again!!

#137 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

I definitly agree with the IM part and befriending them on facebook. I tried the email thing becuase this girl didn't use IM. I mean seriously who doesn't use IM. It got really annoying sending emails back an forth. Nothing better then instant communication.

But I found even though i may have followed the same steps as you things have still been disasterious. Personally, I am the same way I am in person as I am online. In the negative cases the girl wasn't, even to the point where the pictures online didn't reflex correctly the way the girl really looked.

Basically I'm saying it's hit or miss. Your right with chatting before you can get a general feel for things. But in the end you never know.

#138 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:05 PM

I must butt in, or buttinski. That's mr. buttinski to you!
Seriously though, the reason the entire thing is a farce to me is exactly what you two are going on about. It's more like an experiment in dating rather than getting to know someone. I skipped ALL the internet activity if i was interested in someone and moved directly to meeting them in person. For a drink, coffee, something with an easy exit on it in the event it was a total mess.
I mean, why on earth would you want to chat someone up online endlessly before you meet?
Ultimately, you can have all kinds of things in common, chat easily and freely and in the end there is no chemistry on one side or the other..or both.

I try and take the social/romantic experiment equation out of it immediately. You should have some kind of idea about someone by their "profile" anyway. Say hi, begin conversation and try and move it to a real life setting. if there is no interest in that, i would move on immediately.

Then again, listening to me isn't advised. i'm a horendous "dating/relationship" failure. But I've learned a lot along the way!
:wink:

#139 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

Very true.. you kinda have to wonder too, WHY she's on the dating site.. I try to figure that question out as quick as I can.. If we have similar reasons for using it, then thats cool. I find it unbelievable some of the girls on these things.. some have been members of the site for years. red flag! any chick with no photos or 1-3 photos, also a bit of a red flag. I want to be able to look on Facebook through her albums. If we are in an age of everything being online, than lets see it! I will offer my stuff first, like I have an album on Snapfish with highlights from a big trip I took.. I'll email that first to open the gate.. Then I think it's only fair that she give you an equal look into her life.

As far as IM goes, there is no excuse. You can go to aol.com and without even downloading, use the feature. Thats what I do! I would almost make a rule, no chat, no date. No 3+ photos, no date. Don't waste your time. I have also skipped chat and gone right to phone conversation with someone. I was able to avoid wasting time and money on a date just by talking to this chick, she sounded horrible on the phone. The site is called "plenty of fish" for a reason!! The other one I like is okcupid, but I'm sure there's lots of others.

Don't give up.. there are a lot of success storys out there!!

#140 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:14 PM

I try and take the social/romantic experiment equation out of it immediately. You should have some kind of idea about someone by their "profile" anyway. Say hi, begin conversation and try and move it to a real life setting. if there is no interest in that, i would move on immediately.

At the same time, think about the resources that go into setting up and going on a worthless date. Your time, money and energy is zapped. I would rather use my "free time" to decide out of ALL of these potential girls, who would I want to go out with. Just because someone is willing to meet in real life, doesn't make me jump at the opportunity

You are right when you say it's an experiment in dating.. I've never really dated, so I find this enlightening and fun.. at the least, I get out of the house, or better yet make a new friend.. or the best possibility, I connect

#141 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:41 PM

At the same time, think about the resources that go into setting up and going on a worthless date. Your time, money and energy is zapped. I would rather use my "free time" to decide out of ALL of these potential girls, who would I want to go out with. Just because someone is willing to meet in real life, doesn't make me jump at the opportunity

You are right when you say it's an experiment in dating.. I've never really dated, so I find this enlightening and fun.. at the least, I get out of the house, or better yet make a new friend.. or the best possibility, I connect

I suppose it's all in ones perspective.
I don't think an initial meeting from someone online has to be all formal and planned heavily. A drink in a bar or a what not is a sufficient amount to see if it's a time waster.

Chatting online, sharing photos...on and on. All fine and good, but a HUGE time waster IMO if when you meet, there is nothing there. I would much rather meet, see if there is anything to it, and go from there. So I guess my frame of mind is in reverse to you...

But happy dating!

I gave up on it anyway. But it's still fun discussion.

#142 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

I know those websites and unfortunately I am also on them at the moment. I figure its worth a shot yeah know?

I like your rule of thumb. Its true in this day and age there is no reason why a person can't at the very least communicate over the internet let alone have an update picture.

#143 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:50 PM

Chatting online, sharing photos...on and on. All fine and good, but a HUGE time waster IMO if when you meet, there is nothing there. I would much rather meet, see if there is anything to it, and go from there. So I guess my frame of mind is in reverse to you...

I guess I have a little more free time than you, so it's not a big deal to me. I would certainly like to replace the time I spend chatting by actually BEING with someone!! Certainly doesn't happen overnight!

one other thought, during the chat I learn things about them that become very helpful conversation pieces during the first date.. everyones got a different game I guess

#144 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

Chatting online, sharing photos...on and on. All fine and good, but a HUGE time waster IMO if when you meet, there is nothing there. I would much rather meet, see if there is anything to it, and go from there. So I guess my frame of mind is in reverse to you..

I agree with that to a point. I have to say initially its a good idea to chat online to get a feel if its even worth your time meeting the person. After we both feel comfortable to meet, I like to meet within a week or two. If its a prolonged meeting time in person then most likely it's never going to happen.

#145 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 11:35 PM

I had my first date from singlesnet today. We only talked once or twice on the site, then twice on the phone,very briefly. I think I was lucky, it was a good first date.
We had a nice lunch. It was a very casual, relaxed meeting. I had fun :)

#146 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:05 PM

sweet! second date plans??

Depending on the situation, I'd plan one for weekend or early next week!! don't wait too long

#147 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

singlesnet?

Is that like Match.com?

#148 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,118 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:24 PM

No second date plans made yet...but she said to call if she dosn't :) I would like to see her again.

I'm working on a date with someone else for the weekend.

I would not recommend singlesnet.com ...the website sucks, but they do a good job on getting rid of the fakes.

#149 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:26 PM

awesome. lets get an update later! this is fun fellas!! :mrgreen: I'll have LOTS more to share next week.. :pimp:

#150 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:51 PM

Unfortunately I don't have anything to share. Maybe after Phish on Saturday I'll have a story. It seems that girls who like good music are pretty friendly down here, so skys the limit.