1031 replies to this topic

#1001 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:56 PM

anyone try POF? Plenty of Fish?

Yep, personally I think it's a waste of time. OKCupid is better as free dating sites go. It's closer to the match website format as you can get.

#1002 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I have been too busy lately to think about dating . I went to my first show in a month ...it had been even longer since I'd seen that girl. She was looking really fine....... I had to bite my tongue but let her know how I thought she looked in those jeans :clap:

Now I just need a cold shower :dinner1:

#1003 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

have had some encouraging conversations with the girl I was talking about in my previous post :)

Still have to nail down when we are going to meet, but we both want to

#1004 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

So the girl who I was sort of seeing because a flake as I thought she might be. Her true colors showed. Plus I refuse to chase a girl when to be honest she doesn't seem worth it. I need a little response chasing back. It's not a one way thing in my book. So yeah, NEXT!!!!!!

On a side note a little story for all of you.

This past weekend I went up to Philly to see some friends and just get away to help clear my mind. Well I took amtrak up. I sat down in my seat and this beautiful girl sit's next to me. Yep of coarse I checked her out. Anyways as soon as she sits down we start talking. next thing I know we are already to Baltimore and she is putting away her book to continue talking to me. We really hit off well. It felt like I was in a movie and this was that wow moment when that good guy your all rooting for finally meets that one. Anyways through conversation I assumed that she was also going to Philly. Boy was I wrong and this where I had a major fail. So here we were connecting have a great time talking and we pull into Wilmington. The train is about to leave the station and she says oh no, this my stop, I have to go, and dash's away off the train. Major fail on my part. I never got a chance to get her number. I was kicking myself. I hope I run into her again one day but chances are I won't. Even though the chances are slim I will run into her again, because she lives in DC there is that chance.

#1005 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

joe .. that's so romantic!! serendipity ;)

jwheelz .. very cool on the getting to know you slowly thing :D

#1006 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

So with all my searching, I think I found a nice fit. For once I found someone that we equally feel "this feel like no effort, lets have fun see where it goes". Through conversations and as soon as we met, we just clicked. I'm not trying to get a head of myself but this girl is leading towards a potential relationship. What I like about her among other things, is her strait forwardness. There are no games between us. We both feel exactly the same way about each other and know it. I hope this works out but if it doesn't oh well.

#1007 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Have fun Joe while you get to know her ;) ...if she really is a straight shooter time will tell

#1008 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 01 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Have fun Joe while you get to know her ;) ...if she really is a straight shooter time will tell

That's the plan, time will only tell. But so far so, so good.

#1009 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!! And NEXT! Yep, we hit a point of differences in personality that we realized almost at the same time it wasn't going to work between us. No harm, no worries, at least in my book I see it that way.

#1010 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:39 PM

I'm impressed Joe....if I had been trying as hard as you, I'm sure I would have given up already. I think odds are in your favor my friend.

I'm still turned off on dating. I'm waiting for things to line up and then I'll be ready :jumping:

#1011 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

I'm impressed Joe....if I had been trying as hard as you, I'm sure I would have given up already. I think odds are in your favor my friend. I'm still turned off on dating. I'm waiting for things to line up and then I'll be ready :jumping:

The way I see it is, finding that right long lasting fit is like looking for a job. You have to put your self out there and give it your all. The difference now and compared to the past is I'm looking more for girl that can potentially be long term, not some one for short term or a hook up. Hook ups are easy and so is short term dating. It's finding that keeper that fits me right and that takes a bit more work. I know eventually someone girl will come walking in my life unexpected. In the mean time I just need to keep my eyes open.

#1012 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Joe... you will find her! :thumbup:

#1013 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

So luck has really been turning to my direction lately. I got a kick ass new job and met a great girl. Instant connection from date one on both parts. Even though I know this is only 3 weeks in we've had a really awesome time together so far. She is really a great girl. Funny, witty, career driven, successful, positive happy personality, super affectionate with me, big heart, etc... the list goes on. The only differences we have so far is our music tastes. She is more a country music fan and I can't stand country music for the most part. She does have an open mind to music so I think I can influence her. Beyond that everything else so far seems really perfect. I really like we are both on the same level of what we are looking to find and with our careers. It also helps our growing up background is very similar even though she grew up in LA.

I know I've gotten excited before but this one seems a whole lot different in a positive way. Instant mutual connection and attraction is very strong thing.

#1014 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

hope it works out for you! :)

#1015 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,142 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

So luck has really been turning to my direction lately. I got a kick ass new job and met a great girl. Instant connection from date one on both parts. Even though I know this is only 3 weeks in we've had a really awesome time together so far. She is really an awesome girl. Funny, witty, career driven, successful, positive happy personality, super affectionate with me, big heart, etc... the list goes on. The only differences we have so far is our music tastes. She is more a country music fan and I can't stand country music for the most part. She does have an open mind to music so I think I can influence her. Beyond that everything else so far seems really perfect. I really like we are both on the same level of what we are looking to find and with our careers. It also helps our growing up background is very similar even though she grew up in LA.

I know I've gotten excited before but this one seems a whole lot different in a positive way. Instant mutual connection and attraction is very strong thing.

:catbeepuke:

:funny1:

#1016 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

hope it works out for you! :)

Thanks!!! I hope so also. Only time will tell.

:catbeepuke:

:funny1:

Yeah yeah yeah I know!!!!

#1017 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

Update!!! Update!!! Update!!! As of last night with this new girl we decided to become exclusive with each other. After 4 weeks of knowing each other we've been really happy spending time together and over all it has been a really good time. 1 month of knowing someone isn't much on the scale of time but over all I'm feeling really good about how things are going.

#1018 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,142 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

:)

#1019 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

as of today it is 5 months...

#1020 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

Rock on Joe :) Nice to see you around motti....glad things are good !

I'm still not into the internet dating.... I've been kind of lazy about the whole thing lately.

#1021 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

congrats to those who've had success... for me personally:

Meh...

I'm maintaining profiles and such but I'm really not willing to take the trouble to go out of my way trying to meet people through these sites... maybe in the future if I feel it's worth it... still have very intermittent contact with the one person I've mentioned on here... but that doesn't really involve a dating site anymore... I've just been going out and having fun and have met more people that way than I ever have via online dating just in the last few weeks alone, so I'm pretty content with that for now :)

#1022 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,671 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

congrats to those who've had success... for me personally:

Meh...

I'm maintaining profiles and such but I'm really not willing to take the trouble to go out of my way trying to meet people through these sites... maybe in the future if I feel it's worth it... still have very intermittent contact with the one person I've mentioned on here... but that doesn't really involve a dating site anymore... I've just been going out and having fun and have met more people that way than I ever have via online dating just in the last few weeks alone, so I'm pretty content with that for now :)

Never fear Jwheelz I found you the perfect girl
Posted Image

#1023 deadandgrateful

deadandgrateful
  • VibeTribe
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

oh shes a looker :pimp:

#1024 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

WOW she looks like a winner!!! Go for it Jwheelz!!!! lol

Rock on Joe :)

I'm still not into the internet dating.... I've been kind of lazy about the whole thing lately.

Thanks, and I was a bit persistent on finding someone. I treated it like a job, I figured my number would come up eventually, but wow too many fails to get to a good one. Like I said before finding someone hook up with is one thing but actually finding someone who has potential for something more takes a bit bore effort. Sometimes it falls in our laps :devileatout: but most the time, especially for me it takes some sorting to find the good ones that fit in the mold.

#1025 Airiq

Airiq
  • VibeTribe
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTransiant

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thank you for sharing your stories... I have tried POF, Match, OKQupid (I'm a moderator) and EHarmoney. I am with a friend of mine writing about all the really horrible dates we've been on from the eyes of both genders.. It's actually turning out to be a fun project.

Anyways, I've met some great but mostly immature overly emotional people who were unable to maintain a relationship in the first place. I think both men and women should be made to see a Dr. and a Phyc to identify if they can and or should date. The Dr. and phyc can then discuss the site appropriate for each individual. :)

So, to the point. I have found that a great number of the individuals on these sites are on these sites for one of two reasons/expectations. To be blunt people join these sites for Sex (Fling, one nighter) or Marriage (The One, Forever). Now when I say this please don't instantly assume the men are all seeking sex and the women marriage because this is not the case. I can reference a few stories of my own... but there are a few of us that don't fit in societies mold, us grasshoppers, square pegs that haven't the interest in materials or social economic goals.

I'm looking for a woman who can jump off the bow into the ocean everyday with a bar of soap (some shaving is still required), who isn't interested in a big car, house or well paying career. someone who wants to spend the summer months in Tortola and the winter in the canaries...
This woman isn't on any of the fore mentioned sites...

Please help...

--Airiq

#1026 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Posted Image

:eek:

#1027 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

as of today it is 6 happy months with my lady love.
okcupid got one right :-)

#1028 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,879 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

:heart: :heart:

#1029 Nuthatch

Nuthatch
  • VibeTribe
  • 641 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:56 PM

Posted Image

This may be difficult. It appears that she already has good wood.

#1030 Geminimoon

Geminimoon
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

My housemate just signed up for OK Cupid.....

She is so picky that I told her she should look into eharmony or match.com to have a better filtering process.

She came home from a date last night and wasn't happy... he apparently wasn't anything like he described himself as. :lol: shocker!

#1031 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

I'm picky too.....and I know exactly what just a face shot means :wacko: I don't have the time to filter thru all the crap, maybe I'm just lazy.

I'm starting to think about dating again. I'm realizing that other things are not going to pan out and I just can't seem meet anyone. I don't hangout in bars, when I do it's for music and I know most of those folks already. Not that there aren't one or two of those friends I would be interested in.......but close to home would be better.

I may try the internet again if I get desperate.

#1032 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,865 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

I poke around still on POF & OKC....  Ima hafta gain a lot of weight it appears.