• Please log in to reply
1031 replies to this topic

#51 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:11 AM

I met a girl on okcupid about two years ago; she wasn't a weirdo. I met one from a different site many years ago, and she turned about to be insane. :eek:

#52 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

Yeah, her name is Katrina and she is twenty. She sent me some pictures and she wants to get together :lmao:

let me guess, all that is required of you is to send the money for her to get this plane ticket to some and see you... and....

#53 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:40 PM

let me guess, all that is required of you is to send the money for her to get this plane ticket to some and see you... and....

There has been no mention of money.....yet :rolleyes: and she says she near New Haven

I'm a noob at this but it has all the signs of being some sort of scam....

I'll play along..... :spank:

#54 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:14 PM

tread with caution, protect your kidney. See a tubful of ice, haul ass. :funny1:

#55 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Never thought of that :eek: , but then again I only have one organ on mind :devil:

#56 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:16 PM

I don't know what it is but I really haven't had any luck with dating sites. I know its not me but I feel meeting girls through friends has worked best for me.

#57 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:38 PM

I think if my friends knew someone good for me we would have hooked up already. I have been some what shy about dating localy. I'm thankfull for this place :heart:

#58 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:09 PM

tread with caution, protect your kidney. See a tubful of ice, haul ass. :funny1:

:lol:

#59 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:41 PM

I think if my friends knew someone good for me we would have hooked up already. I have been some what shy about dating localy. I'm thankfull for this place :heart:

True, True. In general this site has been good to a lot of people with finding like minded partners oddly enough. Who would have thought people meeting through a festival website has lead to people getting married.

#60 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:03 PM

This place treated me pretty well :mrgreen:

#61 YogaMermaid

YogaMermaid
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:21 PM

From my experience when I was single...dating websites were interesting but not beneficial. I met tons of people, and even become a date-a-holic. It got to the point though that I realized the substance of each relationship, and how much pressure there is being that you are meeting on a 'forced' agreement, rather than something natural.

It's funny b/c my friends always nudged me and said I need to meet a nice guy who isn't from the city, and who is from the same scene.

I've been with him for over a year now, and I love him more and more each day.

:heart:

Better to go natural when it comes to your heart, and not support a website that profits from your networking.

#62 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:42 PM

I'm learning as I go. A natural progression definatly feels best. I'm at a point that is no where near desperate right now but I have no prospects. Trying to drum some up is my only option. What's a good beat ? :monkey:

#63 YogaMermaid

YogaMermaid
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:44 PM

The beat of your heart :heart:

I finally found my love after I stopped looking.
Everything fell into place naturally.

#64 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:49 PM

I got that thing chained up some where :funny1: It keeps trying to get the best of me :joker:

#65 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:03 PM

I really wounder if the dating sites do help. I fell sometimes to meet like minded people around you, any bit helps. I'm open to how ever I may meet Miss Right. When ever that will happen.

#66 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

I'm certainly not going to pay any site and while answering fake twenty year olds on craigslist might be fun, I won't find lasting love there.

Meeting someone new naturally takes work and you have to seize the moment. There have been a couple moments over the past two years that I let pass for various reasons. I regret that now and won't let it happen again.

#67 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:42 PM

There have been a couple moments over the past two years that I let pass for various reasons. I regret that now and won't let it happen again.

I hear you there....

likewise.

#68 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

There have been a couple moments over the past two years that I let pass for various reasons. I regret that now and won't let it happen again.

Yep there has been for me too but I ended or passed because of good solid reasons. Now I look back on it I still feel it was for the better.

#69 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 28,088 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:45 PM

I hear you there....

likewise.

Yeah, I did that too.

All I can say now is that timing is everything!! :thumbup:

#70 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:06 AM

Yup....Katrina or Kristina was a scammer. She asked me to verify that I wasn't a creep on a website where I just had to put my personal info and my credit card to verify whatever.....on the site she was listed as Kristina ,wearing a t-shirt I could not read :joker:

Whatever....there I said it :rolleyes:

#71 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,988 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

I met a couple of nice people through craigslist, years ago. my ad was basically a list of the bands I like, copied from my myspace profile. :lol:

re: timing
my stepmother met my dad when he was 34 w/a 3-year-old and she was 24. She wasn't ready to date a guy w/a kid. they met again 10 years later, and she was.

#72 BoggleKng

BoggleKng
  • VibeTribe
  • 906 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:24 AM

eharmony I heard isnt bad but you got to pay $$$$

#73 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 01:30 PM

Yup....Katrina or Kristina was a scammer. She asked me to verify that I wasn't a creep on a website where I just had to put my personal info and my credit card to verify whatever.....on the site she was listed as Kristina ,wearing a t-shirt I could not read :joker:

Whatever....there I said it :rolleyes:

So, yesterday for shits n gigs, I posted an ad, to measure FAKE vs REAL responses...and maybe to meet a kind mama.

The Tally so far, much to my detriment LOL....

12 replys since 3pm yesterday

8 completely FAKE
4 Real, of those;
2 Viable.

#74 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Sounds like you did good. I have not consider placing an add myself.

Viable is good
wait for germination

#75 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:42 PM

Being relatively new to this area, outside of those who live a fair distance away, I've few people to just "hang out" with.... so that'd work too :smile:

but I'm not much of a "weeknight" barfly.... either... (I'm all or nuthin :lol: )

#76 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

i've never had any luck with dating websites .. i tried them years ago, seemed like they were full of serial daters and cheating spouses

#77 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

Maybe try this?

http://www.gathering...isplay.php?f=47

#78 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:24 PM

This is a great place to meet/hook up with folks. But there are reasons not to date people here. It's a dilemma :huh: Besides, I think anyone who is paying attention knows who is looking :monkey:

#79 Ginger Snap

Ginger Snap
  • VibeTribe
  • 12,724 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 01:38 PM

Whatever you do, don't bother with any of the 'boardie singles' threads, those just turn into orgies.

#80 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:47 PM

Where do I sign up ? Cause I didn't see that thread :clapping:

#81 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

k awesome, can't wait :) But before we go out I have to ask you to sign up on this site http://secretdates.us/ktina86 . They check to make sure that you're not a creeper or like on parole or anything. My profile is private but if you sign up on my page it'll add you and you'll have access to my phone number. Be sure to give me a call if you sign up ; )

Lol and please don't get mad. I wanna meet you but I need to know that I'm safe, I hope you understand Soo I won't be responding to anymore emails, only phone calls :-P hope I hear from you soon!

muah <3

Kristina

Hi

Thank you for reply.

Please look at my pictures at http://xrl.us/bf3dee and contact me via that page

:rockon:

#82 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 06:22 PM

since I last posted above, I've gotten 2 more real replies and about 10-15 more like you just showed :lol:

#83 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:46 PM

I did the website dating thing. I met a bunch of train wrecks, some nice girls I just didnt click with and had ONE awesome girl that I dated for about 2 months.

In the end, it all seemed like a waste of time and energy.

#84 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:26 AM

Besides, I think anyone who is paying attention knows who is looking :monkey:

Not necessarily :devil:
As a matter of fact, I can't tell from one minute to the next who is dating someone and who isn't...

#85 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:13 AM

^ You're right. You can't pay attention to everyone or read every post. People lives change, some talk about it and some don't.

I'll post it right here :heartflag: I'm single and looking for a date :wink1: but I won't be asking here....so you will have make the first move :huh:

#86 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 04:16 AM

One of those scammers got me to sign up on singlesnet.com. It's free and you can message people that are premium members. It's better than craigslist already :)

#87 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 09:41 AM

u try okcupid? its one of the few seemingly truly fully free sites out there.... so barring the silly name, worth a shot.

#88 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 12:16 PM

I'll check it out :)

This is taking up a whole bunch of time and energy. I hope I meet someone before I give up.

#89 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:20 PM

I've come to accept I will likely come across my new darlin in the most unusual of ways....

#90 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 November 2009 - 02:47 PM

I've come to accept I will likely come across my new darlin in the most unusual of ways....

You really never know when or how you will meet that right person. Lets face it with the addition of technology into the game its made it a little bit easier trying to find someone who might actually mesh well with you instead of some random at the bar.

#91 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 03:38 PM

:funny1: I become smitten virtually every morning on the train.... but don't know how to politely tell someone to remove their EarBuds so I can hit on them. :dunno:

#92 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, the only place I meet new women other than concerts is at work. You have to be very careful with flirting or asking customers out. I guess I'm one step ahead cause I always get their number :funny1: :lmao:

I have only asked out one person I met at work and it was sort of funny. I hooked up her phone when she moved in. She seemed interesting but I was married at the time. The next time I met her I was fixing her phone and no longer married.Like two days after that I repaired her mothers phone.I asked her mom a few questions about her and she told me I should call her. We went on one date, have not seen her since.

#93 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 12 November 2009 - 06:33 PM

Yeah, the only place I meet new women other than concerts is at work. You have to be very careful with flirting or asking customers out. I guess I'm one step ahead cause I always get their number :funny1: :lmao:

I have only asked out one person I met at work and it was sort of funny. I hooked up her phone when she moved in. She seemed interesting but I was married at the time. The next time I met her I was fixing her phone and no longer married.Like two days after that I repaired her mothers phone.I asked her mom a few questions about her and she told me I should call her. We went on one date, have not seen her since.

I've always avoided trying to date women at work. I feel that if it doesn't work out then it can lead to unprofessional situation that could potentially get someone fired. Then again I've never met anyone who I connected with that way at work.

Actually there was one girl who worked in Cali that I use to talk to all the time. I had to do some support for her, and as we were talking we connected. Even now we still shoot emails back and forth. It was to bad she lived in Cali.

#94 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,869 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:06 PM

speaking of work and women, how do I politely tell the intern those frigging jeans are driving me haywire :drool:

#95 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 08:24 PM

I've always avoided trying to date women at work. I feel that if it doesn't work out then it can lead to unprofessional situation that could potentially get someone fired. Then again I've never met anyone who I connected with that way at work.

I was talking about women I meet when I'm at work, not women I work with. I stay away from that also.

#96 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

^ You're right. You can't pay attention to everyone or read every post. People lives change, some talk about it and some don't.
Some are even advised not to...
I'll post it right here :heartflag: I'm single and looking for a date :wink1: but I won't be asking here....so you will have make the first move :huh:

How about some fast facts for the ladies??
Age/Likes/Dislikes/Favorite Sexual Position sort of thing :naughty:

:funny1: I become smitten virtually every morning on the train.... but don't know how to politely tell someone to remove their EarBuds so I can hit on them. :dunno:

My guess is that's probably why she has the earbuds in...So she doesn't get hit on by random dudes on her way to work every morning :funny1:
Besides, she doesn't know your pussylicking rep...Maybe you should get a resume going and just hand it to her one morning...Complete w.detailed references :thumbsup:

speaking of work and women, how do I politely tell the intern those frigging jeans are driving me haywire :drool:

You don't silly...You sit back and enjoy the view and thank whatever god you believe in for providing it to you :mrgreen:

#97 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:21 AM

How about some fast facts for the ladies??
Age/Likes/Dislikes/Favorite Sexual Position sort of thing :naughty:

43almost/music/mean people/I'm flexible

#98 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:31 AM

I payed the money.....so I should start racking in the doe with all them hoes I'm pimping on these dating sites :lmao:

I bit the bullet and signed up for a month. It is working out great so far.(except I have a serious crick in my neck from sitting in front of the computer). No dates yet but I have had lots of interest. Now I can send to anyone and anyone can talk to me free.

#99 FreeAsABird

FreeAsABird
  • VibeTribe
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:45 AM

43almost/music/mean people/I'm flexible

I payed the money.....so I should start racking in the doe with all them hoes I'm pimping on these dating sites :lmao:

I bit the bullet and signed up for a month. It is working out great so far.(except I have a serious crick in my neck from sitting in front of the computer). No dates yet but I have had lots of interest. Now I can send to anyone and anyone can talk to me free.

Yeah, I imagine someone who is 43, with a body that looks 23, would be in high demand :drool:

Aaaaaaaanyway...Good luck with that whole thing...I've never actually been on a dating website, but it is probably kind of nice to get to w eed through people before deciding who you would like to actually meet...

So...43 almost...Which makes your sign?? Scorpio?? Sagi??

Edited by FreeAsABird, 13 November 2009 - 04:45 AM.
seriously?? w eed through? context folks...context...

#100 cdrhead

cdrhead
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,141 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:31 AM

:blush: Thanks

I thought it was funny on that site...when you first go to it you put your zipcode in and it pops up with a bunch of pictures of "people" near you....they are all perfect. As soon as you sign up and see the real pictures suddenly all the beautiful people are gone and its real life :eek:

Thanks, it's been interesting so far.I do have a few very attractive women to chase after and I get to laugh at the funny pictures (35...I thought you were 60 :bang: )

......Scorpio