Indie Bride

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

So, my friend recommended that I check out the message boards on Indiebride.com (the "kvetch" section) and i'm freaking ADDICTED :) so far just lurking but i love reading peoples' stories and seeing pictures and getting ideas!!

One thing I read that sounds totally awesome is the idea of planting a tree as part of the ceremony. We are already considering having our ceremony at an arboretum near my parents' house, where we had one of our first dates... I spent a lot of time there w/ friends in high school, and it's a beautiful place, so it feels right. I think i'm going to call the park office to inquire about having a ceremony there... and if possible, maybe work in the idea of planting a tree if it's ok with them. I would also love to have someone plant a tree in Israel (ever since I was a kid we were always sending money to this foundation that planted trees in Israel...we are both Jewish so it would be a way to tip our hats to our families and heritage) and somehow tie that into the ceremony as well.

#2 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 09:05 PM

The more you look, the more ideas you get. Be careful, you'll get sucked in REAL quick. :lol:

#3 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:05 AM

<---sucked in :)

#4 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:14 AM

awww.. Let yourself be. It's such an amazing thing to do, plan your own wedding that is. Nothing else like it in the whole wide world Randy.

Anything yet? color schemes? Location ideas? Anything?

#5 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:32 AM

we are actually considering a place in *cringe* new jersey, bc my dad has access to this huge facility on the weekends-for free- and it actually fits what we're looking for, functionally. i would prefer to be in the woods in the Catskills but if it works, it works. there's also an arboretum a few min from there that has a special place in my heart, where perhaps we could have the ceremony.

i have SO many ideas about the ceremony & the weekend in general... haven't really started to think about things like food yet (mostly because i know when i get to that stage, it's gonna take hours and hours to decide on what kind of food we want/what caterer to go with, etc... food is very important in our lives :D :D :D)

haven't thought about stuff like colors/flowers, invites, etc., at all bc, really, meh. i know whatever we choose will be fun. it's a minor detail at this point.

really i've been focused on WHERE... have spent tons of time trolling websites... emailing vendors...

also pouring tons of thought into the ceremony... music... vows... cheesy shit like that :)

oh and i have no idea what kind of dress i want, but i really like this one i just saw on some wedding blog (SOO SUCKED IN!! hahahahaha):

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:44 AM

That is so you.

See, I had my color schemes since I was a little girl. Toddy wouldn't let me have the yellow though because his school was Purple and Yellow.

#7 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

hehe. i never thought i'd be so into this shit.

while i'm still kind of disillusioned w/ the whole ridiculous wedding industry, i really want there to be special touches that make this day OURS.

#8 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:46 AM

Thats EXACTLY what we wanted and did. I said there is no way I want a wedding unless it's THIS way. ANd then we made it happen. We knew exactly what needed to be done.

#9 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 02:57 AM

I can't wait to hear all your plans unfold Randster.

#10 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

oh, it's gonna be epic :D

#11 mamapajama

mamapajama
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

I love that dress for you...especially the top part. :)

#12 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:19 PM

you should also try the offbeat bribes. they are awesome!

#13 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:24 PM

Ok, Randy? I have a box of stuff here. A fancy wedding pen, and guest book (brand new) A bride/groom set of toasting glasses and some other stuff.

Let me know if you want me to save it for you. Just some ways of saving some loot. :)

#14 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:00 PM

ooh!
you didn't use the guest book?
yes please, save them for me :)
what color are the glasses? i think we're going to need metal kiddish cups for wine for our ceremony. it's a jew thing...

#15 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

Oh right.

#16 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,627 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:22 AM

you should also try the offbeat bribes. they are awesome!

oh man.. these bitches are hardcore!! i had to apply for membership in their bride-clique!! :lol:

looks like a fun place. thx for pointing me this way :) :)