#1 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:18 PM

May 27, 2009

Thoughtful Conclusions About Commitment
Deciding Whether To Marry

[COLOR=#55494b][FONT=Verdana]Though we may make many commitments throughout our time on earth, few have a lifelong impact on the path our lives will take. The decision to marry someone you love

#2 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

:heartbounce:

#3 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:23 PM

:heart:

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:25 PM

Very nice!

#5 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 11:09 AM

I really like that last question. WOuld you still be willing to be married if you couldn't have all those fancy things? That right there is a solid question.

#6 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

The answer is yes. :heart:

#7 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 01:42 PM

:bliss:

#8 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:04 PM

Yea, I had to think a little bit about that, but I think my answer is yes too. :lol:

No really, we were all set to go to Vegas, that's how much we *just* wanted to finally be married. I think being engaged for 3 years is totally too long. :lol:

#9 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 03:33 PM

The main thing for me now is my family being there. My father is still in the hospital and has a long road ahead of him. I don't care if we don't have a big production. Fuck a cake, fuck dinner, fuck a poofy dress, fuck flowers, fuck favors, fuck 100 guests. All I care about besides us getting married is that he will be well enough to walk me down the boardwalk/aisle/whatever. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sorry...don't mean to sound like a bitch. I just want my Dad to be there. :( :heart:

#10 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:02 PM

awww...... honey, I completely understand. Aw, I ddin't know. I'm sorry.

#11 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 04:34 PM

Oh, I just meant in general. I was going to make it's own thread, but ya know.

Well, he went in for surgery for pancreatic cancer, and they ended up finding colon cancer, so they took care of that and now we have to wait until he heals and recovers to deal with the pancreatic surgery again. He was fine for a few days afterwards and then got an infection, so now he's battling that. The Dr's think he will recover and start to heal within a few months, and they keep telling us to take it day by day, not to think about the future, but with me and my crazy mind, it's hard. I want him to walk me and be at the wedding, I want him to see our new house, I want him to see his grandkids when Rich and I someday have kids. Gah. Sorry, I don't mean to ruin a thread. I'm just getting so sad thinking about all this. :cry:

#12 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,140 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 06:43 PM

I"m so sorry. YOu couldn't ruin this thread, not ever!!

#13 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,075 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

:heart: hang in there Georgi....
Hopefully all will go well for your dad and the good news is he knows Rich and you are happy and that is awesome!

(((Georgi and dad)))

#14 Dr. Lostreality

Dr. Lostreality
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 07:11 PM

The main thing for me now is my family being there. My father is still in the hospital and has a long road ahead of him. I don't care if we don't have a big production. Fuck a cake, fuck dinner, fuck a poofy dress, fuck flowers, fuck favors, fuck 100 guests. All I care about besides us getting married is that he will be well enough to walk me down the boardwalk/aisle/whatever. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Sorry...don't mean to sound like a bitch. I just want my Dad to be there. :( :heart:

totally know what you mean...one of the reasons we had the wedding/got married sooner rather than later is that brett's dad has lung cancer (it's now metastasized to his brain too, which we found out around March) and his mom has an autoimmune disease and also doesn't have a very long life expectancy (they told her 6 years ago that she probably has around 3 years to live...). Thankfully everyone was healthy enough to come to the wedding- Brett's dad was in the hospital with a blood clot in his lung 2 weeks before and we thought he might not be able to come. As it was he had to have oxygen delivered to his hotel and be on a portable oxygen machine during the wedding, and his face was covered in sores from the chemo pills he are on, but at least he made it.

If you want your dad to walk you down the aisle maybe you can have a small wedding ceremony this summer and a bigger party (with a renewing your vows ceremony) for friends and family on your one year anniversary or something? Just a possibility...

#15 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:57 PM

It looks like my Dad has made major progress in the past few days! He's going to be moving to a rehabilitation center to regain his strength and start walking as early as Monday! :) :heart: I'm so happy to be getting good news! :heart:

I'm going to be sure to let my Dad know any plans that Rich and I come up with...I know that he needs some good things to look forward to. :) :heart:

The Dr's have not been telling us any life expectancy plans and have let us know not to worry about it, so we are doing just that. One day at a time.

Once all this stuff kinda "slows down" a little and isn't so up in the air, I think that's when we will try to make more of a plan.

:heart:

Rich had a silly plan this morning that I'm actually thinking about. For now I am keeping it secret. :funny1: :heart:

#16 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:45 PM

Fabulous news, Georgi! :) :heart:

and I want to hear silly plans, damnit!! :lol:

#17 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,729 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 04:31 PM