Photo
- - - - -

Ron Paul is finally getting news coverage!

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#351 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,494 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

im voting for my penis...and imma fuck the shit outta that voting booth...if the curtain is a knocking dont come a rockin. bitches gonna be gettin it in the face in there.

#352 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

im voting for my penis...and imma fuck the shit outta that voting booth...if the curtain is a knocking dont come a rockin. bitches gonna be gettin it in the face in there.

Sorry but I will not be voting for your hanging chad :eek:

#353 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,494 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 03 January 2012 - 12:13 AM

comon!! ill fix shit :lol:

#354 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:43 AM

Oh alright :rolleyes:

It's not like you could be a bigger dick than the other options

That is unless O'bama is actually Irish :huh:

#355 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,494 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

obama prolly has a bigger penis than me :undecided: but not those other losers:lol:

#356 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

#357 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

http://www.washingto...lFVQ_story.html

By Jerry Markon and Alice Crites, Friday, January 27, 8:29 AM

Ron Paul, well known as a physician, congressman and libertarian , has also been a businessman who pursued a marketing strategy that included publishing provocative, racially charged newsletters to make money and spread his ideas, according to three people with direct knowledge of Paul’s businesses.

The Republican presidential candidate has denied writing inflammatory passages in the pamphlets from the 1990s and said recently that he did not read them at the time or for years afterward. Numerous colleagues said he does not hold racist views.

But people close to Paul’s operations said he was deeply involved in the company that produced the newsletters, Ron Paul & Associates, and closely monitored its operations, signing off on articles and speaking to staff members virtually every day.

“It was his newsletter, and it was under his name, so he always got to see the final product. . . . He would proof it,’’ said Renae Hathway, a former secretary in Paul’s company and a supporter of the Texas congressman.

The newsletters point to a rarely seen and somewhat opaque side of Paul, who has surprised the political community by becoming an important factor in the Republican race. The candidate, who has presented himself as a kindly doctor and political truth-teller, declined in a recent debate to release his tax returns, joking that he would be “embarrassed” about his income compared with that of his richer GOP rivals.

Yet a review of his enterprises reveals a sharp-eyed businessman who for nearly two decades oversaw the company and a nonprofit foundation, intertwining them with his political career. The newsletters, which were launched in the mid-1980s and bore such names as the Ron Paul Survival Report, were produced by a company Paul dissolved in 2001.

The company shared offices with his campaigns and foundation at various points, according to those familiar with the operation. Public records show Paul’s wife and daughter were officers of the newsletter company and foundation; his daughter also served as his campaign treasurer.

Jesse Benton, a presidential campaign spokesman, said that the accounts of Paul’s involvement were untrue and that Paul was practicing medicine full time when “the offensive material appeared under his name.” Paul “abhors it, rejects it and has taken responsibility for it as he should have better policed the work being done under his masthead,” Benton said. He did not comment on Paul’s business strategy.

Mark Elam, a longtime Paul associate whose company printed the newsletters, said Paul “was a busy man” at the time. “He was in demand as a speaker; he was traveling around the country,’’ Elam said in an interview coordinated by Paul’s campaign. “I just do not believe he was either writing or regularly editing this stuff.’’

In the past, Paul has taken responsibility for the passages because they were published under his name. But last month, he told CNN that he was unaware at the time of the controversial passages. “I’ve never read that stuff. I’ve never read — I came — was probably aware of it 10 years after it was written.’’ Paul said.

A person involved in Paul’s businesses, who spoke on condition of anonymity to avoid criticizing a former employer, said Paul and his associates decided in the late 1980s to try to increase sales by making the newsletters more provocative. They discussed adding controversial material, including racial statements, to help the business, the person said.

“It was playing on a growing racial tension, economic tension, fear of government,’’ said the person, who supports Paul’s economic policies but is not backing him for president. “I’m not saying Ron believed this stuff. It was good copy. Ron Paul is a shrewd businessman.’’

The articles included racial, anti-Semitic and anti-gay content. They claimed, for example, that the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. “seduced underage girls and boys’’; they ridiculed black activists by suggesting that New York be named “Zooville” or “Lazyopolis”; and they said the 1992 Los Angeles riots ended “when it came time for the blacks to pick up their welfare checks.’’ The June 1990 edition of the Ron Paul Political Report included the statement: “Homosexuals, not to speak of the rest of society, were far better off when social pressure forced them to hide their activities.”

It is unclear precisely how much money Paul made from his newsletters, but during the years he was publishing them, he reduced his debts and substantially increased his net worth, according to his congressional and presidential disclosure reports. In 1984, he reported debt of up to $765,000, most of which was gone by 1995, when he reported a net worth of up to $3.3 million. Last year, he reported a net worth up to $5.2 million.

The newsletters bore his name in large print and featured articles on topics ranging from investment advice to political commentary. Frequently written in first person, they contained personalized notes, such as holiday greetings from Paul and his wife, Carol.

The Washington Post obtained dozens of copies of the newsletters from the Wisconsin Historical Society. Texas news outlets wrote about them in 1996, and the New Republic published extensive excerpts in 2008. The issue resurfaced late last year, when Paul’s presidential campaign picked up momentum. The extent of Paul’s involvement and his business strategy had not been known.

Paul’s publishing operation began through a nonprofit organization he created in 1976, the Foundation for Rational Economics and Education, which advocates for limited government and a free market. The group, founded the year Paul entered Congress, published Ron Paul’s Freedom Report, mostly a collection of his congressional speeches and commentaries.

In 1984, just before losing a Senate bid and leaving Congress, Paul formed Ron Paul & Associates. He soon began publishing the Ron Paul Investment Letter, initially offering mostly economic and monetary information. Texas tax records listed Paul as president of the business, his wife as secretary, his daughter, Lori Paul Pyeatt, as treasurer, and a longtime Paul associate, Lew Rockwell, as vice president.

#358 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

hearsay

#359 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

the anonymous source, I agree, is hearsay.

But they do mention a name - Renae Hathway.

In a case like this, how else would you prove such a thing besides witnesses testimony?

His name is on the newsletters already. I think it's his job now to prove it was all some kind of mistake.

#360 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

noone is going to be swayed on either side what the truth is on this matter. you're beating a dead horse, big time.

why are you trying to help gingrich or romney win the GOP nomination?:huh:

#361 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:24 PM

He's a troll, vic. He's not here to discuss the issues with any seriousness. His MO is to trainwreck discussions so he can touch himself in delight at making discussions more difficult for others.

Just post something stupid he can derp at and perhaps he'll herp.

#362 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

Like this:

Posted Image

#363 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

well the link is there and i'd kinda like to discuss it since this just came out today. i saw it earlier and was gonna post it myself but for some unknown reason, maybe intuition of sorts, i knew PF would save me the trouble:funny1:

is this not anything but a case of hearsay? why would it be released now anyway with paul polling so poorly right now? and why is PF doing all the work here for romney and newt?

#364 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

It's more hearsay. the establishment will do everything to smear Paul and this is the ONLY thing they have. Which is why they bring it up over and over and over and over and over again.

Does it really matter? Is the person accusing Paul going to step forward and do it in the public forum beyond one news article? We'll see. Why now come to the public eye with it sooner? Who knows....could have been bought to say it, could be a lot of things.

Can anyone direct me to Ron Paul speaking that way?
30 years in the public light and not one slip?

The other candidates, Obama included, have awful public records. But this is the news of the day for Ron Paul. Same as it ever was.

Perhaps if the media gave him some true due diligence and instead of smearing him allowed him to speak on his ideas adn at least show a little respect, people like derpfrog wouldn't be so grossly misinformed and post nonsense like a 5 year old all the time. Prolly not though prolly.

Can the establishment find something else on Paul to smear him with?

The answers speak for themselves. Pulling out the race card is the new bell bottom in politics today and I'm not impressed.

#365 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:52 PM

noone is going to be swayed on either side what the truth is on this matter. you're beating a dead horse, big time.

why are you trying to help gingrich or romney win the GOP nomination?:huh:

honestly, I think they're easier to beat than Ron Paul on a national level.

but realistically, the GOP will never allow it to happen.

#366 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:54 PM

It's more hearsay. the establishment will do everything to smear Paul and this is the ONLY thing they have. Which is why they bring it up over and over and over and over and over again.

Does it really matter? Is the person accusing Paul going to step forward and do it in the public forum beyond one news article? We'll see. Why now come to the public eye with it sooner? Who knows....could have been bought to say it, could be a lot of things.

The other candidates, Obama included, have awful public records. But this is the news of the day for Ron Paul. Same as it ever was.

Perhaps if the media gave him some true due diligence and instead of smearing him allowed him to speak on his ideas adn at least show a little respect, people like derpfrog wouldn't be so grossly misinformed and post nonsense like a 5 year old all the time. Prolly not though prolly.

The answers speak for themselves. Pulling out the race card is the new bell bottom in politics today and I'm not impressed.

can anyone pull out anything else besides that half the country hates his foreign policy and the other half hates his domestic policy? huh... no, guess that's about it. His racist newsletters are just a sideshow for us all to poke fun at.

#367 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

Can you prove "half the country this and half the country that"? Of course not. You're a joke, dude. one that I will spend time continually poking fun at.

You don't even understand your own point of view. When asked, "I remember when i was a child and someone told me..."

:rotf:

Posted Image

#368 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

oh, so because somebody told me something when I was a child, I'm supposed to believe it for the rest of my life?

say hi to the tooth fairy for me.

#369 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

i didn't think you could prove your assertion. More jokey jokes from the P&R forum jester. Well, I guess I'll go back to not discussing. It seems the troll gets bored when no one will respond to his ignorant commentary.

#370 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:13 PM

Derp, derp herp da derp derp herp derp. Da derp herp, herp da derp. Derppy derp derp derp.

:one:

#371 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:31 PM

honestly, I think they're easier to beat than Ron Paul on a national level.

but realistically, the GOP will never allow it to happen.

so is that an admission that you want romney or gingrich to win the GOP nom? that's your point of all this trolling nonsense? says a lot.

#372 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

very well said

#373 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:41 PM

I really don't care who wins the GOP nomination, but I'm not really rooting for Ron Paul because I disagree with him so strongly.

I do, however, think that on a national level he may be a threat to Obama, whom I'm not particularly fond of either... but I think the result of a Ron Paul national victory would be so devastating it isn't worth really playing with fire like that.

I know what your take on the situation is, and I respect it. For me, it just isn't worth the risk.

#374 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:23 PM

Yeah, don't want to risk losing your lip lock on the gubmint nipple.

Posted Image

But really, you've been had by the democratic party. But, history must be investigated to figure that out. This is from the 1800s...

#375 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:31 PM

I'm fully aware that you want to take this country back to the way it was in the 1800s.

oh, and nice red x

#376 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,406 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:33 PM

Posted Image

#377 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

#378 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

You're only aware of the interior of your rectum. How's it look in there? Clean?

#379 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

pedantics is the lowest form of trolling

#380 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:37 PM

The truth creates butthurt. It's a bummer.

#381 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image

Thanks. I believe 1860.....

#382 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

yeah, exactly... like it really matters today. Everyone from that era is now dead.

#383 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:41 PM

You just don't get it......which is why it's like talking to a child.

#384 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:46 PM

no I get it. You're pulling out Democratic propaganda from 1860, as if it applies to anything going on today.

I don't care what party the candidate belongs to, or what the party calls itself. If it supports my ideals, then I support it. That's the part you don't seem to understand.

If I were around back in 1860, what would I be... who the hell knows! With my attitude today I'd probably be Republican leaning back then. Of course, if I were alive back then I'd be more influenced by the political climate of that time, which is the reason why I say there's no way of knowing.

Again, this is just pedantics, and it really is the lowest form of trolling. n00balicious.

#385 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

Your ideals have proven to be failures....over and over and over......yet, you want to give it another shot. You're influenced by cartoons, photoshop images and subversion of historical reality. There are countries that have your ideals. Give one of those a whirl??

:gop:

#386 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:54 PM

How long is it supposed to take for the effects of Capitalism to turn Russia around?

Hasn't it been over 20 years now? You act as if the free market is a magic elixir... take a look around, the cold war is over.

#387 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

http://jezebel.com/5...re-ok-after-all

Ed Crane, the longtime president of the libertarian Cato Institute, said he met Paul for lunch during this period, and the two men discussed direct-mail solicitations, which Paul was sending out to interest people in his newsletters. They agreed that "people who have extreme views" are more likely than others to respond.

Crane said Paul reported getting his best response when he used a mailing list from the now-defunct newspaper Spotlight, which was widely considered anti-Semitic and racist.

maybe he's not racist, but he sure likes the money racism brings in.

#388 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

Derp? Derp herp derp da derp dee derp herp derp?

If you think you're going to engage me in real debate on this subject again, you're fooling yourself. You make no sense. Your assertions make no sense. You're better off just posting pictures from the internet where you retrieve your ideas. Heres one:

Posted Image

#389 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:15 AM

Posted Image

#390 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

Posted Image

#391 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image

#392 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:28 AM

Posted Image

#393 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:37 AM

Posted Image

#394 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

Posted Image

#395 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

Posted Image

#396 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

:rotf:

#397 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

#398 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:56 AM

haha, this is a former student of mine :lol:

!

#399 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:05 AM

worthless FRNs :lol:
Nanny State

they all use the same catch phrases. It's more like a cult following than it is a political movement.

I did have to redirect all of a former coworkers e-mail to the trash can years ago because he was blowing up my inbox with Ron Paul propaganda. I had asked him several times to stop.

#400 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:44 AM

she really is a Ron Paul supporter, it seems... weird girl. You should get her on this message board.