Photo
- - - - -

Ron Paul is finally getting news coverage!

• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#451 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I wonder if you're seeing the same words I see when I read that. I read the first, I'm not wasting my time on the second.

Basically, like I said, Ron Paul threw in the towel.

At this point all he wants is to have time to speak at the convention and a better shot for Rand Paul in the future.

#452 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Ron Paul worries me, but his cult-like following gives me the creeps.

#453 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:36 PM

Liberty is popular again. That must frighten you a lot. Being a totalitarian utopia believer and hating freedom. http://bangordailyne...egy/?ref=latest It may be too late to stop Ron Paul’s strategy What, exactly, is Ron Paul up to? The Texas congressman has, by all reasonable reckoning, lost his bid to be the Republican presidential nominee. Lost it big. In the GOP’s 35 primary and caucus votes, Paul has won as many as President Obama. Zero. But now, Paul is using an unorthodox tactic to add more delegates to the national convention this summer. In Nevada, Maine, Massachusetts and elsewhere, his supporters have flooded the party’s snoozy state conventions — and then elected themselves to delegate slots. That’s prompted a question now transfixing the GOP: What does Paul want? Paul still has little shot at the nomination. But, with these numbers, the perennial outsider could gain enough leverage to demand a speaking slot, or changes to the party platform at the convention, if GOP bosses fear that Paul’s unhappy fans could disrupt their big moment. “What are we supposed to do? Tell these people, ‘Look, the poor [Mitt] Romney campaign isn’t organized. They don’t know how to do this. We ask you that you please vote for Romney’?” said Doug Wead, a historian and a senior adviser to Paul’s campaign. Wead’s answer was no. Instead, Wead said he hoped that Paul’s additional delegates would win him a formal delegate vote on his nomination and a speaking slot in the convention’s spotlight. That could help raise Paul’s profile, and the profile of the son — Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky. — he is grooming for bigger things. “It’s already too late” to stop Paul’s strategy from working, Wead said. “We’re going to have a ton of people on the floor of the Republican national convention.” In an interview with CNN on Wednesday, Paul said of his continued campaign: “It certainly isn’t for the reason of disrupting the convention. I’m in it for very precise reasons: to maximize our efforts to get as many delegates as we can. I’m still a candidate, and to promote something that is very, very important, that is a change in the direction for the Republican Party.” By the numbers, the GOP race looks as finished as the Civil War. Romney has an estimated 919 delegates, nearing the 1,144 he needs to win the nomination. Paul has just 100, less than ex-candidates Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich. But Paul, unlike those two, is still fighting. Last weekend, for example, Paul’s fans were so successful at the Maine state convention that they added 21 delegates to his total. Romney — who had won Maine’s caucuses in February — got, at most, one. Romney’s camp professes to be unworried. “Make no mistake that the Tampa convention will nominate Mitt Romney, and it will be his convention,” Andrea Saul, a Romney campaign spokeswoman, said in an e-mail. She said Romney “has a lot of respect for Dr. Paul and the energy his supporters bring to the process.” But privately, some Romney advisers say Paul’s convention tactics have become a distraction — diverting time and personnel at a time when Romney wants to shift his focus to Obama. In Maine, for instance, news reports said Romney sent one of his top lawyers to try to counter the Paul camp’s procedural tactics. The idea behind Paul’s “delegate strategy” is to exploit the difference between what the GOP nominating process looks like and what it really is. What it looks like is a rolling series of miniature election days, with attack ads, flag-waving rallies and statewide votes. It really is an eye-glazing, posterior-numbing series of meetings. These usually happen after the votes: Local conventions elect delegates to state conventions. State conventions elect delegates to the national convention. Then, in Tampa in August, national delegates will cast the votes that choose the nominee. In nine states, the first step determines the later ones: All delegates are “bound” to vote for whomever the voters chose. But in the other states, delegates are split between candidates. Or they are allowed to ignore the voters and choose for themselves. For Paul, that means a battle lost at the polls can be refought in a hotel ballroom. “They stepped off the field after the first inning. We stayed on the field,” said Carl Bunce, Paul’s campaign chairman in Nevada. In February, Romney won Nevada’s statewide caucuses by 30 points. But after that, Paul’s people started working the state’s series of conventions and got their people in 22 of the state’s 25 delegate slots. That’s not as big a victory as it sounds: 14 of Nevada’s delegates will still be “bound” to vote for Romney on the convention’s first ballot. But Bunce said there’s always a chance that Romney won’t win on the first ballot. And even if he does, Paul’s people will be able to clamor for policy priorities, such as stopping foreign wars, radically shrinking the government or auditing the Federal Reserve.

#454 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

yeah, that's what I read and it sounds to me like he's given up on the nomination.

Do you understand a different message from that article?

#455 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

http://www.policymic...p-establishment

Ron Paul Oklahoma and Arizona Delegate Wins Fly in the Face of the GOP Establishment

The Romney campaign is running scared. Establishment Republicans have resorted to tactics ranging from the breaking of convention rules, to shutting down of events, and even acts of violence.

Last weekend saw Republican conventions in Arizona and Oklahoma. These party gatherings were preceded by a string of Ron Paul victories in states such as Iowa, Nevada, Maine, Louisiana, and Massachusetts, as well as revelations that, in fact, no delegates are truly bound. Sensing this threat to establishment candidate Mitt Romney’s election, local GOP committeemen fell back on whatever tricks they could in order to keep Ron Paul supporters from influencing state conventions.

In Arizona, the state where Josh Romney was booed for pushing his father’s approved slate, the proceedings had begun relatively peacefully, but quickly deteriorated once Romney supporters began realizing how many Paulistas were in attendance. First, the convention’s leaders attempted to confuse voters by yo-yoing them back and forth between convention halls and the main floor. In that time, several cases of ballot stuffing were reported, as well as physical assaults on two Ron Paul delegates; but it was not enough.

The meeting’s establishment-backed chairman panicked, and shut down the convention, adjourning it without a vote. Abandoning his own meeting, and promising an election by mail, the chairman left the (majority) Paul audience to elect a new chairman. This group was eventually reconvened outside, in the parking lot of Grand Canyon College, where a symbolic convention continued. Apparently, Ron Paul walked away with 11 of the 18 available district caucus votes, but the official results of Arizona remain a mystery.

In Oklahoma, the attacks were much more overt. Walling off sections of the convention hall, exploiting errors in the credentials report to stall for time, and adjourning the meeting despite a “no” vote, Romney/Santorum/Gingrich supporters systematically broke convention rules and ignored votes from the floor in order to claim victory. Before the sun even went down, the establishment slate left the convention, claiming to have won 96% of the vote, despite Ron Paul supporters comprising about half of the attendees.

Another “rump convention” was held in the parking lot. This one, however, went on to select its own delegates and alternates, as well as end with the proper parliamentary procedure. This leaves Oklahoma’s GOP with a problem: dual conventions; both claiming to have selected the state’strue delegates.

It may be a while before the issues of these states are resolved. Perhaps twin delegations will be arriving in Tampa in order to fight a final, climactic battle on the convention floor.

But one thing can be taken away from this: Romney is not the nominee, and not by a long shot. The mainline GOP is panicking, and retreating deeper and deeper into the catacombs of party structure as their tactics become more and more desperate. It is only a matter of time until they are rooted out and replaced by the Ron Paul revolution which has swept so many other state parties.

#456 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yTx4YtnCD1Y#!

#457 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:54 PM

This is why it isn't over until Tampa. The reality of the situation is that Paul supporters are lined up as "bound" delegates for primary winnner Romney. Along with state causcus sweeps in Maine, Nevada, Iowa, Washington, Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, etc... This is very much still al race and the decision will happen on the floor in Tampa based on delegates and votes. Assuming of course, that the establishment GOP doesn't cheat or break rules like they have in every state cuacus from Iowa, to nevada to maine. Once the nomination for the GOP is sealed, then the GE race begins. Avoid the cart before the horse thinking if possible.

#458 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:10 PM

Nope, it's over right now.

http://politicaltick...ning/?hpt=hp_t3

#459 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

that article just said that he's too broke to campaign in states that still need to hold primaries. He still intends on enduring to the RNC.

maybe they'll have another money bomb.

#460 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

Nope, it's over right now.

http://politicaltick...ning/?hpt=hp_t3

Yes, active campaigning is primary states. He's still pushing the delegates buttons in other states through the movement. He's not suspending his campaign or droppping out. He'll be in Tampa.

#461 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:22 PM

Fair enough, but news like that is a political death sentence IMO. It will make it very hard for him to gain any new support as fewer undecided voters will consider him a viable serious contender.

#462 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:26 PM

A political death sentance for Ron Paul? He's been tarred feathered, blacked out of the media, insulted and disrespected since day 1.

Here is the email I got in full:

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.
This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.
Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.
Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.
I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

#463 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

The fiscal conservative is just standing his ground. Not going into debt to try and accomplish goals. There are other ways and means in this area.

#464 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:29 PM

hes also a racist

#465 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:30 PM

allegedly...people wont vote for an alleged racist

#466 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:40 PM

Do you think he really is, or is it a media spin?

#467 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:42 PM

personally, I do think he really is a racist and he hides behind the constitution as his defense.

I don't believe he had no idea about what was being printed in the newsletters he published... and even if he wasn't aware, than that just means he's an idiot.

#468 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:45 PM

he could be...i dont know him personally. its hard to tell as politicians do lie when they need too

#469 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:50 PM

he made money off of racism in the 90's when it was profitable for him to be racist. Now that he's more mainstream, racism isn't as popular, so he's not open about it and denies that he ever was... how convenient.

#470 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

convenient indeed...allegedly

#471 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

:yawn:

#472 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

sorry...i know our group herd mentality is boring for you.

#473 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

that's real thoughtful input right there... definitely not trolling, right?

#474 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, sure, Augie. Same goes for my trolling and agenda pushing. And of course, invalidating opinions via facts.

#475 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Meanwhile Obama was trying to give his "alleged" racist preacher a $150,000 pay-off to shut up, not because he disagreed with him but because it would hurt his chances of getting elected.

#476 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

free market, yo

I can't believe this is what Fox calls news.

#477 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

#478 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:57 PM

Rupert Murdoch was born in Australia and has a residence in London, England.

What makes anyone think his interest lies in the good of America?

#479 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yeah, sure, Augie. Same goes for my trolling and agenda pushing. And of course, invalidating opinions via facts.

tell urself whatever you have to dave.

#480 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

Meanwhile Obama was trying to give his "alleged" racist preacher a $150,000 pay-off to shut up, not because he disagreed with him but because it would hurt his chances of getting elected.

wah... politicians arent totally honest...what a surprise. ive known this since i was 10

#481 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:03 PM

:lmao:

Unbelievable. Yes. yes I will.

#482 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

well congrats on mind fucking urself...its freeing, isnt it?

#483 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

#484 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:11 PM

aka - the tyrant

#485 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

No, A tyrant. There are plenty to choose from throughout history and today.

#486 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:15 PM

shit, i would have said "the" like he was the best...the one all of them aspire to be

#487 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

Except he's a lot younger than some of the "best" tyrants. If tyranny is the goal.

#488 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,531 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

wah... politicians arent totally honest...what a surprise. ive known this since i was 10

Wah?

Nobody is claiming politicians are totally honest.

#489 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

when can we start calling them "Randroids?"

#490 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:32 PM

abe was honest...he didnt give a shit

#491 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:37 PM

George Washington didn't lie about cutting down the cherry tree, and Abe was just downright honest, and we've never had an honest President since then... such a shame.

#492 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:44 PM

obamas like batman n shit

#493 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

#494 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:46 PM

Posted Image

#495 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:42 AM

Posted Image

#496 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,449 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Ron Paul effectively ends presidential campaign

Christian Science Monitor - 8 hours ago

HUFFPOST HILL - Ron Paul Drops Out (Ron Paul Was Still Running?)

Huffington Post - 12 hours ago

Ron Paul suspends presidential campaign – but supporters stay loyal

The Guardian - ‎14 hours ago‎

Ron Paul all but ends presidential campaign, continues delegate strategy

ABC News - ‎16 hours ago‎

Ron Paul stops campaigning for White House

Chicago Tribune - ‎13 hours ago‎

Ron Paul effectively ending presidential campaign

Los Angeles Times - ‎15 hours ago‎

Ron Paul Ends Active Campaigning

KRMG (blog) - 9 hours ago

:lmao:

I think Doug Wead puts it out there quite well. Because suddenly Ron Paul has dropped out, ending his bid for the GOP nomination.
Here is what Doug has to say:

https://dougwead.wor...t-out-he-is-up/

Ron Paul is not OUT! He is UP!

“We are absolutely not dropping out of this race! We are focusing our efforts squarely on winning delegates and party leadership positions at state conventions.”
- Jesse Benton, Campaign Chairman
Ron Paul announced today he would not be competing in the upcoming primary states, saying that he would focus, instead, on his delegate strategy. A strategy that is working, by the way, and transforming the Republican Party. It is something he has said many times since the February 11, 2012 caucus in Maine.
Only this time, the main stream media gave the announcement full attention and treated it like the end of his campaign. Drudge ran it as a front page headline “Ron Paul is out.”
It is all evidence that Alfred Harmsworth’s famous quote that “news is not when a dog bites a man but, rather, when a man bites a dog” has now been offciaily turned on its head.
For the last two years the national media has been saying that Ron Paul is out. So how could that possibly be news? One might ask, “When has the mainstream media ever thought that Ron Paul was in?”
Bracing for a Ron Paul win in Iowa, major new outlets last January announced that if he won, the Iowa Caucus, itself, would be discredited. According to the New York Times and the Associated Press, Ron Paul is still listed as the recipient of one, count em, one delegate from Iowa, a state that he now dominates.
Likewise, the fact that Ron Paul supporters took a big chunk of the delegation of Mitt Romney’s home state of Massachusetts was not big news. This was evidently not a man biting a dog. There were no headlines, just small reports saying we were “flooding” state conventions with delegates. We were sucker punching the front runner. Even this, “we were stealing delegates.” Now, that’s a trick.
It was a ridiculous assertion. One cannot “flood” state conventions with delegates. Nor can one “steal” a delegates, unless they mean we packed them away in vans and drove them off to camps behind barbed wired. Each delegate was elected at District or County caucuses by delegates that were elected at precinct caucuses. So yes, one can flood precinct caucuses with people who in turn must get elected but that had to happen last January or February. It was then that we beat Romney in Massachusetts, and all the other states, it was in the heat of battle.
Now? We are trying to make nice. Like our attempt to “give” him the delegation from Arizona, an offer his man refused to make. So after three attempts to give him a majority we reluctantly won instead, thank you.
The fact is that all of this fighting makes Ron Paul nervous. Yes, he is taking on the establishment. Yes, he wants the monetary policy reformed so that the poor and the middle class and even the excluded rich can know the thrill and opportunity of free markets that aren’t rigged for insider trading. But Dr. Paul is a happy warrior on these issues. He is a person who has always believed in a respectful dialogue and debate. As John Tate says, “That is what he wants his legacy to be.”
Shouting people down is not Ron Paul’s way. Winning a battle of ideals based on principles, in a respectful way, is how he approaches the contest and it is how he wants others to approach the contest, as well.
By ending the primary battles, Ron Paul is signalling to the field that this is the end of hostilities. In primaries you end up tearing each other down. It is millions of dollars spent on negative advertising. In caucuses, as brutal as they may be, you change the Republican Party, you empower the new and challenge the established.
The delegate strategy is working. That is the way we will impact the platform in Tampa. That is the way we will begin the process of change. It is through the caucuses that we are attracting youth, like the twenty-one year old woman recently elected to the national committee from Maine or the Ron Paul Hispanics or the Independents who have never been involved in party politics.
Yes there is pain.
The establishment turned off the air conditioning at the Arizona State GOP Convention last weekend, trying to sweat the Ronulans into leaving.
In Oklahoma they pulled out a ballroom divider to cordon off Ron Paul supporters and shut them out of participation. Later they turned out the lights. Voice votes that were clearly lost were declared won.
In Carson County, Nevada they turned off a microphone when a Hispanic tried to speak, they knew that Hispanics were for Ron Paul.
In Minnesota they told their people not to vote for any delegate under the age of fifty.
In Alaska, they defeated the majority by retaining the committee which “interpreted rules” and later, after taking the delegation, reluctantly gave up the party control to the new majority but transferred all of the money out of the Republican Party accounts.
In Virginia, at a District Convention, they coaxed the Ron Paul delegation outside and then locked the door. The pastor of the church that was hosting the event was, himself, locked outside.
In Missouri they had all the delegates sign up at County Conventions and then had their County Chairman take the rolls outside and lock them in their car trunks so they could block roll call voting and have their chairman declare lost voice votes as won. At another convention delegates were arrested.
Our people have been punched, yelled at, lied to and worked until they can hardly stand. But on they come, fighting for their children, fighting for their future, angry at the corruption of the banks, of Wall Street, of the lobbyists, of the congress, of the White House. The battle for liberty is not over. It has just taken on a new phase. It cannot be stopped by the national media. If that were the case it would never have been born in the first place.
And some will say that it is a lost cause, which I will not concede but it does remind me of Clarence Darrow’s famous line, “Lost causes are the only ones worth fighting for.”

#497 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:49 PM

I wish he would WIN.

At the very least we NEED the shake up.

#498 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

what makes you think congress would even let him do anything he wants to do?

#499 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,594 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:08 PM

That little paper the current sitting President signed pretty much giving the President authority to do anything.

#500 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 15 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

what little paper? and before you even answer...no it doesnt.