Wedding Dress Woes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:52 PM

So, I'm totally bummed out. I went shopping last Saturday with my friend and we hit the Burlington Mall. We went to Nordstrom's and I found a dress I really liked. The only one they had in my size had some beads missing, it was dirty, etc. So I went home and odered it on-line.

Well, I got an email confirming my order and it said the ship date is AUGUST 13! I need to get this thing fitted before September! I just don't think that's enough time.

I called them and asked if that was a realistic ship date and she said it could be because it's on back order. CRAP!

So, now I'm torn. I could either ask them to look for the same dress in other Nordstrom stores and ship it to me (and take the chance that the dress is dirty/beads are missing, etc) or I can wait...or I can look for something else in the meantime and then cancel the order if I find something better.

Does this mean the dress wasn't meant to be?? :undecided:

#2 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

i would try to keep my options open.

can you wait a few weeks and see if the dress magically arrives on your doorstep, and if by, say, a month from now it hasn't, start making other plans? what's the latest date you can cancel the order? I assume you would be able to cancel up to the point when it ships but just double-check that before you wait too long and are stuck with it.

you can continue to dress shop in the meantime & perhaps you'll find something you love even MORE?

#3 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 02:11 PM

You're right, I panicked (I hold PMS responsible for that). Thank you for talking me down from the ledge. ;)

The woman I spoke to never said that the dress would definitely arrive that late, she just said it is most likely on back order. And she did say I could cancel the order as long as I do it before it is shipped.

Okay, I can do this. Breeeeathe......

#4 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,832 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

In the meantime, I would still call and see if they can locate the dress in their other stores. You can always return it, if it is not up to par.

#5 Erinisme

Erinisme
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,416 posts
  • LocationJersey Fresh

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:57 PM

have nordstroms run an inventory on it. I got a coat shipped to me from washington dc (because I'm OCD about shit like that). relax

#6 bsktcase

bsktcase
  • VibeTribe
  • 316 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:23 PM

I looked if it was available in other stores in the state...it's not (except for the one I tried on that was all beat up). I gave up hope for a while there but then recently did a search for the dress on line and found it. I called Dillard's and was told that they have my size in stock so it would NOT be a problem shipping it. I should receive it before the end of next week!!! :)

#7 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,175 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

YAY!!!!!! :)

#8 Sunny Sunshine

Sunny Sunshine
  • VibeTribe
  • 653 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

Yay!!! It's nice to get what you want :)

#9 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,722 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

Awesome! :bliss: :heart: