• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:08 PM

Christian Science Monitor has an interview with an Iranian Engineer describing how they jammed the GPS of a US drone and captured it:

http://www.csmonitor...-engineer-Video

Fox news says that US officials deny their claim: http://www.foxnews.c...d=prn_discovery

I wonder who to believe.

And I wonder how long before our own drones are attacking us. (maybe it already happened)

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

The US denies that the drone was over Iranian air space, and in so, the claim that Iran has captured one of the manless planes. However, the US does admit that they are missing one of their drones that was in use in the region.

Knowing what is happening in the covert war regarding Iran, i would say it is highly probable that they have, in fact, one of our drones in their hands.

#3 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:50 PM

yeah... I was being a bit facetious...

they have our drone.

#4 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:55 PM

The US Military Industrial Complex is weakening this country economically and strategically.

This is what happens when there's a profit motive for making war machines.

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

Damn you, profit! Damn you! :joker:

:lol:

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

well, it's true.

if a company makes their money by creating weapons of mass destruction, then war is in their best interest.

do you want to be part of a culture whose economic system is dependent on war?

#7 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

do you think the private security companies still in Iraq want to leave? What is their incentive?

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

do you want to be part of a culture whose economic system is dependent on war?

No, i do not. Such an ecomony, which is what we have, is toxic and unsustainable. That is not to say I point at the profit motive as the culprit. It is a philisophical and ideological problem in our culture. People in Merica LOVE war. Most do not see the profit side of it.

#9 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

I would think they have a drone. Did they capture it on their own or was their sabotage so someone could make $ on providing them with one?

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I believe Iran claims they jammed the GPS on it and then crash/recovered the sucker.

the US claims that they "lost control" of one of the planes, but that it wasnt over Iranian air space. And deny that Iran has one.

I'll bet Iran has no reason to lie on this one.

#11 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure there was a time when most Americans thought that war was good for the economy. I've heard my father say it once or twice.

The truth is that government spending does create a short-term boom. But, spending it on war is not sustainable. Investing it in our infrastructure instead is sustainable and would pay itself back in the long term.

#12 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,748 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

Government has nothing to offer it didn't steal from someone else.

the wars of the last 100 years would have likely never occurred if the money supply wasn't elastic. War takes away from the production of a country, in almost every sense. If we had hard money, we wouldn't be able to do what we do today.

"It is no coincidence that the age of total war coincides with the age of central banking."