Yeah, totally didn't see that coming.

Spoiler

Good stuff, interested where they take it next season. Heron no doubt. :cool:

#4 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

Excellent last two episodes with Jimmy's arc being well done (if not just a little unsettling)

A pretty good interview/wrap up on the season here with the creator Terence Winter
http://www.hitfix.co...ortems-season-2

#5 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, totally didn't see that coming.

Spoiler

dolt, I completely missed the meaning of that. :rolleyes:

#6 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:51 PM

Holy fucking shit!

Those were my exact words, followed by "Well, that cuts the entertainment value of this show in half......"

#7 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:58 PM

Those were my exact words, followed by "Well, that cuts the entertainment value of this show in half......"

Spoiler

#8 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

OMG Richard is going to go absolutely apeshit!

#9 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

I dunno. Why would Richard be upset, and at whom? Nucky? Jimmy knew very well what he was getting into; Richard knew that. Jimmy purposely asked Richard to not come, and showed up unarmed. If anyone understands wanting to end it all, it's Richard. I don't think he'll be itching for revenge on Nucky.

#10 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Spoiler

#11 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

I don't see what power the mother has now. She has nobody in power to help her out. She doesn't actually have any power herself.

Should be interesting.

#12 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

I don't see what power the mother has now. She has nobody in power to help her out. She doesn't actually have any power herself.

Should be interesting.

She has all of her baby daddy's > Son's > grandson's money and certainly needs something to do on the show...

#13 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:45 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#14 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:38 PM

She has all the power now. Nucky is fucked without that land deal.. she now has all the money.

Edit.. not all the power, but she's pretty well set.

You're talking about Margret, who is now Nucky's wife and therefore does have power of her own. Nucky will be fine without the land, but certainly pissed at his new wife. It certainly will be a different power struggle next year between the two of them.

#15 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:40 PM

The money was left to the son; I don't know that the mother will have access, but it's a good point.

#16 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:53 PM

Spoiler

#17 DF

DF
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

You guys are spoiling..haven't seen the finale yet.

#18 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

You guys are spoiling..haven't seen the finale yet.

Sorry man, I'll edit my posts.. but in all fairness, it should have been pretty evident that spoilers would be contained from the first post. It's a discussion of the finale.

#19 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Spoiler

Ah I see. Yeah Nucky losing the land deal has more to do with his relationship with Margret than him losing money, he never really had.

Once "Uncle Junior" went along with the destruction of the will, it became Jimmy's money and then passed to his son. In that case Gillian has custody of her grandchild and his inheritance (now that his Mom, Grandfather, and Father have been killed over the last two episodes ... ouch)

#20 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:13 PM

Yes, there should have been spoiler warnings. There are no spoilers for the first few posts, but long before the spoilers happen, if you're reading this thread, it becomes obvious that no good can come out of it if you haven't seen the show.

#21 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:39 PM

Well, I think Richard saw Jimmy as the one person who knew him as he was and cared for him. Now he is all alone in the world again. Jimmy would have fought for Richard "to the last bullet" and now I think Richard will feel compelled to do the same for Jimmy.

And woah Margaret! Way to piss your new husband off......

#22 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 07:59 PM

I dig what you're saying about Richard. I think he'll wind up on the opposite end of whatever Nucky's doing. I just don't see him going all vendetta on him. He's such a compelling character.

Posted Image

#23 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Here he is with a face and a smile:

Posted Image

#24 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

Well, I think Richard saw Jimmy as the one person who knew him as he was and cared for him. Now he is all alone in the world again. Jimmy would have fought for Richard "to the last bullet" and now I think Richard will feel compelled to do the same for Jimmy.

And woah Margaret! Way to piss your new husband off......

Actually Jimmy's wife as well. There was the wonderful scene a few weeks ago with her drawing his face without the mask and then him putting his hand to her blood stain on the floor.

from an interview with the head of Boardwalk Empire

But Richard, the two people in the whole world he connected to after the war were Angela and Jimmy. They've now been murdered. I imagine he's not going to respond too well to that.

You go back and rewatch the scene with Richard and Jimmy at the end of this. Essentially, Jimmy is giving Richard permission not to come with him. Jimmy knows what he's walking into, he comes unarmed. Jimmy never expected to come back alive from the war. Nobody was more surprised than he was. He's kind of been the walking dead, for lack of a better term, since he got back ... he's sort of taking the honorable soldier route and falling on his own sword, and he knows full well when that phone call comes, what it means and what he's walking into. He says to Richard, "This is something that I have to do," and Richard knows what he's talking about, and being a soldier himself, Richard allows him to do that. Otherwise, it would have been Butch Cassidy and the two of them would have gone out (together). Richard accepts Jimmy's fate also, and as his friend, offering to go and help him and says, "I'll kill them all if you want," and Jimmy says it's okay and goes out the door. Richard knows when he walks out the door, as does Jimmy. He knows he's walking to his death and this is what's coming to him. I don't know that Richard necessarily feels that he needs to avenge this.

#25 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:32 PM

Exactly the point of my post below; thanks, Jeremy.

I dunno. Why would Richard be upset, and at whom? Nucky? Jimmy knew very well what he was getting into; Richard knew that. Jimmy purposely asked Richard to not come, and showed up unarmed. If anyone understands wanting to end it all, it's Richard. I don't think he'll be itching for revenge on Nucky.

#26 alsoa

alsoa

Drunk

• VibeTribe
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:41 PM

I do think Richard will likely feel the need to avenge Angela, however.

#27 melissa.phish

melissa.phish
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

I do think Richard will likely feel the need to avenge Angela, however.

Good point.

#28 B. Diddy

B. Diddy
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

Good luck to him. Manny Horvitz is nobody to fuck with lightly. Not that Richard is a slouch.

BTW, I am loving William Forsythe's performance as Munya. What an incredible actor. Great range. :D

#29 jg

jg
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

Good luck to him. Manny Horvitz is nobody to fuck with lightly. Not that Richard is a slouch.

BTW, I am loving William Forsythe's performance as Munya. What an incredible actor. Great range. :D

He once played Al Capone on an almost unwatchable tv show.

#30 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,751 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Here he is with a face and a smile:

Posted Image

He is a hoooooooooottie! :naughty:

I love his character on the show. I hope they show more of him next season.

I finally watchted the finale last night. Holy balls, I wasn't expecting that! Rich was, but I wasn't!