• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:38 AM

I just made a batch of shortbread's to break in the season...Its the easiest cookie to make!!! I have 9 different kinds on my list this year. I didnt make Any last year!

#2 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:41 PM

My friends and I are doing a cookie exchange this year - I'm making spider cookies - I don't use any spiders in 'em but they're all coated in dark chocolate and are delicious!

#3 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:56 AM

MMm.. spider cookies sound yummy.
I like chocolate. :)

OK. My list is:

macaroons
Strawberry oat bars
revel bars
peanut butter ones with the kisses in them
snickerdoodles (havent had those since HS!)
peanut butter cup (with peanut butter cups in them)
chocolate chip bacon pecan
rugala

any other suggestions would be great.

#4 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Nanaimo bars!!! :v:

#5 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:43 AM

omg! I saw a recipe for those! they looked awesome! I spent like 5 minutes trying to pronounce the name. I have to figure out where I saw the recipe! did they have 3 layers.

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

I have a recipe posted on these boards!

http://gatheringofth...ghlight=nanaimo

They are the best - I love me some Nanaimo Bars!!! :mrgreen:

#7 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:41 AM

whoa.. they DO look awesome! I love mint & chocolate! I dont have the ingredients at hand, tho.

so far in the past 3 days I also made those peanut butter cookies with the kiss, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip-bacon-pecan, & snickerdoodles.... I'm taking a break tonight, and I'm trying to figure out what my next batch will be. :)

#8 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:20 AM

Martha Stewart failed me... I used her recipe for sugar cookies, and they are like ROCKS!!!! they taste good, but you can't even bite into them! I decorated them anyway because i didn't want to waste them, but I just have to warn them that they're inedible unless you dip them in milk. lol. the Macaroons i made were a sort of failure too...I should have used Alton's recipe...

I'm up to 10 different kinds so far...:lol: I've just been a baking machine!!! still have a few more I want to try.

#9 georgi

georgi
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,669 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

I miss making cookies for Christmas. :(

I haven't even attempted making my favorites gluten free.

I really do need to figure out my raspberry thumb cookie recipe (how to make it gf) and find a good gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe, AND a gf sugar cookie recipe!

Nom nom. COOKIES! :crazy:

#10 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,441 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 01:59 AM

i made my mom's family's shortbread recipe yesterday for the first time. definitely acceptable but not perfect. it's a tricky recipe and my mom wouldn't even give it out because people got mad at her when they came out wrong. i can still remember what the dough tasted like though, so i'll know it when i hit it. some year. :tongue1:

#11 sure-ur-rightdancer

sure-ur-rightdancer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:09 PM

this year was my first really sucessful sugar cookie... I used joy of baking's recipe http://www.joyofbaki...garCookies.html
mine needed 10 min in the oven but they came out perfect (if I do say so myself) nice and golden on the bottom but still chewy

also did buttercrunch toffee (also joy of baking http://www.joyofbaki...unchToffee.html) batch #2 came out better than #1 but I think that it still needs a little work....also I officially suck at roasting almonds (or any nuts) I just can't pay attention long enough to not burn them

peppermint bark was pretty much a fail...tastes good but the white chocolate layer seperated from the dark chocolate layer so I have white "bark" and giant hunks of chocolate -- I think I know the issue though and I might try it again tonight

the PB cookies were awesome (as always) not sure where tova got the recipe but she kicked ass again

and finally the chocolate covered pretzels were the easiests and prettiest.... definitely must do again!

#12 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:44 AM

I miss making cookies for Christmas. :(

I haven't even attempted making my favorites gluten free.

I really do need to figure out my raspberry thumb cookie recipe (how to make it gf) and find a good gluten free peanut butter cookie recipe, AND a gf sugar cookie recipe!

Nom nom. COOKIES! :crazy:

the gluten free
thing must be such a challenge. I'll keep my eye out for recipes for you. :heart:

i made my mom's family's shortbread recipe yesterday for the first time. definitely acceptable but not perfect. it's a tricky recipe and my mom wouldn't even give it out because people got mad at her when they came out wrong. i can still remember what the dough tasted like though, so i'll know it when i hit it. some year. :tongue1:

Keep trying!!! I told my dad how my sugar cookies failed, and how I should have gotten his recipe, and he said that last year, he made his own recipe, and that failed him for some reason. :lol:

#13 nikkiblue

nikkiblue
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,095 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:47 AM

this year was my first really sucessful sugar cookie... I used joy of baking's recipe http://www.joyofbaki...garCookies.html
mine needed 10 min in the oven but they came out perfect (if I do say so myself) nice and golden on the bottom but still chewy

also did buttercrunch toffee (also joy of baking http://www.joyofbaki...unchToffee.html) batch #2 came out better than #1 but I think that it still needs a little work....also I officially suck at roasting almonds (or any nuts) I just can't pay attention long enough to not burn them

peppermint bark was pretty much a fail...tastes good but the white chocolate layer seperated from the dark chocolate layer so I have white "bark" and giant hunks of chocolate -- I think I know the issue though and I might try it again tonight

the PB cookies were awesome (as always) not sure where tova got the recipe but she kicked ass again

and finally the chocolate covered pretzels were the easiests and prettiest.... definitely must do again!

I made these apricot cookies that you roll in sesame seeds...but the recipe didnt say to toast the seeds, so they came out too pale of a white...fail on those too, but luckily I realized after the first tray, and just left off the seeds for the rest of the batch. roasting the nuts is def. a pain in the arse.

i wish I would have thought of making chocolate covered pretzels! I love them.

I'm officially baked out. I think I hit 13 different kinds of cookies, and im just too exausted to keep going... Plus I'm out of time. I'm proud of most of them, though.