Samantha is now in the house

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rayzeeday

Rayzeeday
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:56 AM

For some time now our male ferret Barduke had been moping since the untimely death of Pennylane from adrenal gland disease. Then last week I drove to the Bangor mall area and for some reason felt compelled to stop in the humane society. As I walked in I held the door for two workers who were carrying a ferret cage in. As we walked in the door there she was, a beautiful dark marking sable. As it turned out they found her abandoned on the riverfront in a bag nearly emeciated with raw almost bleeding teets where she had tried to feed off herself for food. I asked about adopting her and they told me to come back in a couple of days after they checked her out. I went back a couple of days later and scooped her up. Her and Barduke are in bliss and hit it off perfectly. The other reason we needed her is that my cat Desmond was used to playing with Pennylane and picked up the habit of bringing mice in the house to play with seeing he's doesn't kill them. Sammy and Desmond loooooooooooooooove each other. The real surprise though was Tiger who only cared for one ferret, Satchmo whom we lost three years ago. When she walked up to him they kissed each other with him rubbing his cheek on her. Her nipples have healed, she's still a little thin but that takes time. I treated her to ferretone and you could tell she never had it before. She also loves the ferret tunnel. Well enough for now just thought I would share our recent joy:clapping:

#2 nancykind

nancykind

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 15,707 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

congrats on the new pet! :heart:

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,229 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 01:54 PM

:clapping: :heart:

#4 vinandtonic

vinandtonic
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:06 PM

:smile::heart:

#5 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,011 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

Nice.

#6 sums

sums

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 10,452 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

aw! i'm so glad someone found her. and then you found her :)