6 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

only 11:11 long. watch and discuss.

I'm especially interested if anyone can find inaccuracies or falsehoods.

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

I didn't watch. But I can say right away just by the image in the screen that if the creator is referring to regulations in any industry, they aren't referring to capitalism. Regulations are part of a protectionists playbook, not a capitalists.

#3 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

you can't watch 11 minutes?

you can't suspend your own prejudices and misconceptions for long enough to just press play?

I see how you are. You expect others to read through hundreds of pages worth of what you believe in, but 11 minutes of a different perspective isn't worth your time.

One way ===>

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

I can't watch it at work, no. I'll watch it later. I'm going off what i see right away. I could be mistaken, which is why i said what I said in my previous post, IF it applies.

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

I'm fresh out of 'jump to conclusion mats', but apparently you have a few extra to wield.

#6 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

you're the one that jumped to a conclusion of an 11 minute presentation after seeing 1 frame.

watch it later, and then let me know what you think.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,028 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:28 PM

Well. it turns out i wasn't far off. The author makes it a point to look at the situation from a Marxist perspective and then proceeds toward the end to say that anyone who doesn't join an anti-capitalism movement is essentially crazy.

He deals mainly with the crisis in the UK, which I can't honestly say Ive been following as closely as my own countries issues.

What he does manage to do, is re-iterate faulty Marxist doctrine. He must be aware of Marxisms short comings and contradictions, which i'll leave for a later time. But he is pointing to capitalism as something that is at work and the causation of the problems we face.

the problem that I see there, is that if the market is regulated, too much here or too little there, you really don't have capitalism. You have protectionism. Couple that with subsidies and you have a mix, I'll call, socioprotectionism.

I don't think the creator is far off from the problems in his presentation. He has left out very key ideas that have displaced the system FROM capitalism while calling capitalism. We've been having those discussions here frequently as of late, so i'll leave to you to decide what he has omited that holds succinct relevance here.