15 replies to this topic

#1 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,450 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

Posted Image

Dear friends,

As you may or may not know, things are not all "peachy" in Newton Crosby. Less than a month ago, we got some horribly unexpected news. Our brother in arms and comrade, Christopher Cartelli, has been diagnosed with a form of cancer. While this is a scary thought and shows us how mortal we all really are, we are confident he will beat this thing. At this point, he has completed the first stage of treatment successfully and is resting up in NYC.

Out of respect for the Newton sound and out of respect for Christopher, Newton Crosby has canceled all of it's shows for the remainder of the year. Chris means a lot to us, both friendship and musically. As much as we all love playing music in various forms, we do not feel right playing as NC without him. Tentatively, we are working on something very special to us in Chris's honor that we hope to announce soon. Details to come as it's in the planning stages.

DETAILS

On December 10th, the members of Newton Crosby will pay tribute to the man, the legend, the GUY himself - Chris Cartelli.

Not as Newton Crosby but as The Chris Cartelli Experience - Alzie, Eroc, Hoagie and Squigs will be playing with special guests/friends of Chris sitting in on and off throughout the night. This is a FREE SHOW. Donations are welcomed as they will go to a cancer research foundation of Chris's choice. Or bring Chris a gift to show your love. If you can't donate, your presence is also gift enough.

Also on the bill is Turtle Soup, headlining as this is their 5th annual Seasoned Greetings holiday show. Phone # of the club is (732) 681-3111

Special guests will be announced here in the next few days. Stay Tuned for more details but this will be a fun night. Baby tested, Cartelli approved.

FOR THOSE WHO CAN'T MAKE IT - Chris has suggested donating to Sloan Kettering Memorial Hospital. They're amazing as most of you know. Please feel free to do so here - http://mskcc.convio....gename=giv_main

Posted Image

#2 GoPlastic

GoPlastic
  • VibeTribe
  • 13,388 posts
  • LocationLI/NY

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:49 PM

a good cause. best of luck to Cartelli with the fight of his life. :heart:

#3 mug

mug
  • VibeTribe
  • 929 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:18 PM

Strength to Chris!

#4 jme

jme
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,045 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:28 PM

go get 'em big guy. :heart:

and since he loves this so much: (((((biscodisco)))))

#5 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, but you guys are doing the right thing. I'll be looking forward to seeing the band again after Chris beats this thing. Godspeed & good luck

#6 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,788 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 07:09 PM

He's got the name... he's ahead of the game :heart:

#7 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

....bump....4 biscodisco....

#8 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:30 PM

((Chris)) :heart:

#9 erocstheparty

erocstheparty
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:34 PM

Special guests...

Andre lengahan ~ drums
Jesse Radosti ~ guitar
John Bush ~ vocals
B-bryan ~ guitar and bass
Jeff Volks ~ vocals
Paul holda ~ guitar

Should be a sweet show and a fun time!!

Kuszin you coming??

#10 Kuzsin

Kuzsin
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:48 PM

...I don't think I am making this.....but I want to help out....I want to add an original painting I did from a some kind of jam strangers helping strangers for a raffle or auction ....I think there's pictures in the artwork thread...I can't link it from my phone so if someone could I would appreciate it.....it was a show turtle soup played at.....there's no value on my painting except that it portrays the love of independent music...and prints were made to help strangers helping strangers.(mama hemphanie).which chis and the musicians for tomorrow night are apart of....

#11 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,450 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:35 PM

only a few hours till this goes off! Its going to be memorable, to say the least... :dance::jump::crazy:

#12 crujonez

crujonez
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,442 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 04:19 PM

hopefully lots of money was raised. best of luck and healing vibes:heart:

#13 micki

micki
  • VibeTribe
  • 625 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

Fun times!

#14 theFUNKsupporter

theFUNKsupporter
  • VibeTribe
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 04:46 PM

What a great time on Sat

#15 erocstheparty

erocstheparty
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:55 PM

thanks to everyone who came out to support The Chris Cartelli experience...it was really awesome to make music with so many different people who played in bands with Chris....with no hesitation, people when approached with the idea to do this were all on board from the initial suggestion!!

Lots of old boardies played throughout the night...Squirrel Master reunion (of sorts)...Lebowski throwback with "Papers" (only Lebowski original...I think!!)

Really great night of music for sure.

#16 williscat2000

williscat2000
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,427 posts
  • LocationNorthern NJ

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:32 PM

bump from last year. Can't believe this was a year ago!