• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:28 PM

A Higgs Boson walks into a church, but the priest stops it and says "sorry, we don't allow particles in here."

"Oh, yeah?" replies the Higgs, "well, good luck having Mass without me!"

#152 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

#153 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,553 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:30 PM

Was Lincoln's aspiration to become President, or was he chosen by a group to be their figure head?

#154 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:37 PM

A Higgs Boson walks into a church, but the priest stops it and says "sorry, we don't allow particles in here."

I'm still chuckling. :mrgreen:

#155 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:39 PM

I'm not a fan of Lincoln's. Sure, some of his policies were sound, and surely the end of slavery was a wonderful thing. But it was on his watch, IMO, that the United States fell, and America began to rise. I would prefer to live in the United States, or, if the government of the United States became onerous enough that a majority of CTers felt it necessary, just Connecticut.

The Federal Reserve is a central bank, but not all central banks are The Federal Reserve.

Amen. Cept' the part about Connecticut. :funny1:

:lmao:

#156 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,523 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:07 PM

I would. He wanted to force the southern states to remain in the union and did not want them to secede. Which was, rather simplified, the reason for the civil war.

you do know the british were in with the south right? if lincoln didnt keep this country together the english would have invaded again. they were actively trying to break up this country so they could keep us under their thumbs and steal our resources.

and you call lincoln a tyrant but you seem to defend tyranny sometimes...the south were tyrants. any people willing to enslave another people deserve what they get.
and if it werent for the civil war we might not even be alive.
is everything and everyone involved with this country evil to you?...well except RP im sure. its a little much dave.

sorry for loving my country...and its history in doing actual good somewhere.

#157 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

I don't really think that is how it went, brehm. We can start a new thread on Lincoln, the south and the civil war if you'd like. if you mean the south wanted to keep their slaves adn Lincoln was trying to free the slaves, it is interesting that northerners kept slave far after the south ended the practice.

lets start a new thread on it though...

#158 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,523 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:15 PM

I don't really think that is how it went, brehm. We can start a new thread on Lincoln, the south and the civil war if you'd like. if you mean the south wanted to keep their slaves adn Lincoln was trying to free the slaves, it is interesting that northerners kept slave far after the south ended the practice.

k :smile:

#159 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,523 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:20 PM

and i never said the war started over slavery...not sure how that came up.

#160 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

I didn't say you did. I was taking what you put about the southerners being tyrants. Which I could only guess meant they wanted to keep slavery alive at the time.

#161 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,880 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

Start a thread. :funny1:

#162 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,523 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

i did :joker: :lol:

#163 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

I like the double standard around here.

When I bring up points that don't fit in with your ideology (TASB in particular) I'm told that I'm not ready for the discussion, I'm dizzy, and I need to do my homework.

However, when I mention something that is practically common knowledge, nobody bothers to do any homework of their own, they just continue to say that I'm dizzy, not ready for the discussion, and need to do my homework.

I'm not here to do your homework for you. I gave you a link. I'll even give you a hint... "greenback"

please quit wasting my time on remedial subjects.

#164 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:04 AM

If I truly thought there was a misunderstanding here, and that I was confused, I would try to clarify.

However, this goes beyond misunderstanding.

This is information that can be found easily by anyone with a computer.

In fact, most of the opinions I post are of a populist nature, therefore the information to be found is more than abundant.

Then, people come along with their obscure, unpopular, on the fringe ideas and act as if they're really on the cutting edge of technology.

Actually, you're over 100 years behind. The debate was settled with the great depression, and then reaffirmed after the recent fiasco of having GWB as our President for 8 years.

Enough games. Let's take care of business.

You couldn't get anything on Clinton so you busted his balls for getting a blow job... obstructionists.

#165 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:22 AM

:rotf: :one:

Suite melt.

#166 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:34 AM

yeah, you're still wondering what Lincoln had to do with fighting off the Federal Reserve for a little while too, right?

You and Beek and Ron Paul against the world.

#167 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:35 AM

oh and mises, Ludwig Von Mises.

#168 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,445 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:49 AM