Pets and Raw diets...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HoopsTer

HoopsTer
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

So I just called my vet from home to chat with her about Tatum's kitty. Sue is a holistically based vet. I adore her and she has gotten Cheyenne through some very sticky situations.

She urged me to change Cheyennes diet to raw and recommended a few different companies (if I didnt want to go to a butcher and do the meals myself)

I've been looking at a few of the companies on line and found one that has products sold at a pet store that is really close to where we live. It's called Nature's Variety http://www.naturesvariety.com/

The reviews look great. Given Cheyenne's age, I think I am going to slowly switch her over to a raw, rotation diet.

Does anyone here feed their pets raw?

#2 wowzers

wowzers

Retired

• Retired
  • 184 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 08:02 PM

I always thought about it. Me and Kj started giving our dog raw bones to chew on and suck out the marrow. He loves it.

#3 moonstone

moonstone
  • VibeTribe
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:31 PM

My dog does not eat raw, although she would love to.

The first 2 years of her life I cooked for her rice and chicken, rice and fish, rice and beef, etc.
She also eats chicken bones, or any bone for that matter.

I would buy a whole chicken, boiled it and the chop the shit out of it. Guts flying everywhere.

Now that is love for a dog from her veggie momma. :v:

#4 Elphaba

Elphaba
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

no, but i did switch from a medium grade food to a high grade food and have always supplemented with raw beef bones among some other things. i know i'm going to hear "i told you so" from you know who, so here goes, the dogs' coats are better, hardly any shedding since the food switch to california natural. food did not help the cat's thin hair/allergy issue however, she's just a {{{reject}}} with thin hair and hardly any teeth. :lol:

i keep too much animal food around to think about how much raw food i'd have to store.

#5 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:49 AM

I FREAKING TOLD YOU SO. :lol:

#6 Wende

Wende
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,709 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 02:50 AM

Natures Variety, yup, we sell it.