• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Seeing the videos from Occupy Burlington last night had me remebering how much fun they were when I saw them on Warped Tour.
Lets make this happen!

#2 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have reflected many times upon our rigid search. It has shown me that everything is illuminated in the light of the past. It is always along the side of us, on the inside, looking out. Like you say, inside out.

#3 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

whoa, they played city hall park last night? farkin' awesome!! :crazy: i grew up across the street from where eugene hutz lived and practiced with his band, the fags. :crazy:

i concur, gogol bordello would rip vibes apart, gypsy style. :crazy:

#4 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

night before last... .last night would not have been a good night.
Posted Image

thanks Kitty
:smile:

#5 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:01 PM

i lobbied for this for months dude and got no reply from the heads that be. Pleny of support from the heads that matter though.

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=53222

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=52925

#6 blindmule

blindmule
  • VibeTribe
  • 836 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 08:38 PM

A big HELL YES!
I won't be at Vibes, but anyone who is should be exposed to their awesomeness!

#7 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:14 PM

i lobbied for this for months dude and got no reply from the heads that be. Pleny of support from the heads that matter though.

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=53222

http://gatheringofth...ead.php?t=52925

regardless if your please were heard by the heads, they wouldn't have been at vibes last year, due to the fact that they were touring in europe.

#8 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

regardless if your please were heard by the heads, they wouldn't have been at vibes last year, due to the fact that they were touring in europe.

roo gets faced by slave - nice! :coffee:

But, yeah, in the spirit of bringing new things to Vibes, this sounds like a good plan for 2011 :smile:

#9 unbroken_chain

unbroken_chain
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,800 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:31 PM

roo gets faced by slave - nice! :coffee:

But, yeah, in the spirit of bringing new things to Vibes, this sounds like a good plan for 2011 :smile:

and a better one for 2012 :v:

#10 Dee2.0

Dee2.0
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,492 posts
  • LocationOn the road

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:04 PM

They were at Newport Folk Festival the week after Vibes last year...

#11 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

they were in the states for that one weekend during their overseas tour.......

http://www.gogolbord....com/tour/past/

#12 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:17 AM

They rocked Newport. Gogol kept making fun of the people sitting down close to the stage. "Really this type of music is more conducive to a vertical position" I love this guy haha:lol:

For some reason people were allowed to set up chairs blankets right in front, limiting dance space to the right side of the stage. He poked fun the whole show.

#13 Depends

Depends
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,934 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:38 AM

I think they are a perfect fit for Vibes...

#14 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts
  • LocationAbove The Waves

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

I think they are completely overrated hipsters in gypsy costumes but it's not like I go to much music at Vibes anyway

#15 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I think they are completely overrated hipsters in gypsy costumes but it's not like I go to much music at Vibes anyway

Up until this point I think I have agreed with everything you've posted regarding musical taste. I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

Anyway... you're an overrated hipster in a gypsy costume :carla:

#16 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Your mother :carla:

#17 suburbanite84

suburbanite84
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:02 AM

But honestly, I remember someone suggesting them last year and I would love to see them bring some energy to the vibes as opposed to some of the other fading acts from the 90's and beyond. (Black Crowes, Costello, Jane's Addiction)

#18 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

But honestly, I remember someone suggesting them last year and I would love to see them bring some energy to the vibes as opposed to some of the other fading acts from the 90's and beyond. (Black Crowes, Costello, Jane's Addiction)

If Vibes wants a real shot of energy they need there 90's throwback band to be Beck or Ben Folds someone that is still doing something interesting from that era(I would suggest Pearl Jam or Wilco but both are unrealistic) and they should just spend the money and let UM play latenight.:pimp:

#19 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 06:29 AM

Up until this point I think I have agreed with everything you've posted regarding musical taste. I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

Anyway... you're an overrated hipster in a gypsy costume :carla:

That is because I am always right:pimp: And if a hipster band is what people wan then Cloud Cult would be the obvious choice:pimp:

#20 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

you really think ben folds will bring the rock, greg? :rolling: ben folds is :yawn:. i love the guy, but definitely not a saturday headliner for vibes. next you're going to be asking for nickleback! :rolling:

#21 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

actualy they werent. their last show in europe was the weekend before vibes. hence they played newport folk fest two weeks later.

you SO SMAHT!!

#22 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

If Vibes wants a real shot of energy they need there 90's throwback band to be Beck or Ben Folds someone that is still doing something interesting from that era(I would suggest Pearl Jam or Wilco but both are unrealistic) and they should just spend the money and let UM play latenight.:pimp:

I don't think Wilco for a Saturday night headlinger is that unrealistic at all. They are much more realistic for a Saturday night headlinder than Ben F:lol:lds.

#23 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

I don't think Wilco for a Saturday night headlinger is that unrealistic at all. They are much more realistic for a Saturday night headlinder than Ben F:lol:lds.

I just felt Wilco was unrealistic because they have there own festival in Mass in June. Yeah the Ben Folds comment was the PBR's talking:lol:

#24 Lemireacle

Lemireacle
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,777 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I just felt Wilco was unrealistic because they have there own festival in Mass in June. Yeah the Ben Folds comment was the PBR's talking:lol:

:lol:

I hear what you're saying about Wilco and their Solid Sound thing. I could see totally see Wilco on the bill either way.

I'm always surprised that Wilco had the festival in Western Massachusetts and not in the Chicago area.

#25 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,313 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

Hey Wilco would be awesome.

#26 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 04:47 AM

Hey Wilco would be awesome.

yup I saw them in New Haven at some random nice theater a few years ago. Awesome show.

#27 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,526 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:34 AM

your favorite band sucks

#28 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:21 AM

...Cloud Cult ... :pimp:

Googled, youtubed, downloaded and redeemed :whorship:

The meaning of 8 (album) is point, also when water comes to life.

thx guy:peace:

#29 gregoir

gregoir
  • VibeTribe
  • 25,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

Googled, youtubed, downloaded and redeemed :whorship:

The meaning of 8 (album) is point, also when water comes to life.

thx guy:peace:

No problem. They were mega fluffed on PT Bisco a few years ago and I have been in love with them ever since.:dance::pimp: They are near the top of bands I have never seen live that I really want to catch.

#30 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

any word on bands yet? any serious considerations?

#31 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:37 PM

any word on bands yet? any serious considerations?

I thought I overheard Ken say something about Beck?