• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 04 April 2009 - 04:58 AM

I don't Know about anyone else but after I go to a meeting, everything just feels possible. All the crap that was dragging me down through the day just doesn't matter as much anymore. If I can beat the feelings that come with being a drunk, I can certainly handle the gas bill being a couple days late! Whatever my problems are , I know that running away and hiding in a bottle will only make it so much worse. And, I don't know if I can make it out again.

#2 gbumps

gbumps
  • VibeTribe
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Depends what meeting but yeah, I can relate. lol. It's true that there really is no problem that a drink will make better.

I had a sponsee die in january..the idea that we can always come back after a slip has led to the deaths of a lot of drunks/addicts. Just staying is a better option.

#3 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,911 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 05 April 2009 - 12:10 AM

I had a sponsee die in january..the idea that we can always come back after a slip has led to the deaths of a lot of drunks/addicts. Just staying is a better option.

That's one way to stop. It worked for several people I knew, but I'd rather not try it. Someone close to me found her pigeon dead. It's devastating.

It's very rare that I leave a meeting feeling worse than when I went in--especially on Monday nights.