The end of life as we know it?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

I want to throw out my feelings on 2012...If you look at the history of the world, there have always been major geological happinings that have pushed us to extinction, or extinquished other species altogether. Between Mega volcanic eruptions, to ice ages, all things considered, we (humanity) have been kinda lucky and have been able to surrvive. My feelings about 2012 are the same. I believe if something happens, it will wipe out most of humanity, but pockets will surrvive that will eventualy repopulate the earth.... Here's a scenario. Yellowstone blows...the ash being thrown in the atmosphere will block the sun for 6 months to a year. This is the critical time for those who have prepared themselves, by stocking up on food and supplies. This is where most people will die of starvation, due to the fact the worlds bread basket will have been completly anhilated, and we won't be able to grow food, so those who did not prepare will starve. A couple of things to remember though. You will need to get to the higher elevations (mountains). The death and disease will have polluted most of the lower lying area's. Water will be difficult to find, as will food. You'll need protection, you won't be able to trust anyone, especially if you have supplies that people my want. So, get yourself a fire arm, and prepare yourself to use it. There will be no law enforcement, it will be everyman for himself. Well, as we approach Dec. 21st 2012, we have a year to prepare. Will it happen? Who knows, but for me there are too many freaky things with the state of the world and the ancient predictions from way intelligent peoples from the past, not to try and be ready.....what say you?

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:37 PM

Preparations is mostly a state if mind for me. There are basic survival gears, but too many variables on what kind of geological catastrophe could unfold to prepare for. If it happens, tbe strongest will survive.

#3 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

Naw, I don't believe in that end of the world stuff. :coffee:

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

I wonder if the dinosaurs believed in it...

#5 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

That's just silly. The world didn't end.

#6 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Besides, the dinosaurs were too busy playing games with Jesus! :lol:

Posted Image

#7 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:05 PM

And the unicorns... Let's not forget them. Wiped out in the great flood... Poor critters... :cry1:

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Perhaps. As it turned out, their end of the world occurred. Had they saved some canned food the most prepared may have survived to tell....oh, nevermind!

#9 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

:lol:

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:11 PM

I think you got my point.

#11 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:12 PM

I guess if I wanted to answer this more seriously, I'd ask whether it would be worth surviving. Nuclear fallout for example - it's gonna get'cha in the end...

:blowup:

#12 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

I still don't believe in end-of-world scenarios, tho. :coffee:

#13 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Preparations is mostly a state if mind for me. There are basic survival gears, but too many variables on what kind of geological catastrophe could unfold to prepare for. If it happens, tbe strongest will survive.

I hear you...but whatever happens...all of the above will still apply...get out of the cities and suburbs...have as much food and water you can take with you...& be prepared to defend yourself..hopefully you won't need to do any of it..but if you are prepared & have a plan ..that is also strength that will help by some time

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Twinkies are suppose to have a long shelf life

#15 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

I'll head to the lake where we have a private well, 45 acres out back to grow stuff, and bears and rabbits and deers to hunt. Oh, and a lake full of fresh water and a forest for wood.

That's been our family survival plan every since we became a family. :)

#16 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:17 PM

Twinkies are suppose to have a long shelf life

And champagne!

#17 Stanimal

Stanimal
  • VibeTribe
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

I'll head to the lake where we have a private well, 45 acres out back to grow stuff, and bears and rabbits and deers to hunt. Oh, and a lake full of fresh water and a forest for wood.

That's a great plan..you're one of the luckey ones..do you have any room? : )

#18 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

Sounds lovely. What if the catastrophe involves a world wide nuclear fallout?

#19 MeOmYo

MeOmYo
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,376 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

I've never tried irradiated venison but I suppose if I was hungry enough, I'd give it a go. :funny1:

Most backwoods gun totin' hillbillies will tell you that their guns are not for fighting off the commies but to defend themselves and what's thiers if in a time of widespread catastrophe (not their rolex but food/water, shelter, family)

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,422 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Well, as a former and probably one day again backwoods gun totin' hillbilly, I can agree with that.

#21 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

That's a great plan..you're one of the luckey ones..do you have any room? : )

If you wanna join the survival clan, you can make a little house somewhere on the back-45 and help us farm it - the meadows have pretty much on their way back to being woodlands so we will have to clear some saplings. :)

Joining forces is the best way to survive imoho.

#22 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:40 PM

Then I am hoping to be one of the deceased - seriously, I don't think I'd want to experience the long slow decline of being poisoned by nuclear fallout.

"The Day After" scarred me for life. :undecided: