• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#101 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,223 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:59 PM

Where is this photo taken?

mt baker, WA my guess is looking towards canada. he was skiing 30 to 40 inches of powder opening day at the ski area

#102 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 10:33 PM

After a big 17" dump in the mtns above Albuquerque, looks like there's a halt in any potential storms systems. I went 4 days in a row, have 6 days in so far this season so I don't feel too bad about it.

We did get storms regularly through December, now we get a break. Let's hope Jan looks something like Dec did. :jamguy:

#103 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:07 PM

After a big 17" dump in the mtns above Albuquerque, looks like there's a halt in any potential storms systems. I went 4 days in a row, have 6 days in so far this season so I don't feel too bad about it.

We did get storms regularly through December, now we get a break. Let's hope Jan looks something like Dec did. :jamguy:

6 days so far?! Nice!! You're definitely making up for not going out at all last year :clapping: I'm going to get out for a while tomorrow before some rain is supposed to come though. Apparantly there's some potential for some snow later this week and after new year's things are supposed to start getting colder again, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some snow with the cold!

#104 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

It'll come. It has to. I can only imagine your patience will be rewarded. I mean statistically, what kind of winters do they usually see up there?

#105 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,882 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:16 AM

Let's not go to the east coat book of snow fail.

Instead let's just remember that usually Jan, Feb and March each have more snow per month than Nov., Dec. or April

#106 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

I just got talked into riding tomorrow. The joys of having a pass :lol:

When I used to bike, I'd do 6 on, 1 off. I should be able to handle 4 on, 1 off and start again. I must be getting old

#107 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 06:31 PM

You can handle it. It sucked out there this morning, then the lifts went on wind hold, so I left. As for what our winters should be, Dan is right in that we usually don't get much snow in December, but it's still really unsual to have this little snow by now. Mountains like Sugarbush average about 270' per year, but Jay Peak can easily get 100' more than that from what I've heard. My pass is to Sugarbush but I'm keeping an eye on what's going on at Jay because they've been getting a bit more snow and not the rain that we've been getting down here.

#108 kramer

kramer
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

We hit Killington on Friday. Not a ton of snow but a fair amt of trails open... plus it was snowing steadily throughout the day so we had some bonus powder building up as we skiied!! It was a great first day... nice way to ease back into the season :)

#109 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Nice! I was wondering how your day at Killington went :smile: Glad to hear it went well :clapping: Let's hope it stays nice and cold and Gore gets some snow for the Gore-kill weekend!!!

#110 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

So when are we all meeting up for a ski day?

Killington is my go to mnt so if anyone ever wants to hook up shoot me some pm.:wink:

#111 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Going to A-Basin tomorrow. Thankfully it will be free. I would not pay for this:

SNOWFALL: 0.0" past 24 hrs
0.0" past 3 days
BASE: 25"
CONDITIONS: MMG (Machine Made Groomed)
FORECAST: Partly Cloudy
LIFTS OPEN: 4 of 7
ACRES OPEN: 140 of 900

My local base is 62".. why am I driving to CO again? :lol:

#112 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Tear it up bro!!!
The whole east coast riding population is jealous!!:jamguy:

#113 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:55 PM

So when are we all meeting up for a ski day?

Killington is my go to mnt so if anyone ever wants to hook up shoot me some pm.:wink:

I'd love to get on snow with you sometime this season! Not sure if we'll make it down to Killington this year but you never know. If you feel like driving a bit further to Sugarbush at any point let us know :jamguy:

#114 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:32 PM

I have not been to the bush in years!!

Do you guys live close?
I will keep it in mind and hopefully....if we ever get this season started we can meet up.:jamguy:

#115 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

We're in Burlington so we're an easy hour from Sugarbush :smile: It'd be great if we can finally ski together!!

#116 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:10 PM

Tony I live between Sara and the Bush if you make it up this way! We'd love to have you anytime. :wink:

#117 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:16 PM

We need to have a ski the bush party.:Phishfolk:

#118 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

As of 2:30 Sugarbush had 4 inches and according to the radar and their webcam it's still coming down! I love it when snow happens when I have the week off from work :jamguy:

#119 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:46 PM

We got a couple inches here last night- nice little surprise! :dance:

#120 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

POWDER DAY!!!!! Well, more like a powder morning. It was so beautiful up there today :smile: They started dropping ropes like crazy this morning and I got a nice handful of fresh runs in before the crowds came out and started skiing it all down to the dirt. They went from 35 open trails to 50-55 as the morning went on, and they're going to be up to 80 tomorrow!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#121 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:59 PM

Thats awesome!!!

Stowe went up to 56....looks like the base is still rough 16"-26" but screw it...my skis are tuned and ready and i have had a nice rest day off from working all those 12's in a row.

They got 8" last night and hopefully the guns are roaring for the weekend now!! :jamguy:

The plan is set 5am wake up..stuff car and fly.....on snow by 8ish.:crazy:

I have not skiied there in years.:jump:

http://www.stowe.com...f=photo&id=4095

#122 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Oh man... so jealous!! I am so hoping I get out a few hours early today so I can get a few runs in at Bolton this afternoon.

#123 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

Went up to Keystone and A-Basin the other day. Meh.

Looking like a dry spell on now in NM after our December weekly dumps. Boo all around! Bring the snow back, it's in the 50s now with blue blue skies.

#124 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:01 PM

Stowe was an utter failure.

I got 5 runs in before it started raining hard.

The runs were sucky due to the fog surrounding the slopes and mnt.
I couldnt see 2 feet in front of me.

2 days in both have sucked and only one was better than working since a lady smacked my truck in the parking lot at stowe.:plain:

#125 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

Dang Tony that really sucks!!! :bang: Hope the damage isn't too bad!

thank you again for your offer of the tickets- that was super awesome of you. :wink: And I hope I didn't get you in trouble with your wife- I really had no idea you were married. :funny1:

#126 Joe

Joe
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,298 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

I can finally add to this thread. I was able to catch 2 days of skiing last week at Hunter and Windham. Nothing special at all but hey any day im on my rides I'm a happy person.

#127 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

Bad day on the hill is better than a good day at the office.. atleast it's supposed to be that way :lol:

#128 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,286 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

And I hope I didn't get you in trouble with your wife- I really had no idea you were married. :funny1:

Oh this should be good - What did you do?

#129 fire_rocket

fire_rocket
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Oh this should be good - What did you do?

:funny1: Well first he met my husband and said something like "You really do exist! I thought you were make believe."

So then I said something like "I didn't even know you were married." :lol: But then we also established the fact that we didn't know each other very well.

My husband was picking on me about it later that night which made me feel bad so I just wanted to make sure I didn't upset her. You know how us hippy women are, ya know. :devil::funny1:

#130 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

We need to have a ski the bush party.:Phishfolk:

The Kind Buds are playing Sugarbush - Mount Ellen on Saturday Jan 14 from 3 - 6 PM. Then they head to SlideBrook Lodge & Tavern to play at 9:30 PM .....SlideBrook is a rockin good time - clean, inexpensive rooms too....

Sunday Jan 15 The Kind Buds play an apres ski at Okemo Ski Resort from 3 - 6 PM

The Buds return to Sugarbush on Saturday Feb 4 to play the Castle Rock Pub at Lincoln Peak and then at night they return to SlideBrook Lodge at 9:30 PM

Friday Feb 10 The Buds head up north to Jay Peak to play the Tower Bar from 6 - 9 PM.

Saturday Feb 11 The Kind Buds head south to Bromley to play the Wild Boar Tavern from 3:30 - 6:30

Saturday March 17 the O'BudlyBrothers play Jay Peak from 3 - 6 PM.....later that night they head to Montgomery Ctr to play the SnowShoe Lodge at 9:30 PM

Always check http://www.thekindbuds for more dates!

#131 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:12 PM

Finally got back on the snow today at Gunstock. A bit chilly, snow was hard as rock, but the guns were blasting and things will get better.

#132 Jambear

Jambear
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 12:21 AM

No you didnt get me in any trouble and hell i only see you in a crowd once a year if i'm lucky.

#133 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,882 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:03 AM

Had to drive 2.5 hours to cross country ski at Osceola

First real XC ski of the season. Crazy to have to drive !

#134 Heady

Heady
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,333 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:56 AM

So we know the snow is non-existent in the west this winter. How bad is it? Here is the snowpack from this year versus last year.

Posted Image

#135 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:28 AM

Same deal in the East.

Hear BC is doing okay though. I believe Whistler is 100% open.

Got out for my third day of the year today. Conditions were full on blue ice, but still had a blast. The Fischer Motive 84 C-line's I picked up this summer are the fucking shit. Obviously never driven one, but I'm sure these skis are like an AWD Porche with studded snows. And that's just with a factory tune. Going to have my local shop put a race tune on them and really have some fun.

#136 Jerky

Jerky
  • VibeTribe
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:47 AM

been looking for killington deals to stay!!! Rmb is playing the pickle barrel on 3/1!!!!

#137 TE

TE
  • VibeTribe
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:44 AM

B: We are thinking go up Wednesday night, staying nearby and hitting the slopes Thursday and Friday. Its just too long a trip to get up there in the am early enough for a decent day of skiing. Hotels are not too bad during the week. Hopefully another show gets anounced in the area for Friday and/or Saturday for a Bleuahead Mini-Tour:boogie::dance::boogie::dance::boogie::dance:

#138 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:09 AM

Ryan, that's awesome that your skis are working out so well!! My new ones have proved to be amazing on hard stuff, pretty decent in powder and solid in the slush. They're 84's as well. If you're ever up here and need a tune while you're here, check out Ski Sharp in Waitsfield. It's a tiny shop run out of a garage but those guys are pretty serious about their tuning.

We went to Gore Mountain on Saturday and had spring conditions. Things were a bit thin, but I'd take wet and a bit thin over a sheet of ice any day :clapping: It's one of my favorite mountains so it was great to get back out there. This weekend is looking like a day at Jay Peak and a day or 2 at Sugarbush :boogie: This upcoming storm is now looking like snow up here instead of the mix they were forecasting earlier. LET IT SNOW BITCHES!!!!!:Phishfolk:

#139 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:17 PM

My boys were skiiing Mt Ellen @ Sugarbush North this past Saturday and they said conditions were good - yes, more snow would be good -, like spring skiiing!

The Buds are at Sugarbush Mt Ellen's Green Mtn Pub this Saturday (Jan 14) from 3 - 6 and then Slidebrook at night

Sunday - Okeemo Mtn Apres ski from 3 - 6 PM!

#140 wheels

wheels
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Skiing & snowboarding resorts all throughout the United States are desperate for snow. This 2011/2012 season has to be breaking records for no real natural snow. Everytime I check the Summit County Colorado resort webcams the sun is shining. See for yourself. A-Basin is still just 5 intermediate groomers.:undecided:
http://www.arapahoeb...tions/runs.aspx

#141 Jerky

Jerky
  • VibeTribe
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

It finally snowed yippie!!!!!:thumbsup:

#142 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:01 PM

The snow is falling in Vermont!

#143 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,415 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:07 PM

rode bromley>stratton>killington over the past week. lousy conditions.

bromley got 6-8 inches yesterday/overnight so i'll be heading over there once i finish my stint of
my procrastination on the board.

#144 scarfire

scarfire
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,415 posts
  • Locationmatzah pizza

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:12 PM

The snow is falling in Vermont!

just looked out the window. it's definitely falling kitty!

#145 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,126 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

Pretty good week.

Sugarbush Monday, Stowe Tuesday, Cannon Wednesday, Gunstock yesterday with about 8 inches of fresh.

New skis did just okay in that amount of snow. Switched up to my 92MM High Society Freerides and they were much better, though for a powder day, I'd really prefer to be running something at least 100 underfoot. It'll be a few years before I convince my wife of my need for another pair of skis.

If anyone wants to donate a set of the linked sticks below in the 182 size, thanks in advance

http://skilogik.com/...rschariotrl.php

#146 KittyKindBud

KittyKindBud
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Just heard the noontime news and the west of the Green Mountains - (Sugarbush and Mad River) are expected to get HEAVY snow today!!!!!....and the Buds play 2 gigs in Sugarbush on Saturday....fun fun fun!

#147 TE

TE
  • VibeTribe
  • 93 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

This weekend Football x 4! Next Saturday Sugarbush (still think it sounds like a Southern stripper):lol:, Sunday Pico.:thumbsup:

#148 Speckta

Speckta
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

Going to Mt. Snow VT on Sunday.

Planning a trip to Pico sometimes in February.

#149 lostchord

lostchord
  • VibeTribe
  • 393 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just got back from Jay Peak a little while ago and it was COLD (-20 w/ wind). They got a whole bunch of snow but unfortunately the wind blew most of it away :sad: The trees were really nice though and there were some nice stashes to be found, so overall it was a damn good day :jamguy: That was actually my first time at Jay so it was good to get the lay of the land so I'll know where to go next time we head up there :dance: If it wasn't so damn cold I'd probably have some pictures to post, but taking off my mitten to get a picture just wasn't going to happen today.

#150 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,882 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:54 PM

Posted Image