New Haven Protests

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#151 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

A friend told Tabbooma last night who knows super cop, he said super cop had a small part in the Star Wars the Empire Strikes back movie.. Hmmm.. maybe he wanted to be Darth, Tabbooma is not sure but he will look into it. May 1st Kids, General Strike :)

I wanna go to NY that day - trying to gather some troops

#152 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,375 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

Jack, not for nothing, but you also seem to be demonizing an entire group for the actions of a few.

I'm wondering if I know the homeless guy that "over slept"

You just might.

I wanna go to NY that day - trying to gather some troops

A bunch of us are going down.

#153 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Where have I done anything like that?

As I've said I've specifically tried not to do that and the only thing that I think could be construed that way was my remark about not going out in style at the top of the last page which, as I stated, was about the girl taking the video who was going nuts screaming and hurling insults.

I'm pretty sure I've commended those of you who protested peacefully and respectfully more than a few times.

#154 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

http://www.pixiq.com...e-approves-bill

#155 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,375 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Where have I done anything like that? As I've said I've specifically tried not to do that and the only thing that I think could be construed that way was my remark about not going out in style at the top of the last page which, as I stated, was about the girl taking the video who was going nuts screaming and hurling insults. I'm pretty sure I've commended those of you who protested peacefully and respectfully more than a few times.

I apologize if I misconstrued anything you said, Jack.

<embed width="576" height="324" src="http://media.nbcconn...CnIgjrfcf4j2yq" flashvars="v=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcconnecticut.com%2Fi%2Fembed_new%2F%3Fcid%3D148101345&path=%2F/video"allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" /> <p style="font-size:small">View more videos at: <a href="http://nbcconnecticu...ut.com</a>.</p>

<embed width="576" height="324" src="http://media.nbcconn...d={releasePID}" flashvars="v=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nbcconnecticut.com%2Fi%2Fembed_new%2F%3Fcid%3D148008775&path=%2F/video"allowFullScreen="true" AllowScriptAccess="always" /> <p style="font-size:small">View more videos at: <a href="http://nbcconnecticu...ut.com</a>.</p>

http://www.pixiq.com/article/connecticut-senate-approves-bill

It's about time.

#156 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,375 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Ok, it won't embed anything...

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/13-Arrests-as-Occupy-New-Haven-Camp-Closes/148008775

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/More-than-One-Dozen-Arrested-in-Occupy-New-Haven-Eviction/148101345

Check these two videos...particularly the blonde guy with the glasses being shoved by that dickhole.

#157 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

dickhole

#158 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:40 PM

As I've stated already there seems to have been good and bad folks on both sides of this. There's not a doubt in my mind there are overzealous cops who take it too far and there's not a doubt in my mind there are protesters instigating situations looking for confrontation.

Those doing wrong on either side should be held accountable.

Those trying to do the right thing for the right reason, cop or protester, shouldn't be subjected to attack by their counterparts.

#159 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

i think the police and the protesters should all get together and see a marriage counselor or something

#160 Condormania

Condormania
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,375 posts
  • LocationDerby

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:17 PM

i think the police and the protesters should all get together and see a marriage counselor or something

I think you should see a party counselor. You're doing it wrong.

#161 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:21 PM

what does a party counselor do?

#162 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,975 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

How quickly you seem to forget.

#163 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,411 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

I think you should see a party counselor. You're doing it wrong.

what does a party counselor do?

How quickly you seem to forget.

Sounds like he's doing it right

#164 capt_morgan

capt_morgan
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,495 posts
  • Locationatlantic ocean

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

:lol:

#165 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 21,975 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

:clapping:

That and food. :grin:

#166 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Jack, not for nothing, but you also seem to be demonizing an entire group for the actions of a few. You just might. A bunch of us are going down.

where are you leaving from? are you headed out that morning? coming back later that day? is there room for another?

#167 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

I'll send you Seans number, you will love the crew going down to NY.

where are you leaving from? are you headed out that morning? coming back later that day? is there room for another?

#168 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

Tabbooma's is thinking of sending a bill to the city of New Haven for housing and feeding homeless people, the city is closing an over flow shelter and another may be closing for renovations.. Have been hearing hundreds of additional homeless will be back on the streets and since the city says it cost them almost $50K a month to run a shelter that times the 6 months of the occupation minus their inflated costs for the ONH camp, Tabbooma figures the city owes ONH $150K ;)

#169 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

but the DHS has 880,000,000 taxpayer dollars to buy 2,700 of these to use against its own citizens

Posted Image

#170 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

(((feeding people)))

))))war mongering(((

#171 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,639 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I'll send you Seans number, you will love the crew going down to NY.

got it, thanks, really wanna go. calling tomorrow!

edit: I can't go :(

I was excited because classes end Thursday so I figured I'd be all set. But my second/night job still has classes for 4 more weeks. on Tuesday nights. didn't put that together until leaving class tonight :(

I'm going to see if Occupy URI has something local with which I can get involved.

#172 Jwheelz

Jwheelz
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,816 posts
  • LocationNutmeg State

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

Tabbooma's is thinking of sending a bill to the city of New Haven for housing and feeding homeless people, the city is closing an over flow shelter and another may be closing for renovations.. Have been hearing hundreds of additional homeless will be back on the streets and since the city says it cost them almost $50K a month to run a shelter that times the 6 months of the occupation minus their inflated costs for the ONH camp, Tabbooma figures the city owes ONH $150K ;)

I think this is a very fascinating idea... pretty interesting way to drive home the point about where priorities currently lie and where they could go :)

#173 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:04 PM

:bouncey:

NEW HAVEN, CT (WFSB) -
The 13 Occupy New Haven protesters arrested earlier this month for not clearing the Green when police moved in to evict them appeared in court Friday.
All of them faced up to a year in jail.
The protesters' attorney worked out a deal with the judge to have the criminal charges reduced to an infraction.
Instead of dealing with a trial, all of the protesters were given the choice of either paying a $50 fine, or completing five hours of community service.
Most said they would do community service.
Coming up on Eyewitness News starting at 5 p.m., New Haven Bureau Chief Robert Goulston talks one-on-one with a mother who showed up in court to support one of the younger protesters.

#174 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:05 PM

;)

I think this is a very fascinating idea... pretty interesting way to drive home the point about where priorities currently lie and where they could go :)

#175 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Just keep involved and Tabbooma's knows you are and admires that.. Lots of ways to spread messages ;)

got it, thanks, really wanna go. calling tomorrow! edit: I can't go :( I was excited because classes end Thursday so I figured I'd be all set. But my second/night job still has classes for 4 more weeks. on Tuesday nights. didn't put that together until leaving class tonight :( I'm going to see if Occupy URI has something local with which I can get involved.

#176 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Special thanks to Condor and his hard work in securing legal counsel from the National Lawyers Guild. Diane is an angel and a hell of a woman. We were lucky to have her on our side.

As for Mayday, ONHV has some actions planned for that day which I will likely support since it seems traveling to NYC has a high probability of ending in arrest and I have spent more than enough time in a court room lately.

#177 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:27 PM

Condor cleaned up like a shiny new penny for court... Tabbooma saw that line on FB.. love it... Tabbooma thinks Kawak is being wise by not going to NYC... ;)

#178 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

I wish people would stop labeling others as this, or that, or the other thing.

this guy thinks with his head, this guy with his heart, and this guy only thinks with his dick...

don't you see what a skewed perspective that is? Don't we all think with our entire bodies at various times?

I think there's too much attention to individuals around here. I believe that nobody accomplishes anything without the help of others, and I don't think anyone involved in the occupy movement is looking for personal recognition. It sounds patronizing and is antithetic to the cause.

#179 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Who is patronizing anyone, because Tabbooma said condor cleaned up like a shiny penny or that Kawak was being wise for not getting busted for a third time, these guysTabbooma considers good friends that he spent plenty of time with down at ONH... We worked together to build something on that green and to hold it, so if Tabbooma wants to pat one of his friends on the ass so beit and if you dont care for it then that is your problem, Tabbooma will save a pat for you one day ;)

#180 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Will it be one of those loving TSA-like pats?

#181 PeaceFrog

PeaceFrog
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationWhisky a Go Go

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

waaaay back at the beginning of this thread. I probably shouldn't have bothered bringing it up again, but I hadn't seen this thread until yesterday.

#182 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

Ahhhhh... This thread was about supporting boardies that were camping on the New Haven green, Tabbooma did get support from many boardies (they know who they are) helping out the ONH folks and Tabbooma will forever be indebted to the supporting folks and definitely much appreciated :)

waaaay back at the beginning of this thread. I probably shouldn't have bothered bringing it up again, but I hadn't seen this thread until yesterday.

#183 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Nah, better... Tabbooma loves giving hugs, if the occaisional arse grab comes out of it, so beit. ;)

Will it be one of those loving TSA-like pats?

#184 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,631 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

Nah, better... Tabbooma loves giving hugs, if the occaisional arse grab comes out of it, so beit. ;)

Who doesn't love a nice reverse reach around? :dunno:

#185 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Just a shame, Marina had one bright future with so much potential to help find change in this country, sorry to her family and friends <3

http://www.facebook....rue&h=mAQEXfejx

#186 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,330 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Posted Image