New Haven Protests

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:40 AM

Tonight went good but still looking for more heat. :wink: Big winter survival meeting tomorrow night. Thanks to TimB and Deadheadskier for their donations, very appreciated... Tabbooma can get some more kerosene. Tabbooma also talked to a bunch of the people there and most have been to the Vibes mutliple times, guess they are extended family that need help, Condormania are Kawk (Including Kawks Girl, man she rocks!) are still rocking the site... :v:

#2 Sunshower

Sunshower
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,456 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:49 AM

:jump::heart::heart::heart:

#3 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:53 AM

:jump::heart::heart::heart:

ditto :)

#4 Slarti

Slarti
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:57 AM

you're going to need fire to keep warm :lol:

#5 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:01 AM

Yep, some house kerosene heaters will do :wink:

#6 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

Long day, going to bed :smile:

#7 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

CP and I will be out Saturday to do some interviews.

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

Tonight went good but still looking for more heat. :wink: Big winter survival meeting tomorrow night. Thanks to TimB and Deadheadskier for their donations, very appreciated... Tabbooma can get some more kerosene. Tabbooma also talked to a bunch of the people there and most have been to the Vibes mutliple times, guess they are extended family that need help, Condormania are Kawk (Including Kawks Girl, man she rocks!) are still rocking the site... :v:

Good people who think with their hearts. :heart:

#9 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

good, genuine people, that have no motives other than to better their country, with good hearts, doing what they can. (((kawk, tabbooma, condor, christenbear))) much love to you guys for the work you're doing.

#10 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Horseshit TEO, think with my heart? What do you think I am some fucking moron, go fuck yourself, this is about helping people, helping boardies and some one keeps moving it, why? and who keeps moving it?? This place is supposed to be about family, about a tribe? if it was people would step up anyway they could to help other family (tribe) members, bunch of bullshit.

Good people who think with their hearts. :heart:

#11 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

Horseshit TEO, think with my heart? What do you think I am some fucking moron, go fuck yourself, this is about helping people, helping boardies and some one keeps moving it, why? and who keeps moving it?? This place is supposed to be about family, about a tribe? if it was people would step up anyway they could to help other family (tribe) members, bunch of bullshit.

Sorry you misunderstood my reference Tabbooma in the studies I have done I learned the wisest folks think with their hearts and feel with their heads. It was meant as an acknowledgement of those who are working for the greater good in truth and without self-centeredness.

#12 deadheadskier

deadheadskier
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

I generally think with my loins. I've heard reports of debilitating shrinkage in New Haven. So, I donated to the cause. :funny1:

#13 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

Oh in case you still want to believe that is horseshit, you should be able to find where over the years I have posted numerous times, that we need to think with our hearts and feel with our heads.

#14 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:36 PM

I generally think with my loins. I've heard reports of debilitating shrinkage in New Haven. So, I donated to the cause. :funny1:

I was debating on sending rain ponchos last night, but wasn't sure if the emergency ones would hold up to say a fire hose in cold weather. Figure it is prudent to be prepared for the worst while hoping for the best.

#15 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

hey tabbooma - i've emailed lf about some questions i had if you get chance (know youre busy but sharing ideas would be awesome)

#16 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

wow..... i never thought i'd see the day where you, of all people, speak to renee that way...

#17 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

wow..... i never thought i'd see the day where you, of all people, speak to renee that way...

#18 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

I read what she said as nice. I don't get it? Am I missing something?

If someone said 'People who think with their hearts :heart: ' to me I think they were complimenting me.

Tabbooma, I'm floored by your response. :( Am i just being dense?

#19 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

Now I'm thinking Tabbooma is worn out and pissed that the thread got moved and is blaming TEO for it :sad:

#20 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,448 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

:cry1:

Why come we are dividing here? Why come?

((((Tabbooma))))
((((TEO))))

Why come, guys? Why come? :cry1:

#21 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:30 PM

Now I'm thinking Tabbooma is worn out and pissed that the thread got moved and is blaming TEO for it :sad:

Something like this, I'm guessin'.

Hope everyone can take a moment to breathe. You both rock.

#22 Phishfolk

Phishfolk
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,850 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:45 PM

You both rock.

Q40

#23 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts
  • LocationRockland and Long Island, NY

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

((rest and warmth)) TEO wasn't saying a mean thing. Sorry if you read it that way.
--
Unrelated
--
I find occupation impractical. Occupy Patchogue meets from 5pm-9pm. That makes more sense. Come together and work to effect positive change. Don't get sick living outside in the winter. What point does living outside hope to make?

#24 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

They're singing in New Haven right now.

Posted Image

#25 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

Tasb :lol:. I have a 3-letter word for you.

#26 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

Singing outdoors makes sense. :)

#27 Slave Self Promoted

Slave Self Promoted
  • VibeTribe
  • 6,631 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

sean should really be wearing a coat. :tapfoot:

#28 Tim the Beek

Tim the Beek
  • VibeTribe
  • 15,885 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

What point does living outside hope to make?

Just my way of thinking, but I think the dedication folks are showing in this way draws more attention to what they're attempting to get done. (Though what "they" in the larger sense are attempting to get done is a little murky because there are a variety of opinions/philosophies represented in the movement.)

#29 KrisNYG

KrisNYG
  • VibeTribe
  • 8,959 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

wow. :(

#30 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,591 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

:cry1:

Why come we are dividing here? Why come?

((((Tabbooma))))
((((TEO))))

Why come, guys? Why come? :cry1:

I thought I was honoring and being supportive with my comment.

You tell me please? :sad:

#31 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,448 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

I think tabby be worn out from all of his efforts and maybe took it the wrong way. Misunderstandings occur. Maybe reconciliation is still highly probable. That tabbooma is a great guy. He'll probably come back to see it wasnt an insult but instead complimentary. :)

#32 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

#33 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

Speaking of vagueness, what, specifically, are current goals ONH is working toward, and via what method(s), other than outdoor living?

Does forming an association and hiring a lobbyist not work anymore? Obama tried to get a bill passed to create jobs and republicans shot it down. While people are outside, how many are directly contacting their elected representatives on both sides of the aisle and urging them to reach a bipartisan solution to get folks back to work?

Is anyone from Head Count or a similar organization there making sure every person occupying is not only registered to vote (big picture, we're electing a new president next year), but knows where their local polling place is and has a way to get there on election day, this year?

Have local candidates in next Tuesday's elections been invited down to speak to the occupants and any media there re: why people should vote for them this Tuesday? Grass roots starts with local people and local politicians.

#34 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

well, sarah, I can say I've contacted elected officials because of this movement - they are sparking conversations, getting news coverage, putting pressure on politicians to the point that they are now addressing occupiers in their interviews/debates, reigniting interest in politics, and giving us hope that we are not alone. also, look at the effect of bank transfer day!

#35 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:28 PM

as far as what they're working on, go to a few general assemblies to find out :smile:

#36 Raynequeen

Raynequeen
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

as far as what they're working on, go to a few general assemblies to find out :smile:

totally.

#37 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

If I weren't in school, I'd have no reason not to be there. I got into school as I hit bottom, hard, financially. Visiting my dad is more important than going to GAs, right now. Petitions and staying in touch w/local politicians are things I do online and via the community organization with which I volunteer.

I'm in favor of reviving something WPA-esque to help people get back to work, and of not penalizing people w/bachelor's degrees whose fields have changed and now need career retraining, as far as student aid and loan opportunities go. I do more good by visiting my dad in the hospital than by occupying any street, until he's done with rehab. After that, I'll see how much help he needs and will continue to do what I can online and locally.

I can't risk my health and ability to train in the clinic by spending excess time outside. I'm interested in community dentistry. I'll do more good, in the long run, by doing well at school and staying healthy. I want to make sure everyone who needs one can find an affordable tooth replacement solution. The next step is probably lab tech training. No one should have to choose between heating their home and eating solid food, but so many people do. There has to be a way to make prosthetic teeth affordable and widely available.

#38 August West

August West
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,224 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

:dunno:

:heart:

#39 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:50 PM

http://connecticut.o...g-after-2-weeks

#40 Crescent Moon

Crescent Moon
  • VibeTribe
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

I have just absorbed everything there is to see here.... There are only three little words that we all must remember here....

I LOVE YOU! :heart::heart::heart:

#41 sarah b.

sarah b.
  • VibeTribe
  • 73,928 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

I love you, too, Lisa.

Thanks for the link, Froggie. Looks like a nice community service organization / improvised commune. Nice work!

#42 china cat

china cat
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,814 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:25 AM

mom's here, everyone settle down :funny1:

hai lisa :heart:

#43 Karen

Karen
  • VibeTribe
  • 9,936 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

I have just absorbed everything there is to see here.... There are only three little words that we all must remember here....

I LOVE YOU! :heart::heart::heart:

I love you too Lisa! :heart:

mom's here, everyone settle down :funny1:

hai lisa :heart:

(((China))) Thank goodness Lisa showed up! XOXO

#44 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,911 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

Meet good people, experience some mutual hardship bonding. Sounds good to me.

#45 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Same video as yesterday.

Posted Image

#46 little frog

little frog
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,626 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

it's all going great over there .. there are a lot of folks that are vibes attendees as well but not boardies. they are still a bit cold though. working on that

#47 Tabbooma

Tabbooma
  • VibeTribe
  • 23,459 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

Rayne,

We came up with some great ideas, sorry I did not see your email.. I will send it out. Tabbooma just got home, long couple days getting ready for storm. Today we went out and picked up over 150 pallets.. We are taking the pallets, stufiing them with hay, putting a piece of carpet (Carpet installers will have plenty laying around) on top of the pallet and then putting the 3 tents (low to the ground dome tents) in like a triangle and covering the whole assembly with a trap, tacking the bottom of the tarp down, with a good sleeping bag all is good, we also have a kerosene heater for the main tent but fuel is expensive at $30 a day. Two boardies kicked in for some fuel and my brothers donated some cash too, we may have scored a generator and all the free bio diesel we want, also going to start passing around a hat around to collect cash at the GA's, we have lots more people at the GA's. Also looking to sell bracelets and crafts for fund raising.. We are also taking silverwear and bending the end into a ring of the spoons and forks and are going to sell them as hoboware or occupyware :wink: Lastly we are looking for lots of wool sweaters to make socks, mittens and hopefully some blankets. Again, much appreciated to the two boardies for donating. Rayne Give tabbooma a call, can get number from Allison, be warm and safe! :v:

hey tabbooma - i've emailed lf about some questions i had if you get chance (know youre busy but sharing ideas would be awesome)

#48 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:28 AM

I'll see you tomorrow.

#49 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,783 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

I was out there for a bit today getting an audio tour in the snow and rain. They can't say enough about Tabbooma. Tune in tomorrow at 11 AM for live and recorded interviews.

#50 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,527 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

They can't say enough about Tabbooma.

He IS the Great Pumpkin :clapping: