Spiritual Retreats..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

i went on one this weekend ,Matt Talbot Group 107 ,and i HIGHLY recommend this for anyone trying to get and maintain sobriety!!!

this was not a religious retreat of anysorts ,a strictly Spritual weekend with others. Although it turns out the original text book definition of Spirituality is "filled with the breath of god" before it was muddled for modern terms.

Turns out Matt Talbot is globaly considered the Patron Saint of AA.

#2 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:06 AM

WOOOOHOOOO!!! this coming tues-thursday i am the lucky recipient of a scholarship spot at Cor Maria in Sag Harbor!! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO Talbot grp.11 i think.

man i cant WAIT!! when the man that is running this one ,he has known me since i was in the dwi trailer and all along my path so far ,found out i had just accepted a sponsee who only has 11 days today he extended the last scholarship spot to him so we could do it together!!!

i dont know what i did in a past life or this one to deserve such blessings but i have seriously been sooo spoiled in blessings in sobriety. sometimes i'm overwhelmed with just sheer joy i am just speechless. thank you

#3 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:32 AM

May be going on a Matt Talbot retreat at the end of Nov

#4 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

I did go this past week tues through thur and what an AWESOME time it is ,it just goes to fast. These Retreats make all the difference in sobriety for me ,the focus on the spiritual side of recovery.

it was an incredible experience to be there with my sponsor and sponsee ,a generational thing lol

Amazingly i was asked to chair the Eleventh Step prayer and meditation meeting at the end of wed night. that was just an awesome affirmation ,since the guys that run this particular group have known me since i was in the dwi trailer and have seen me all this time.

#5 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Retreats are a perfect place to rediscover your center, be in nature and reflect. Enjoy!

#6 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

This Matt Talbot retreat has been incredible. Words cannot describe how I feel right now.

#7 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,750 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

well Mr. Bo Berry.. AINT IT FREAKIN AWESOME!!!? i was on a high for WEEKS!

#8 Mr Bo Berry

Mr Bo Berry
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,334 posts
  • LocationDerby CT

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

Unbelievable. Terry and I both went on retreat last weekend. I have lots to give thanks for this season.