• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal reached with Hamas says Netanyahu

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced that a tentative deal to secure the release of Sgt. Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier held captive for the past five years, had been reached. The exact timing of the actual exchange is still unclear, but could be as soon as next week. As Joel Greenberg reported :

http://www.washingto...ixfL_story.html

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,392 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

A nunya...

#3 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:02 AM

i will be having a hard time sleeping till i know he is alive, it is good he is going home...

#4 Julius

Julius
  • VibeTribe
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:49 AM

What a terrible deal. If Hamas gets 1000 prisoners freed for one soldier, every IDF soldier on guard duty is now in danger of being targeted for capture. This only creates incentive to capture more soldiers and hold them for ransom. NEVER DEAL WITH TERRORISTS, PERIOD.

#5 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

yea, thats an american attitude jcs, the israeli attitude is you don't leave a soldier behind enemy lines, you get them home.

when nearly every son and daughter goes to the army, the attitude changes. every IDF soldier was already a target for kidnapping, the rules of engagement have changed for the IDF so as to make evading capture more important then avoiding friendly fire. but you bring the boys home no matter what.

I am having a very emotional morning over this...

#6 motti

motti
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

srsly my face has been leaking all morning...