Optometry Technician Seeking Employment

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

I am posting Tyler's CV here in hopes that he may make a good connection thru our vibrant community! Tyler will be arriving in Northampton MA tomorrow morning, and is immediately searching for a job in his field as an experienced optometry technician. We'd like to find something in and around western Massachusetts, so please feel free to pm me or contact Tyler at the email provided below if you know of anything!

=======

Hello,

My wife and I have recently married and relocated to Western Massachusetts where I am seeking employment within my field as an optometry technician. I appreciate working closely with my patients and teammates, and am looking to work in a clinic where my current expertise in conducting varied ocular health tests will be both an asset as well as allowing me to continue to grow within this profession.

I am currently looking for a full time position in an optometry clinic in where my skills and experience as certified paraoptometric technician will be put to full use. I have impeccable references which are readily available upon request. Feel free to contact me by responding to the email address for this posting.

====

Relevant Employment History:

Dec 2005 - Feb 2011 - Eye Tech Eye Associates - Dr. Gary Morgan - Phoenix, AZ.

Thanks to my experience at Eye Tech Eye Associates, I have gained valuable knowledge in many fields of eye care as well as client relations, including advising clients as to available options included in their insurance coverage.

I am accredited with a COA from Board of Optometry, Phoenix, AZ and would be happy to become accredited with the board of your choice should it be necessary.

I am qualified and experienced in executing the following tests:

- IOP checks using tonometry
- Visual Fields and OCT's
- Retinal photography
- Optos imaging
- Pachymetry
- Using a phoropter
- Using a lensometer
- Checking angles for dilation
- Contact lens training
- Knowledge of client insurance coverage and options
- Extensive experience in maintaing electronic medical records using software such as Medinotes and Officemate

Education:

2008 - COA with Board of Optometry, Phoenix, AZ.
1999 - 2000 - Television Production, Glendale Community College, Phoenix, AZ.

====

I hope to hear from you regarding this position and would enjoy having the opportunity to meet with you to see if I would make a good fit on your health care team. You may contact me via email at tjkelso(at)gmail(dot)com

Thank you for your consideration.

-Tyler

#2 Lazy Lightning

Lazy Lightning
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,236 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Anything available in and around Bennington VT would be welcome as well! :)