WC: What is the point of

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

Besides being a waste for government resources, what is their point? What is the overall message and do they think anyone cares?

#2 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

Besides being a waste for government resources, what is their point? What is the overall message and do they think anyone cares?

Clearly many people care.

Oh and moved to P&R in 3...2...1...:lol:

#3 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

The
most
important
thing
you
will
ever
learn
is
to
LOVE
each
other
and be
LOVED
in
return

#4 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

It looks the people who actually care are much less than 1% of the 99%.

#5 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:39 PM

What is their agenda though. I don't watch the news and only read articles on topics that interest me so I have no idea what their actual agenda is. And what they hope to accomplish. The only thing I saw on the news was that there were like 10 tents set up in Philly, some knucklehead was holding seminars and it costs $80K per day to deal with the morans. Didn't watch long enough to see lolvic.

#6 Uncle Coulro

Uncle Coulro
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

The world economy is so systemically dysfunctional, there are no immediate solutions. "Occupy", at least, is getting the conversation started. I think the occupiers are heroes.

#7 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Well, I would say that looks are deceiving. There are lots of people that aren't protesting that feel the same way.

#8 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

:funny1:

Yes so funny. You don't even live in this country but still like to throw stones across the ocean. Does this ever get tired for you?

#9 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Possibly.

What is the agenda, though? What is their desired outcome? Just trying to understand.

#10 FYC (Find Your Cloud)

FYC (Find Your Cloud)
  • VibeTribe
  • 747 posts
  • LocationIn the clouds

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

The world economy is so systemically dysfunctional, there are no immediate solutions. "Occupy", at least, is getting the conversation started. I think the occupiers are heroes.

Agreed.
100% agreed.
Occupy is, IMO, in some respects about consciousness and awareness. So many people are stumbling through their life entirely disinterested in the political process, in their own civic duty to help steer the nation in the way it needs to go. I believe in large part this movement is about getting the dialogue started so that more people take a look around them and begin to ask questions. If this is the only thing this movement accomplishes in the end, then so be it, I still mark it as a success.

#11 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

Agreed.
100% agreed.
Occupy is, IMO, in some respects about consciousness and awareness. So many people are stumbling through their life entirely disinterested in the political process, in their own civic duty to help steer the nation in the way it needs to go. I believe in large part this movement is about getting the dialogue started so that more people take a look around them and begin to ask questions. If this is the only thing this movement accomplishes in the end, then so be it, I still mark it as a success.

These. :clapping:

#12 JBetty

JBetty
  • VibeTribe
  • 20,292 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Which rock are you living under today?

100% of the people I've talked to care about it. They care alot.

#13 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

Which rock are you living under today?

100% of the people I've talked to care about it. They care alot.

Interesting. No on has talked to me about it. I haven't heard anyone talk about it except here, PT and on the news. I don't even know what it is.

#14 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:55 PM

au contraire !
but I do live there several months out of the year :wink:

Ok..That being said, do you find this stuation amusing? You seem to laugh an awful lot about it. Just asking...

#15 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

I don't even know what it is.

I'm guessing that you do given all the threads posted here about it.

#16 Goose

Goose
  • VibeTribe
  • 605 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:01 PM

One of the topics is more oversight on Wall Street to prevent future events like the credit default swap crash, insider trading, Bernie Madoff types. All of which they were warned about but just let it happen. Are you for corruption or against it?

There's more than 10 tents. Philly sent them a letter saying they might have to leave soon because they had planned to build a 50 million dollar skating rink soon. so :rolleyes: 32,000 a day in Police overtime, (and they would have been on duty doing something else)
Good thing the Phillies didn't win because those parades would have cost the police close to a Million and they don't pay wage or property taxes.

#17 halfstar

halfstar
  • VibeTribe
  • 16,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

I'm guessing that you do given all the threads posted here about it.

I didn

#18 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

some of it, yeah
I also find some it inspirational and moving
I also find some it disturbing and disgusting

Perhaps taking a more serious approach to the subject rather than a humorous one might be better. :wink:

#19 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

why's that?

Be a part of the solution. Laughing at it just makes you look like either you don't care or think that this won't affect you at some point down the road.

#20 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:33 PM

What is their agenda though. I don't watch the news and only read articles on topics that interest me so I have no idea what their actual agenda is. And what they hope to accomplish. The only thing I saw on the news was that there were like 10 tents set up in Philly, some knucklehead was holding seminars and it costs $80K per day to deal with the morans. Didn't watch long enough to see lolvic.

there was a count as of saturday of 324 tents.

#21 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Interesting. No on has talked to me about it. I haven't heard anyone talk about it except here, PT and on the news. I don't even know what it is.

well that's your own damn fault then, isn't it?

#22 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:37 PM

think that this won't affect you at some point down the road.

of course it will...her family lives near the drum circles:sad:

#23 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:42 PM

of course it will...her family lives near the drum circles:sad:

Yea...I got a laugh out of that one. :lol:

#24 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Understand that your interjection of laughter detracts and in someways insults those who have taken up this cause. That is why you end up with the reaction you get.

If you had something that you felt so strongly about and others mocked and laughed at you...would that frustrate you?

#25 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

there's been others on here that i've disagreed with about this throughout this entire month (happy anniversary, occupy:smile: )...i've disagreed w joker on cop issues, tasb on whether or not the movement is compromised, and robberry and this one and that one on the point of it etc. etc....they've all had valid arguments...i disagree with some of them...rionach is just trying to be a heckler and doing a piss poor job at it...just don't respond and she'll probably go away

#26 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Reason to be pissed off #1: Goldman Sachs
http://www.rollingst...achine-20100405

#27 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,013 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Reason to be pissed off #2: what happened to your bailout money
http://www.rollingst...hustle-20100217

A year and a half after they were minutes away from bankruptcy, how are these assholes not only back on their feet again, but hauling in bonuses at the same rate they were during the bubble?

The answer to that question is basically twofold: They raped the taxpayer, and they raped their clients.

#28 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:21 PM

dude, it happens every day on these boards
to me, to you, to others
by me,, by you, by others
:wink:

Oh I see...It happens therefore it is ok and right to do. There's some fucked up backwards thinking logic for you.

I tried to get you to understand in a civil way why things are important to people but you choose the path of mockery and laughter as opposed to saying nothing.

I think I just defined troll.....:dunno:

#29 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

oh, so you've never mocked or laughed at me? is that what you are saying?
you are saying no one here but me mocks and laughs at others thoughts and feelings?

Look..you bring a lot of the crap you get on yourself by trolling. I do laugh at some silly things you say. It seems so many threads...no matter what the subject matter...seem to come down to this exact conversation in regards to your posts. It's not just me. You do it with everybody. It detracts from the conversation people are trying to have. This leads me to believe that the problem lies not with the 20 other people on the board that you are consistantly butting heads with but with you.

I'm sorry but that's how I see it. Now that being said can we stick to the topic please? If that is too difficult then go annoy someone else in another thread.

Thank you

#30 Spidergawd

Spidergawd
  • VibeTribe
  • 14,795 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:37 PM

Look..you bring a lot of the crap you get on yourself by trolling. I do laugh at some silly things you say. It seems so many threads...no matter what the subject matter...seem to come down to this exact conversation in regards to your posts. It's not just me. You do it with everybody. It detracts from the conversation people are trying to have. This leads me to believe that the problem lies not with the 20 other people on the board that you are consistantly butting heads with but with you.

I'm sorry but that's how I see it. Now that being said can we stick to the topic please? If that is too difficult then go annoy someone else in another thread.

Thank you

:clapping: Well said sir.

#31 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:39 PM

:clapping: Well said sir.

:v: :lol:

#32 Mind Left Body

Mind Left Body
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

you brought it up
:dunno:

aw...am I boogin' ya?

Posted Image

now back to the funnies....

Still don't get the Bono joke..but if you think it's funny then fine.

Oh BTW...thanks for just proving my point. :lol:

You need a hobby..:wink:

#33 hoagie

hoagie
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,454 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I believe in large part this movement is about getting the dialogue started so that more people take a look around them and begin to ask questions.

take a look around and begin to ask questions.