I see Herman Cain everywhere since hi FL. win

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:34 PM

Does anyone realize that this win, is just as much of a "fringe" as those who called Ron Paul wins "doesn't mean very much"......

By the way, less than 2,700 delegates for this poll.......

#2 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

Posted Image

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

He's on the news right now going over his 9-9-9 plan.

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

Herman Cain (born December 13, 1945) is an American businessman, syndicated columnist, and radio host from Georgia. He is the former chairman and CEO of Godfather's Pizza and a former chairman (Omaha Branch board 1989–91), deputy chairman (1992–94) and chairman (1995–96) of the board of directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City.[2] Before his business career he worked as a mathematician in ballistics as a civilian employee of the United States Navy.[3][4] He lives in the Atlanta suburbs, where he also serves as an associate minister at Antioch Baptist Church North.
In January 2011, Cain announced he had formed an exploratory committee for a potential campaign for the Republican Presidential nomination in 2012 and on May 21 Cain officially announced his candidacy.[5] Although Cain had not held elective office before and remained well back of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney and, later, Texas Governor Rick Perry during summer polling, in mid-October 2011 Cain was leading.[6][7][8]

:hmmm:

#5 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

He just went on to say we shouldn't be cutting defense spending, we should be enhancing it, as the world is "unsafe". :rolleyes:

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

This guy is the real deal establishment. When they say Perry quickly going down the drain, they are pushing this guy to replace him.

Romney his the biggest flip flop out there. The guy will change his stance to suit the current talking climate. He's a phony. But still running strong in the GOP early race.

It's still hilarious how the MSM deliberately tries to marginalize Ron whenever he wins. Rolling of eyes, insults, "it doesnt matter"...etc...etc..
Basically, if the MSM does not want him involved, it's obvious he isnt on their team.

That's OK though, he's still got the largest grassroots support, including our military personnel,over any other candidate including Obama.

#7 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Ron came in 3rd for the quarter fundraiser and doesnt even get a mention. Rick Perry does though. :rotf:

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

:rotf:

#9 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

He's up in the polls right now only because people see him as someone fresh and new. A personable, charismatic, successful business man who's got a simple plan to fix things.

They're bored w/ Romney (he ran before, enacted Romneycare, and he's a Mormon - so that's sketchy), Perry is turning out to be another simpleton from TX, Bachmann is just a little too bat shit crazy for most,...

Once the populace figures out that Cain's 9-9-9 plan is a winfall for the rich, will hurt most everyone else, and doesn't nearly cover our budget shortfalls, he'll sink like a stone. He'll be lucky to get 5% of the vote in NH - sales tax is taboo there.

Ron Paul deserves some more air time and another look, but I'm doubtful that he'll get it. He's too academic for most people's tastes. Heck - even smart people can't fully wrap their head around what he's selling. I can't. And I have some serious doubts about the outcomes of some of his policies, but I'm still willing to give him a listen and a chance. Personally, I think he should be thinking now about running as a 3rd party candidate to stay in the debate if he does well in the R primaries.

#10 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:29 PM

He isn't "up in the polls". He won the Fl. debate, with a grand total of just under 2,700 delegates voting in the poll. A "fringe" base, if Paul were to have won. Now, the MSM is jumping on him and acting like he's "leading the race" and "this is a significant symbol". These polls, as we have seen, signify very little in the overall consensus. It's all about media attention at this early stage and building momentum.

Momentum the MSM deliberately attempts to curtail for Ron by marginalizing him.

As for "too academic", that's simply a sign of the publics inability to critically think and do some homework. I've had to do mine. I was confused on many of Paul's stances when I took to him in 2006-2007 because of his strong anti-war stance. Since that time, I've learned a great deal about history and economics. The fact remains, the school of economic thought he comes from, much like himself, has been marginalized in history. Even though these same scholars from this school have predicted the booms and busts of central economic planning accurately for the last 100 years.

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Seany, did you watch the two vids I posted in this thread?
The first offers some insight into the free market thinking of Ludwig von Mises. Worth the time if you haven't had much exposure.

#12 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:37 PM

I haven't yet, but I'll give it a go at some point. 37 min youtubes better be damn interesting to keep me engaged. I'm buried between work and charity prep work for January (Jam Cruise, Panic en la Playa, Mayan Holidaze).

#13 seany

seany
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,770 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Herman Cain - The Koch Candidate

http://www.huffingto..._n_1013661.html

IOWA CITY, Iowa — Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain has cast himself as the outsider, the pizza magnate with real-world experience who will bring fresh ideas to the nation's capital. But Cain's economic ideas, support and organization have close ties to two billionaire brothers who bankroll right-leaning causes through their group Americans for Prosperity. ...

#14 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:15 PM

I haven't yet, but I'll give it a go at some point. 37 min youtubes better be damn interesting to keep me engaged. I'm buried between work and charity prep work for January (Jam Cruise, Panic en la Playa, Mayan Holidaze).

It kept me engaged. It reveals some interesting facts about economic theory and paints a portrait of Mises.
"Interesting" would probably be relative in this case. You might find it boring, you might learn something. :dunno: :smile:

#15 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:16 PM

[quote name='seany']Herman Cain - The Koch Candidate

http://www.huffingto..._n_1013661.html

[I]IOWA CITY, Iowa

#16 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,576 posts