Photo
- - - - -

poetic justice: cop punches protester, makes hm bleed...protester is HIV positive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:20 PM

UPDATE] HIV Positive Protester Says Cop Who Punched Him Should Get Tested

(Christopher Robbins/Gothamist)[UPDATE BELOW] During the chaotic Occupy Wall Street march through the financial district this morning, we witnessed a protester on William Street get punched in the face by a police officer, seemingly without provocation. He says the officer hit him so hard his earring got knocked out, but he managed to escape arrest. We caught up with the protester later: his name is Felix Rivera-Pitre, and he told us what happened and how he got away.

Rivera-Pitre, who is HIV positive and used to be a dancer, tells us he was walking a little bit in front of the police on William Street, and admits he "shot the cop a look." But then, according to Rivera-Pitre (and this is in line with what we witnessed), "The cop just lunged at me full throttle and hit me on the left side of my face. It tore my earring out. I remember seeing my earring on the ground next to me and it was full of blood. I was completely dumbstruck. I'm HIV positive and that cop should get tested."

Asked how he escaped, Rivera-Pitre says, "The cops were pulling me by my feet and the crowd was pulling me by my hands, and I was suspended in the air. But there were more people than cops, and they pulled me out." The police were seen searching for Rivera-Pitre in the crowd, but somehow he managed to slip away.

http://gothamist.com...ays_cop_who.php

tried to embed but that doesn't work i guess...video in link

#2 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

the second video does not show the punch, but if you put the 2 together you can clearly see that the cop ran the guy down and turned him around and cracked him...pretty damn unprovoked except maybe the guy gave the cop a dirty look