4 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,003 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:18 PM

Dalai Lama
Study and practice are both very important, but they must go hand in hand. Faith without knowledge is not sufficient. Faith needs to be supported by reason. However intellectual understanding that is not applied in practice is also of little use. Whatever we learn from study we need to apply sincerely in our daily lives.

#2 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

There is reason to my faith maybe that's why folks get mad when I tell them about it, so I generally don't mention it unless they ask and even then I ask if the're sure they want to hear.:wink:

#3 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,003 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Folks get mad over your faith? Does it involve harming others?

#4 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:22 AM

Nope. I have no idea why they get mad I don't knock theirs but some of my princabals are borrowed from other faiths(there is a grain of truth in all) and mixed with science. Christians are the only people who have got heated over my personal faith. I guess because they see their religion in the mix and think it's sacrilege?
If you want to know more I will pm you but mostly has to do with Buddhism,Christianity and alchemy.:smile:

#5 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 24,003 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:36 AM

Sounds interesting. I was actively engaged in gnostic studies for a number of years. Seems when traced to the roots most "religions" have similar basic principles.