10 replies to this topic

#1 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:06 PM

October 6, 2011
As the Senate prepared to take up President Obama's jobs package, Sen. Bernie Sanders said in a Senate floor speech on Thursday that it's time to put Americans back to work. With real unemployment at more than 16 percent, Sanders called for the creation of millions of jobs by investing in much-needed road and bridge repairs and other construction projects to repair the nation's crumbling infrastructure and transform our energy system. Sanders also said he was pleased that the Senate's Democratic leadership adopted his idea to help pay for the jobs program with a surtax on millionaires. "At a time when the wealthy are doing phenomenally well and their effective tax rate is the lowest in decades, it is appropriate to ask those people to help fund a major jobs program," Sanders said.

#2 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:28 PM

Republicans will fight it because Obama wants to use the tax increase on the 1% to pay for it.

#3 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:11 PM

Will the monies be appropriated to make an end result?
Failing to understand economics isn't going to do any longer I believe.

#4 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:27 PM

Paul and Sanders are friends too...

#5 Eco

Eco
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,109 posts
  • LocationFoxboro MA

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

I still don't see how employing a few road workers is going to help the economy but at least the roads will look nice:rolleyes:

Stop importing stuff=forces the US to produce=factories have to reopen=people have jobs=people have money=people spend money and the world rotates again.

#6 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:35 PM

Friggin nancy

#7 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:41 PM

I still don't see how employing a few road workers is going to help the economy but at least the roads will look nice:rolleyes:

Stop importing stuff=forces the US to produce=factories have to reopen=people have jobs=people have money=people spend money and the world rotates again.

I also believe we need a new WPA. Our sewers, water mains, electrical grid, bridges, railroads all need to be upgraded. Put people to work doing this and they will have cash to buy things. Things are bought companies have orders and can hire people.

#8 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Form a govt. Committee to pursue the new infrastructure endeavor. We'll cough up the duckets.

#9 robberry

robberry
  • VibeTribe
  • 5,219 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:01 AM

I also believe we need a new WPA. Our sewers, water mains, electrical grid, bridges, railroads all need to be upgraded. Put people to work doing this and they will have cash to buy things. Things are bought companies have orders and can hire people.

I've been saying that for a while now, I'm glad you've noticed. :)

#10 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 07 October 2011 - 01:15 AM

I've been saying that for a while now, I'm glad you've noticed. :)

I know. I also have been telling my representatives that for years now. That's why I said calling and sending e mails is an avenue I have explored.

#11 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 18,762 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 10:58 AM

Government has nothing. The only thing govt can provide, it steals from others to pay someone else to do. Why not just leave govt. to do its original job of upholding the laws and contracts? Leave the private sector work to the private sector.