• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

Near to me is one at Pomfret recreation park right off of route 97. It a fun and good for a beginner. Only 9 holes and not too challenging. There is one in Thomson but I have not been there yet.
Hyland Orchard in Sturbridge MA. Has a pretty challenging full on 18 holes. Starts in woods and ends in the orchard behind petting zoo. They held Disc jam there this year. I hope they continue to do so.
Friend wants me to play Tolland. I will tell you about it after I do.

#2 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I have never been to nor seen a disc golf course. :sad:

#3 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:50 AM

Really?Posted Image
It's a fun way to get outdoors and get a little exercise. Still a beginner myself as I don't have much time to play. Turned my buddy and his girl on to it 4 months ago. He goes almost every nice day and has surpassed my skill level. He wants to go pro.:smile:

#4 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:02 AM

I went to Hyland for discjam, been getting into disc golf since. Never played there but I checked out the course and it looks great. I fried quite a few folks on hole 9 (going into the woods) as it's right next to a convenient hidy spot. Hippie hazard on hole 9!

I played half a game at West Thompson Lake in North Grosvenordale CT. It was getting dark and my fail skillz were slowing down the vets I was playing with. Beautiful course though, absolutely gorgeous scenery. I definitely want to go back after honing my skills some more.

I mostly throw my putter in my backyard into a trashcan or practice driving at my local city park. I imagine people wonder " Why does that fat guy keep throwing that little frisbee into the woods and swear about it?"

There is a 9 hole in Ninigret Park in Charlsetown RI, but I heard it's pretty lame and not worth checking out unless you are very close.

#5 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

I went to Hyland for discjam, been getting into disc golf since. Never played there but I checked out the course and it looks great.

I played half a game at West Thompson Lake in North Grosvenordale CT. It was getting dark and my fail skillz were slowing down the vets I was playing with. Beautiful course though, absolutely gorgeous scenery. I definitely want to go back after honing my skills some more.

I mostly throw my putter in my backyard into a trashcan or practice driving at my local city park. I imagine people wonder " Why does that fat guy keep throwing that little frisbee into the woods and swear about it?"

I want to do West Thompson soon. Buying myself 3 baskets for x-mas. for the next three years. Think I have the room to set-up a nice little course. I am looking at portable ones. Practice at Vibes!

#6 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:20 AM

I want to do West Thompson soon. Buying myself 3 baskets for x-mas. for the next three years. Think I have the room to set-up a nice little course. I am looking at portable ones. Practice at Vibes!

Me Bizzle and DeadnGrateful were looking at baskets this summer. We were talking about trying to play at vibes. We decided head injuries were likely.

If you bring baskets though, I can guarantee you've got 3 heads willing to play. They are both pretty decent. I embarrass myself.:monkey:

#7 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

I embarrass myself more than often.:funny1:

#8 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Oh wow, just checking out the PDGA for some pictures of the game. I thought that rather than a basket there would be a hoop stood on end.

#9 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Will TEO toss some putt's vibes 2012?

The baskets make the coolest ching-ching noise.

#10 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,567 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:43 AM

Although I am not very adept with the Frisbee, I would be game for tossing some putts. :smile:

#11 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:55 AM

ching-ching! :crazy:

#12 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:56 AM

My friend just texted me he bought a portable basket with chains that folds up into a neat carrying case. Price is a little steep though($150.00)I so want one. I will check it out this weekend. Prolly will play Hyland Orchard Sunday as I will be there for Scotty & Mmmark.:smile:

#13 DancingBearly

DancingBearly
  • VibeTribe
  • 7,917 posts
  • LocationQuiet Corner

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:36 AM

Played the Tolland CT. course. Parked at the grade school my friends parked in park lot(they got locked in). A full 18 hole course. Was nicely laid out. Almost as challenging as Hyland. Lot of water around from streams, small swamp and vernal pools so in season prepare for skeeters. It is a more well known course than Pomfret so expect more seasoned players and maybe a wait or request to play through. :smile: