• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hi All

I am 22 days sober today after being out again for about a year and half. If the universe is willing I will still be sober at Vibes next year. I would love to meet and camp with you all. ... I want to be up early in the morning, not up late erasing memories of where I've been. (thanks RM for the lyric)

I am so glad this group is here

Justin

#2 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

what are you doing to stay sober?

#3 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

So far I am doing 90 in 90. Found some good meetings around my area (North Shore, MA), pretty sure I will continue to go everyday even after the 90 days. Think I've finally accepted the disease in its entirety, gone is the delusion that I may be able to have one or two drinks now and again or smoke once in awhile. I know that once I do anything I'll be all out using again within a week. That acceptance may be the biggest thing keeping me sober right now.

#4 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:40 PM

So far I am doing 90 in 90. Found some good meetings around my area (North Shore, MA), pretty sure I will continue to go everyday even after the 90 days. Think I've finally accepted the disease in its entirety, gone is the delusion that I may be able to have one or two drinks now and again or smoke once in awhile. I know that once I do anything I'll be all out using again within a week. That acceptance may be the biggest thing keeping me sober right now.

congadulations ,i dig it! i'm doin the 90 in 90 too ,today is 39 ,but i've been sober and clean for 139! i washed my last pill down with my last shot of whiskey

sometime in the steps the Desire to drink will be lifted right out of you and that will be incredibly and spiritualy freeing!

you are right ,we are born cucumbers but become pickles and can not ever go back. seriously ,have you ever cucumbered a pickle? lol

Have you found a Sponsor?

#5 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:04 PM

Way to go! yeah, I can't wait to have the desire entirely gone. It is certainly lifting and it is a wonderful feeling to sense that weight lessening. I am in the 4th-5th step process right now, though I haven't found a sponsor to work through it with yet.

Lol you can't fix a pickle that's for sure, and I am effectively pickled. Coincidentally I loved pickles when I was drinking, must have been the salt. Can't stand em now.

#6 Mama Kel

Mama Kel
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:57 PM

Lots of love & support <3

#7 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

thanks so much :rose:

#8 roo

roo
  • VibeTribe
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

Way to go! yeah, I can't wait to have the desire entirely gone. It is certainly lifting and it is a wonderful feeling to sense that weight lessening. I am in the 4th-5th step process right now, though I haven't found a sponsor to work through it with yet.

Lol you can't fix a pickle that's for sure, and I am effectively pickled. Coincidentally I loved pickles when I was drinking, must have been the salt. Can't stand em now.

Nice! Get a Sponsor period. i do not recommend doing the 4th step alone for anyone. for two reasons 1)you wont even know how to do it and 2) some things about yourself will come out that you didnt even know and you will not like them.this will happen if you are Honest and Thorough.
This is where the Sponsor comes in ,you will have him to talk to about it. A good sponsor will tell you that to feel better about these character defects is to OWN them. Readily admit that "yeah that was me ,but it is not who i am now and my past does not define who i am now."

you are right step 4 and five go together but step four is a process that ends at step 7. You will know this for yourself when you pick up the Big Book. There is a Prayer we say in Step 3 but do not say Amen until after Humbly asking God (as we know him) to remove these character defects.

#9 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 26,713 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Welcome back. If you find yourself questioning whether you belong or not, read the "Not Fade Away" forum on this board. The disease claimed two of our friends this year.

We stay sober in clusters. Stay in the middle of the herd so you don't get picked off.

#10 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the advice and the welcome. I remind myself everyday that I will be dead or in jail if I don't treat my disease and accept it as life and death. Its a tragic thing, sorry for your losses.

I do need a sponsor and I guess its just a matter of finding the right person, but I don't want to sit around too long being choosing. I am almost to my 30 day chip. My goal will be to have a sponsor before I get the 60 day chip.

#11 TEO

TEO

VibeGuide

• VibeGuide
  • 22,457 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 09:36 PM

Strength & Compassion :heart:

#12 deadphan

deadphan
  • VibeTribe
  • 2,978 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

Works if ya work it. Welcome back. :v: I'm a newbie too, have about 9 and a half months sober. Lost one of my best friends this year to the disease. My best friend in the rooms went back out recently. Thank God I'm still here. Things like that and you posting this remind me that it's not getting any better "out there." Much love and positive vibes. :heart: I suggest getting a sponsor to work through your 4th step to. My 4th step is taking me a while, but I can't do it without guidance, that's just me though. :monkey:

#13 George

George
  • VibeTribe
  • 377 posts
  • LocationGlendora,NJ

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:42 AM

:jump:Welcome back! :jump:

#14 child_of_boundless_seas

child_of_boundless_seas
  • VibeTribe
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

I hear you deadphan, it's a brutal disease. I lost a friend last year...sent up a prayer lantern at Vibes this year. There's too many reminders to try to keep tempting fate. I am on the sponsor hunt, there's a real nice guy in my home group that I think I am going to ask this week. Saturday is 30 days so I think its time. Thanks George for the welcome.