• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#51 In A Silent Way

In A Silent Way
  • VibeTribe
  • 27,515 posts
  • LocationShoreline, CT

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:26 AM

If you are a US citizen who defects to another country that harbors a group with a history of attacking the US military, and you are part of that group, you can put your due process up your boof canal.

#52 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,000 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

OK...

#53 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

I like Dan. I would prefer to debate intelligently on the subjects with him. I disagree a lot and sometimes completely agree. I find the selective commentary and unfounded injections unreasonable and void of true honest debate on the matters. Lately, to the point of feeling insulted and the need to make light of the responses. Maybe when there is more time to spare... :dunno:

I was the same way, hell if it wasn't for him I probably wouldn't have gotten as involved in politics as I am.

But the more one checks into what he says the more one realizes it's just as you say, "unfounded injections unreasonable and void of true honest debate on the matters."

It shouldn't be about constantly pushing an agenda, it should be about getting information out there and letting people think for themselves and make an informed decision on there own.

#54 Smiles

Smiles
  • VibeTribe
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:25 AM

Mutually Assured Respect sounds like a good plan. War may drain a countries resources, but that money goes somewhere. I assume it mostly goes to the bullet and bomb salesman. Only the best for our illegal Pentagon Death squads.

I wonder if Ron Paul got elected president he could completely dismantle the military industrial complex, redesign the world financial system and legalize fat doobies. Or, if he (and his supporters) would hit the same wall of political inertia Obama did.

:undecided: He might even end up in snarky sig banners and ironic avatars :wink:

All sorts of flavors.
Posted Image

#55 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,000 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

!

#56 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

Respect is earned

Yes, the President of the United States should have earned your respect as President of the United States when he was elected
Electoral vote 365 173 States carried 28 + DC + NE-02 22 Popular vote 69,456,897[1] 59,934,814[1]
You have never respected that. You have slurred him before he was elected president and you continued that. And in doing so you showed disrespect for the office and to America.

As have other folks here.

Personally I almost always called the man who occupied the office before President Obama: Mr. Bush

I'm sure you can find a few times I used 'dubya' his nickname used by those close to him, and I wouldn't be surprised if you found a few Bush in context.

Though I think that those elections were stolen I still showed respect for the office.

#57 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:46 PM

wow...nice copout:rolleyes:

not a copout at all

All you had to do was answer showing respect.

#58 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

The question was whether or not he is anti-war. Which you are some how trying to twist into peace (apparently world peace).

No. There was no question on the table at all.

I saw a thread title, and I commented on what I thought the title was implying.

#59 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:50 PM

It shouldn't be about constantly pushing an agenda, it should be about getting information out there and letting people think for themselves and make an informed decision on there own.

From where I sit that looks like a hypocritical statement. You constantly push your agenda

#60 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

Yes, the President of the United States should have earned your respect as President of the United States when he was elected
Electoral vote 365 173 States carried 28 + DC + NE-02 22 Popular vote 69,456,897[1] 59,934,814[1]
You have never respected that. You have slurred him before he was elected president and you continued that. And in doing so you showed disrespect for the office and to America.

As have other folks here.

Personally I almost always called the man who occupied the office before President Obama: Mr. Bush

I'm sure you can find a few times I used 'dubya' his nickname used by those close to him, and I wouldn't be surprised if you found a few Bush in context.

Though I think that those elections were stolen I still showed respect for the office.

:rotf:

Getting elected doesn't equal earning respect in my book

And you made a habit out of calling Bush things like thug, murder, criminal etc... so please spare us your lies :rolleyes:

#61 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

I find the selective commentary and unfounded injections unreasonable and void of true honest debate on the matters. Lately, to the point of feeling insulted and the need to make light of the responses. Maybe when there is more time to spare... :dunno:

I feel exactly the opposite.

Even when I've tried to explore areas where you supposedly agree I see you being extremely unreasonable and attack me, and it makes me question whether you truly understand anything that is outside your perspective.

When I've tried to bring conversation private to maybe take the heat out of a discussion you've published it publicly, which of course is disrespectful.

I like you too, but at this point I feel you don't discuss politics .. at least with me on this board... with an open mind, with intellectual honesty and with respect.

So I feel no need to engage you in debate and haven't for a while (prolly since about the time you published that). Consider that when I do, it may not be you that I'm talking to.

#62 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

And you made a habit out of calling Bush things like thug, murder, criminal etc... so please spare us your lies :rolleyes:

It's respect for the office, which is respect for the decision of the people, respect for democracy. Clearly you don't have it.

Now if you want to say President Obama is criminal and can back it up, that's not disrespectful. I was able to back it up. But if the person in the office should be impeached, he still is in that office.

Perhaps the concept of respect for the presidency is a little too much for you to understand?

#63 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

If you are a US citizen who defects to another country that harbors a group with a history of attacking the US military, and you are part of that group, you can put your due process up your boof canal.

Wasn't he also active in planning and recruiting people to commit acts of violence or war against the US? That's my impression though I'm not sure

#64 Deadshow Dan

Deadshow Dan
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,955 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:17 PM

OK, loose ends tied up here

#65 Joker

Joker
  • VibeTribe
  • 11,797 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

It's respect for the office, which is respect for the decision of the people, respect for democracy. Clearly you don't have it.

Now if you want to say President Obama is criminal and can back it up, that's not disrespectful. I was able to back it up. But if the person in the office should be impeached, he still is in that office.

Perhaps the concept of respect for the presidency is a little too much for you to understand?

Which changes nothing about your lies. :dunno:

You were far more disrespectful than I both towards the office and the president himself. Spin it any way you want, you're only fooling yourself

#66 TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack
  • VibeTribe
  • 19,000 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I feel exactly the opposite.

Even when I've tried to explore areas where you supposedly agree I see you being extremely unreasonable and attack me, and it makes me question whether you truly understand anything that is outside your perspective.

When I've tried to bring conversation private to maybe take the heat out of a discussion you've published it publicly, which of course is disrespectful.

I like you too, but at this point I feel you don't discuss politics .. at least with me on this board... with an open mind, with intellectual honesty and with respect.

So I feel no need to engage you in debate and haven't for a while (prolly since about the time you published that). Consider that when I do, it may not be you that I'm talking to.

If a private exchange that displays a willingness to apologize and change my posts due to perceived offense, to explain my case for an obvious disparage among treatment on the board makes me disrespectful, then so be it. I tend to live by the rule that outside of business and very personal matters, I wouldn't say much in private I wouldn't readily repeat in public.

With intellectual honesty? Really? I watch you select portions of posts to comment on while leaving other parts completely out if it suits your interest. On a regular basis too. You insert opinions and push them as fact and will simply walk away without explaining, yet I'm intellectually dishonest.

I'm glad we've cleared this up. You want to talk within the threads outside of having to engage certain individuals. One of which is apparently me. That's fine. Going forward, I will not bother to engage you within a discussion.

Peace, Dan.

#67 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

this.

#68 vic

vic
  • VibeTribe
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

If a private exchange that displays a willingness to apologize and change my posts due to perceived offense, to explain my case for an obvious disparage among treatment on the board makes me disrespectful, then so be it. I tend to live by the rule that outside of business and very personal matters, I wouldn't say much in private I wouldn't readily repeat in public.

With intellectual honesty? Really? I watch you select portions of posts to comment on while leaving other parts completely out if it suits your interest. On a regular basis too. You insert opinions and push them as fact and will simply walk away without explaining, yet I'm intellectually dishonest.

I'm glad we've cleared this up. You want to talk within the threads outside of having to engage certain individuals. One of which is apparently me. That's fine. Going forward, I will not bother to engage you within a discussion.

Peace, Dan.

and this.

it wasn't always this blatant...you disappoint me, dan:undecided: